New Star Trek film in the works!

TMM

Berman Says "Star Trek XI" Will Happen

Producer Rick Berman recently told Sci-Fi.com that Paramount still plans to go ahead with "Star Trek XI." He shot down rumors that plans for the movie had been dropped.

Berman added:

"The status of the next film is it's in an early state of story development, and the Paramount Motion Picture Group will announce personnel and whatever elements of the project when they see fit. If the project does develop as planned I think, of all the Star Trek movies I've been involved with and the previous regimes have been involved with, this one will undoubtedly have a larger scope and budget. It's a very ambitious project, and I'm hoping that it will get the support to come to fruition."

Credit: Cinecon.com

From 411mania.com, which they took from Cinecon.com

This could be good or bad.

I loved Nemesis personally, but I know some people didn't. I wanna know what series they're gonna use.

They can't to TNG for a number of reasons (and I hope they don't because that'll take away the meaning of Nemesis IMO) so I hope they do a DS9 one. Or Voyager. DS9 preferably. Just as long as it isn't Enterprise, I'm a happy guy...if this ever happens mind you.

wassent there a rule that every second star treck movie is a good one, and the other numbers like 1,3,5 and so on suck hard *scraches head* thatwould make this one the next good one wouldend it ? ye, love my logic, now !

Well, let's look at it like this (my opinions here)

The Motion Picture - Um, decent, but story was pretty week

The Wrath of Khan - Brilliant, best of the Original's

The Search for Spock - Very good IMO, very different

The Voyage Home - The film for non-Trek fans, but the one most people remember. Great film.

The Final Frontier - Um, shitty story, but there was a lot of laughs I think.

The Undiscovered Country - Loved this film, one of my fav's.

Generations - Good film, but could've been better.

First Contact - Best of the Star Trek films.

Insurrection - Again, good but could've been better.

Nemesis - Fantastic, ending made me cry

So that makes this number 11, odd number, by law it should be pretty weak.

It HAS to be DS9.

For the sole reason that another TNG film would make no sense, an Enterprise film would make me cry and want to kill people (much like the series, then...) all the while rewriting Trek history at the whim of the dipshit writing it..and a Voyager film would be pretty cool, but meh.

If it's not DS9, it'll suck.

I would love a DS9 film but it won't happen. I was under the impression that once they'd done away with the Next Generation they were going to cut straight to the Enterprise cast.

From a brief excursion into Google, I get the impression that it's going to set pre-Kirk, possibly to do with Romulans. Not taking any of this for granted, of course, but it looks like they're heading in the Enterprise-esque direction.

They could do a big-ass crossover film... :D that'd make me happy.

But in truth, I want them to do a DS9 film, bring Sisko back, reunite the gang and go shoot some Cardassians...or Romulans, whatever they choose to blow up.

Know what'd be cool? Setting it post-Voyager when everybody's buggered off to do their own thing, and have some Dominion ships suddenly turn up out of nowhere and blow some shit up (something big...I dunno, the big shipyards in the solar system whose name I forget...Utopia?), and there's a big "aaaaaah what the hell, they've got some technology similar to what the Borg had previously, and now they're BACK DAMN IT". Thus forcing characters from all three of the TNG/DS9/Voyager (though mainly DS9, since they are the guys to deal with the Dominion) into an afore-mentioned giant crossover deal. Probably with some Cardassians and Romulans thrown into the mix as well.

Or maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic for the last two series of DS9...*sniff*. :(

I'd be psyched if they did a DS9 one. It'd be cool cause they could have the Dominion come back out of nowhere and the DS9 crew on the Defiant kicking everything's ass.

BTW, did anyone pick up the HUGE continutity error in Nemisis? During the wedding Wesley Crusher was wearing a Starfleet dress uniform, even though he left starfleet during the series? (or am I just a huge nerd for picking this out)

It won't be DS9. Read an interview with Berman where he said flat out it wouldn't be TNG, DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise. So there.

I hated the last two Star Trek movies. Insurrection and Nemesis were really bad. Insurrection was just awful.

Voyager was my personal favorite, though I did enjoy Next Generation...I doubt that they'll go back to that. I think it is to early for Enterprise to have their own movie...we've already had cross-overs too, which Next Generation and the original series.

Guest Locutus of Borg

I'd love to see another TNG movie, but unless they spin Data's death like they did with Spock in the II/III continuation, like having it have been the prototype that ended up going onto the Romulan ship, which wouldn't make any sense. I think I read somewhere that Brent Spiner wanted Nemesis to be his last Trek film anyways.

If it's an Enterprise movie, I'll cry. I'm really not favorable towards that series. A Pre-TOS is really something only Roddenberry probably could have pulled off.

From a brief excursion into Google, I get the impression that it's going to set pre-Kirk, possibly to do with Romulans. Not taking any of this for granted, of course, but it looks like they're heading in the Enterprise-esque direction.

It would be interesting, if they used Christopher Pike or Robert April...

No, no no....

If it has to do with Romulans, then it's going to be the first war between The Federation and the Romulans....see The Original Series, Season One episode "Balance of Terror".

Well, the director certainly isn't a stranger to Star Trek at least.

Well....

They'll make it, it'll bomb, and they'll come to their senses and give us a DS9 or VGR movie.

It's Roddenberry's story all over again.

Gene wanted......Star Trek VI from memory to be a "Pre" Original movie.

But it's the Unholy Triumvate of Trek.

They'll make it, it'll bomb on Gigli type levels, the franchise dies a slow death

I'd be psyched if they did a DS9 one. It'd be cool cause they could have the Dominion come back out of nowhere and the DS9 crew on the Defiant kicking everything's ass.

BTW, did anyone pick up the HUGE continutity error in Nemisis? During the wedding Wesley Crusher was wearing a Starfleet dress uniform, even though he left starfleet during the series? (or am I just a huge nerd for picking this out)

It's not REALLY on continuity error, because that's explained in the books. Well, so what if the books were written AFTER Nemesis to pretty much explain these errors and stuff?

Anyway, in a Time to be Born/A Time to Die, Wesley being a human is explained (he left Starfleet to join up with the Traveler). I can't remember what specifically happened, but he ended up losing his powers if memory serves and became human. I'd assume, what with him being a part of Starfleet before, that he'd be allowed to wear the uniform to the wedding.

Yeah...I'm a Trekkie.

It's not REALLY on continuity error, because that's explained in the books. Well, so what if the books were written AFTER Nemesis to pretty much explain these errors and stuff?

Anyway, in a Time to be Born/A Time to Die, Wesley being a human is explained (he left Starfleet to join up with the Traveler). I can't remember what specifically happened, but he ended up losing his powers if memory serves and became human. I'd assume, what with him being a part of Starfleet before, that he'd be allowed to wear the uniform to the wedding.

Yeah...I'm a Trekkie.

Yeah....

But the Encyclopeida doesn't follow the books, like Star Wars does...

So really it can be debatable whether or not it's canon.

LEAVE STAR TREK ALONE. STOP MAKING THINGS.

FUCKING AMERICANS. DON'T KNOW WHEN TO LET IT GO.

STAR TREK IS OVER. AND IT ROCKED UP TO AND NOT INCLUDING ENTERPRISE. EVERYTHING ELSE IS GOLD. EVEN VOYAGER, WHICH IS LIKE WHITE GOLD, NOT QUITE PURE, BUT GOLD NONE THE LESS.

I LOVE STAR TREK, I LOVE IT ENOUGH TO KNOW IT'S TIME TO STOP.