Films/CD's that made you go...

Liam

I bought American Idiot by Green Day about 2/3 months ago...it's still in my CD player and hasn't moved since. I listen to it everytime I have to go to work, when I'm on my break or whatever. Best CD I own.

In terms of films...the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. All of them. Purely awesome, and the effects and brilliant. Everything about it is awesome.

Guest MystikalityIX

Nas - Illmatic.

I don't think anybody can really disagree with that, possibly the greatest hip hop album of all time. No skippable tracks, not a bad line on the whole album.

I'd got with the classic CD's, you know the Zeppelins, the Clash, Michael Jackson, but those were always hyped up, I couldn't ever not think they were great CD's.

I remember sitting in my basement and this video came on the television. I was blown away. The song was amazing. The energy was intense. The drummer was breaking his drums he was hitting them so hard. The guitarist was slamming his fist against the guitar as the lead singer screamed in anger. Maybe it was the fact it was the most epic punk-rock anthem I had ever heard.

I picked up the album the next day at MusicWorld for 26.99$ Canadian. Most new CD's are 12-18, so I was discouraged in buying it. But there was this feeling in my stomach as I played the first track. The lead singer talks about the classics having style. And than he breaks into a 7 minute screaming rant about Coke Cola.

Refused, the Shape of Punk To Come has altered my entire life. Anyone who doesn't own the record should BUY IT. Anyone who does own the record should burn it and give it to their friends. Even if they are into the worst kind of music. Some people like to say Refused are hardcore, but not with this kind of attitude. This is punk-rock in its purest form.

The Boondock Saints. Easily one of the funniest, and best action movies ever.

Also, Equilibrium. It's like The Matrix, except it's so much better.

I thought Equilibrium was highly overrated. If they had a much bigger budget it woulda been great as the stiry was great as were the characters and set-up. It just felt low-budget though. I hear people say it's better then The Matrix all the time but I just don't agree, even if it does have Sean Bean in it.

Equilbirum wowed me when I saw the Gun Kata fights. I was thinking "That's fucking cool! They didn't do that shit in the Matrix!".

The Matrix Reloaded. I had a big shit-eating grin on my face when I saw that in the theaters...just so intense, so amazing, the rabbit hole getting deeper and deeper.....

Twister. Made me wow because I was 11, and I thought it was the shit. It contributed greatly to a budding interest I had in severe weather.

Fellowship of the Ring. Saw it a little after "The Two Towers" came out. I wasn't really into LOTR, but I converted after I saw Fellowship on Starz....a few days later, I went out to see Two Towers.

Star Wars, original trilogy Re-Release. Star Wars on the big screen, better then ever. 'Nuff said.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Widescreen DVD. I always liked Temple of Doom, but for some reason, I never appreciated it as much as I did when I first saw it WS....maybe it was the formating, but it made me appreciate Speilburg more than ever.

CD's havent' really wowed me...

GAMES THAT WOWED ME

Mike Tyson's Punch Out!! Why? Little guy beating the piss out of guys twice his size.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. My very first SNES game, and I love the opening sequence many times over.

Grand Theft Auto 3. I new GTA was violent; I had no idea it'd be that violent.

WCW vs nWo World Tour. The first wrestling game on the N64. You could have 4 different costumes...and use weapons....it was cool. I was unbeatable as The Giant. They got the idea for the streak by watching me play this game.

Doom. 1994, my first computer. So, we celebrate by getting a 10 year old kid a fucking violent game. I loved that game, thinking "OH SHIT!" when I see a demon chasing me.

TIE Fighter. It was a Star Wars computer game, only I'm flying a TIE Fighter. How cool is that?!

Warcraft. Little Green and White Men beating the piss out of eachother that bitch when they're touched.

Diablo. Lots of monsters. A small part of me still shudders when I open up the door to the Butcher's room and hear "Ahhhh, FRESH MEAT".

Anyways, all of those "Wowed" me.

The Boondock Saints. Easily one of the funniest, and best action movies ever.

Also, Equilibrium. It's like The Matrix, except it's so much better.

I thought Equilibrium was highly overrated. If they had a much bigger budget it woulda been great as the stiry was great as were the characters and set-up. It just felt low-budget though. I hear people say it's better then The Matrix all the time but I just don't agree, even if it does have Sean Bean in it.

when pro evolution 4 came out on ps2 me and my mates in my halls went mad and played it all the time we still do its the best football game ever.

cd wise its hard my taste in music is ever evolving so i cant put a single c right now thats wowed me but Incubus - Science is one i love and always have its amazing metally riffs with some slap bass and some amazing vocals its one of my favourite cds.