Hoobustank

tristy

No, I didn't spell it wrong.

Anyone heard the earlier Hoobastank stuff from when they were called Hoobustank? The only album they released under that name is called "They Sure Don't Make Basketball Shorts Like They Used To". I've only heard one song from it so far (The Dance That Broke My Jaw), but it's pretty good. Better than their current stuff.

It actually sounds sorta ska-ish. It has the "Oi Oi Oi!" chant at the beginning, and it has trumpets in it and whatnot. Pretty good song, believe it or not.

Yes.

EDIT: In a funny note, they mention the WWF in this track.

Edited by Tristof

No, I didn't spell it wrong.

Anyone heard the earlier Hoobastank stuff from when they were called Hoobustank? The only album they released under that name is called "They Sure Don't Make Basketball Shorts Like They Used To". I've only heard one song from it so far (The Dance That Broke My Jaw), but it's pretty good. Better than their current stuff.

It actually sounds sorta ska-ish. It has the "Oi Oi Oi!" chant at the beginning, and it has trumpets in it and whatnot. Pretty good song, believe it or not.

Yes.

EDIT: In a funny note, they mention the WWF in this track.

Hoobastank, Hoobustank, they still Hoobastink.

Think that one up on your own, Benji? :mellow:

I by no means think they're great but they are capable of pulling out a few good songs, such as Crawling In The Dark. Then they bring out crap like The Reason.

If you found it funny, yes, if you didn't, fuck you :shifty:

Crawling in the Dark was extremely "Meh" on an otherwise abomination of an album.

If you noticed this was a topic promoting for people to go and listen to some of their old shit, but dumbasses like Benji won't do it/won't listen because he holds a grudge because he secretly liked The Reason, and just doesn't have the balls to admit it.

Seriously, get some shit off their Basketball CD. It's great.

If you noticed this was a topic promoting for people to go and listen to some of their old shit, but dumbasses like Benji won't do it/won't listen because he holds a grudge because he secretly liked The Reason, and just doesn't have the balls to admit it.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Actually I'm trying to obtain it now to see what it's like, but the latest album was horrendous, now FU Tristy as I don't actually judge a band on one frigging album, any album might be good for all I know and anything is worth a listen once, I'm not that sad to judge before I hear it.

Actually I'm trying to obtain it now to see what it's like, but the latest album was horrendous, now FU Tristy as I don't actually judge a band on one frigging album, any album might be good for all I know and anything is worth a listen once, I'm not that sad to judge before I hear it.

Fair enough.

Was a bit of an arse there, sorry :blush: It's just I hate when people assume that I'm like every other person who can't judge each song as it comes, for all I know Blazing Squad could have a good song I've not heard, but I won't judge that beforehand, Hoobastank may not be that terrible but that one album is what I was judging upon until I am proved otherwise.