Desperate Housewives Desperate For More Money

zero

Stop calling them cunts you fucking morons.

From Zap2It

With a 21.6/30, the football kept CBS on top for the 9 p.m. hour, but ABC was lurking. "Desperate Housewives" did a stunning 16.1/22 against the powerful competition, still doing an 11.1 rating among adults

18-49. NBC's screening of "Bridget Jones' Diary" was good for third, better than the 3.5/5 for two "Family Guy" repeats on FOX.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

They're still cunts, people understand that the show is pulling in the ratings, and others get more money for similar jobs, but going to the media complaining shows nothing but a 'my shit dont stink' attitude.

So yes, they are fucking cunts.

The fact that they don't seem to give a shit about the fact that they make a lot more than the average member of the public, and are crying about not being given cars (I thought it was the thought that was supposed to count :P), when they're being paid to do very little, makes them cunts. And fucking greedy ones at that.

Funny how there's never this much anger when an actor demands $25,000,000 AND gross points for one film.

For those stating that they'll lose their audience over the next year, don't bet on it. Desperate Housewives has not only been solid this year, but has actually jumped up in the ratings. This will clearly be the Sex and the City for broadcast television, whether or not what men think of it. Think about how Lifetime movies are always successful, despite what men think of them. They clearly have their audience hooked and will keep it for at least a few years.

So, I say give them payment for what they've done. After all, making loads of money does seem to be what Hollywood is truly about anyway.

Personally, I love the whole line of thinking that goes "It's not my kind of show, so it's crap, and since I think it's crap, obviously it's going to fail." Just find that interesting. Not addressing that towards anyone here specifically, just an observation that I've noticed in many places.

Though yeah, I do see their point, in that the show IS bringing in a lot of money, so why not ask for more? THAT said, complaining about "only" getting $47,000 a show is pretty...petty and greedy and whiny and bitchy.

Edited by bigsheep305

I think my original idea here kinda got skewed. I don't think the show is that horrible, but I do think it's the flavor of the month. With the actresses getting greedy after one fucking season, you won't see them hanging around for too long. They'll walk off and the show will lose its appeal.

This show gets huge ratings, yet a smart and hilarious show like Arrested Development almost didn't even get a second season.

I don't like it when making 50k an episode (times 13 or however long the season is) to do work for less then half the year is "too little". Many won't make that much money in there lives! These actors and actress want us to pity them and feel sorry for them when the paparazzi stalks them, but complaining about making too little money never helps your image.

Because Everybody Loves Raymond has been on for almost ten years. Desperate Housewives is what? A mid-season replacement that's been on for 13 episodes and they have the balls to wonder why the network hasn't sent them a Porsche? The ratings could tank next season and they're already demanding more cash... it's a little over the top.

Guest raze0811

The show Friends, lasted for what, 10 or 11 seasons? They weren't making that much when the show started. I think its alot like wrestling, you pay your dues and prove you're worth it. Then you get the big bank. Maybe after another season or two, if this show looks like it is going to be long lasting and promising as Friends, then yeah, maybe give them the big bucks. But not yet.

$47,000 an episode? I don't make that much per year. And you know how many episodes they had in Season 1? 15. 15 x 47000 = $705,000 annual salary. Not bad for an actress for a show thats been on ONE FUCKING SEASON.

Bitches.

Guest Ringmaster

But I've never understood the British obsession with shit Sports and Reality Shows and whatnot.

Urm, we use to have this show called RISE! (a breakfast show) and it had a whole segment (screen daily) dedicated to showing us clips of all the reality TV shows that are going on in the US, whilst reality TV shows seem to be coming more 'popular' here, you have hundreds more over there, most of which are shit like Average Joe that almost always ends with someone's life getting ruined.

I know what you said was light-hearted, but if anyone has an obsession with reality TV its got to be you guys.

NEXT TIME ON AVERAGE JOE, WILL STEVIE THE COMPUTER GEEK CONFESS HIS LOVE TO AMANDA THE BEACH BABE? OR WILL ONE OF THE 3 MR AMERICA HUNKS STEAL HER HEART? ALL THIS AND MORE, NEXT TIME ON AVERAGE JOE!

*CUE CREDITS*

AFTER THE BREAK, WE HAVE ALL NEW EPISODES OF JOE MILLIONAIRE~!

Because Everybody Loves Raymond has been on for almost ten years.  Desperate Housewives is what?  A mid-season replacement that's been on for 13 episodes and they have the balls to wonder why the network hasn't sent them a Porsche?  The ratings could tank next season and they're already demanding more cash... it's a little over the top.