Carling Festival 2005

Guest KoRnCHiLD

Guest KoRnCHiLD

Said by one of the festival planners:

''Hiya. This is how it's shaping up. It's not final by any means, more speculation based on speaking to the individual bands and asking them their plans for the summer''

Reading (August 26-28)

Foo Fighters,

Iron Maiden,

QOTSA,

Pixies,

Kasabian,

Bloc Party,

Velvet Revolver,

Muse,

Hot Hot Heat,

The Bravery,

Killing Joke,

Kaiser Chiefs,

Mars Volta,

Babyshambles,

Elbow.

Maiden!!! HELL YEAH! I hope they do play, soooo many good bands. After going to Leeds last year, we decided to camp at Reading this year so I cant wait!

Taken from http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=34777

Edited by KoRnCHiLD

Great an indie fest. I hope the concrete jungle has some decent punk bands over there, and the dance tent provides some decent electronic and hip hop acts. Last year concrete jungle was like shitty generic emo central.

Muse, QOTSA, Killing Joke and Foo Fighters get a thumbs up though.

Great an indie fest. I hope the concrete jungle has some decent punk bands over there, and the dance tent provides some decent electronic and hip hop acts. Last year concrete jungle was like shitty generic emo central.

Muse, QOTSA, Killing Joke and Foo Fighters get a thumbs up though.

Last years Concrete Jungle was full of shite bands, apart from DEP and Avenged Sevenfold...yet I managed to miss both of them :crying:

I went last year, doubt i'll go this year however. The beginning lineup, looks strong. I've already seen Maiden however at a festival is would be awesome too. Saw VR recently and they were awesome, 1 massive mosh pit it was awesome.

Flogging Molly were pretty decent in the Concrete Jungle, but that was about the whole of it.

Argh, Flogging Molly has SO much energy live, even if you don't like their music you have to sit there and listen. I missed my chance at the Warped Tour this past year, and one of my friends father's got into a long winded conversation with the members and kept in contact with them.

Pixies and Foo Fighters are the best 'main' bands. The rest of the headliners are just stodge: Velvet Revolver, Iron Maiden, QOTSA, Muse.

However, the support is mostly good -- Bloc Party and Mars Volta are both very good and I think Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs and Babyshambles (with their grand total of two songs) would be worth seeing. I've seen Elbow live before (supporting Muse) and they're actually pretty good if a little...laid back (their big, fat lead singer sits in a big chair) and bland. Don't know much about Killing Joke, Hot Hot Heat or the Bravery.

This looks like a 'maybe', but I'd definately go if maybe QOTSA, Maiden or Revolver dropped out and they added a good headline band (I dunno...Franz, Snow Patrol...uh...) to replace them.

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit

I tend not to make a big decision on it til I see a fuller line-up, but its a promising start. Like Inferno I've missed the last two years and I want to see the new Leeds site, its always a class festival so I can definitely see me going.

Foo Fighters,

Iron Maiden,

QOTSA,

Pixies,

Kasabian,

Bloc Party,

Velvet Revolver,

Muse,

Hot Hot Heat,

The Bravery,

Killing Joke,

Kaiser Chiefs,

Mars Volta,

Babyshambles,

Elbow.

To be honest, I find it hard to see how a line-up with Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden, The Pixies, Muse, Velvet Revolver and The Mars Volta could be "meh" or not very good, but thats my opinion. The rest are ok I guess, but should offer good support for the 5 or 6 main bands.

Foo Fighters, MEH

Iron Maiden, DON'T LIKE

QOTSA, DON'T LIKE

Pixies, GREAT

Kasabian, PRETTY GOOD

Bloc Party, EH?

Velvet Revolver, EH?

Muse, GREAT!

Hot Hot Heat, EH?

The Bravery, AMAZING! THESE GUYS ARE FANTASTIC!

Killing Joke, MEH

Kaiser Chiefs, EH?

Mars Volta, MEH

Babyshambles, EH?

Elbow. OK

Guest Ringmaster

CSAMH, check out Hot Hot Heat, I'm pretty sure they're your sort of thing, pseudo-dancish rock. And Bloc Party is allegedly a mixture of The Cure and Bjork, although I don't feel that way at all.

Foo Fighters - Not a huge fan, but could be good to see live

Iron Maiden - Awesome live band, should pull in a good audience, as well as a large amount of teeny metallers

QOTSA - Meh...could go and see them if nothing else is on

Pixies - Sheer awesomeness, of course

Kasabian - Pretty good, wouldn't mind seeing

Bloc Party - Not bad at all, again wouldn't mind seeing

Velvet Revolver - I'm a G'n'R mark at heart, so I would probably go and see them

Muse - I'm pretty indifferent towards them, they're my brother's favourite band, though. Judging on what I've seen so far they put on a great live show, but I dunno if I'd enjoy them that much

Hot Hot Heat - Great fun band, I imagine they'd be awesome to see live

The Bravery - Can't say I know anything about them...

Killing Joke - Were my favourite band a couple of years back, so I'd love to see them live

Kaiser Chiefs - I've never heard their stuff, but I've heard good things about them so another possibility to watch if nothing else was on

Mars Volta - Awesomeosity. Definitely one of the main selling points of this list for me

Babyshambles - Definitely THE selling point for me, even above The Mars Volta, The Pixies and Killing Joke, Babyshambles are probably one of my favourite bands right now

Elbow - Meh. Unless they threw in their cover of Independent Woman or Teardrop, then nah.