Takeshi's Castle?

apsham

Guest The Real Deal

I think I may have caught an episode of that a few weeks ago.

Is it all about challanges?

Some Japanese people had to go up a mountain whilst boulders came down..

That's the one I saw but it may not be that =/

My sister and I looked it up when we were going through an MXC phase.

Apparently, IIRC, the story was that you're trying to take over Takeshi's Castle. I forget the names, but one of the guys (not Guy) was this General-type character leading his troops (the contenstants) to get in.

There's a good fansite here, I'm sure there's probably more:

http://www.count-takeshi.tk/

But the basic premise of the show is that 100 people begin each episode and then they go through a series of games that eventually whittle them down to the last remaining few (usually not more than 10, even that's quite high). They then do the Final Showdown where they try to eliminate the Emerald Guard and Count Takeshi and by doing so, can storm Takeshi's Castle and win the show. It's a brilliant show, and seeing someone get smacked in the face with a ball travelling 100mph never gets boring.

I could go into more detail, but I'd only end up explaining it poorly, I think there's a good explanation on the above site.

EDIT: Just to add - in the Final Showdown, the contestants all get into things resembling dodgem cars and either have lasers to hit the sensors on the enemy dodgems (like laser tag) or a water cannon, where every dodgem has a paper ring on the front - if the ring is pierced, you're eliminated.

Edited by Scott McFly

Takeshi's Castle has to be the craziest, weirdest and best games show ever.

It is pure genius.

My favourite event though is still the classic when they have to run through the doors, some broke open, others didn't, some did but have a net directly behind them. It was better when each person did it individually, now they do it at the same time which kind of ruins it. There is nothing funnier than seeing someone run as fast as they can towards a wooden door only for it to not break and they just smash into it, classic stuff.

EDIT: Just to add - in the Final Showdown, the contestants all get into things resembling dodgem cars and either have lasers to hit the sensors on the enemy dodgems (like laser tag) or a water cannon, where every dodgem has a paper ring on the front - if the ring is pierced, you're eliminated.

My favourites:

Wipeout is the one where they're on the surfboard and they have to hop over the stuff. That's usually good for some laughs.

Stepping Stones is self explanatory. I really want to know how many teeth and how much blood is in the pond.

The American Football one is usually pretty funny as well. I think it's called Touchdown.

My other favourite is Knock, knock, where they run through the doors, but not all of them open. sheer hilarity.

Has anyone ever seen the event that looks similar to the high rollers, but not quite? Its only been on a few times, but its effectively one roller sat on a steel rail at each end sloping downwards. The roller gets pushed and they somehow have to run on top of it, I've never seen it completed its that bad.

I watch this show regularly on Challenge TV in the UK. It's bloody hilarious, made even funnier by Craig Charles' voice-overs.

What's the game called where they are all hands and they have to land on a target? That's the best game.

Edited by TEWObsession