Takeshi's Castle?

apsham

Has anyone ever seen the event that looks similar to the high rollers, but not quite? Its only been on a few times, but its effectively one roller sat on a steel rail at each end sloping downwards. The roller gets pushed and they somehow have to run on top of it, I've never seen it completed its that bad.

Can't say i'm an avid watcher of it but when I have seen it it's been funny. One game I liked other then those mentioned was where they had to pole vault onto a small platform in some water. One women tried and she just slid straight down the pole into the water. :D

The other good thing about this show is the slighty ineuendoish premisce of the final round. Trying to protect their rings from penetration. Sounds like prison.

Count Takeshi is played by Takeshi Kitano who is a huge comic actor in Japan. He's also a major film director and actor and directed Hanai-Bi, Brother, Zatoichi, Sonatine and other films. He starred in each of those and was also the big bad teacher in Battle Royale.

So now you know.

No no, i'm talkin about the Most Extreme Elimination Challenge... in case people don't know what it is, basically they take the show but dub voices over ir. Count Takeshi's name is changed to Vic Ramono\Kenny Blankenchief, whichever one and him and the other guy act as announcers.

The 100 people are seperated into teams, even though they aren't really there. The people dubbing make up names and funny professions for the people based on the team they're one, (ie. Fashion vs. Church) there's a field announcer, Guy Le Douche, and they rename the games and stuff.

Sometime the comedy is juvenille, but it's still a good show:

GuyLeDouche.jpg

a0000281_122521.jpg

Guest Cashmiesta

My favourite is all off them. I like the one with the boulders cos on Saturday this one dude stood infront off one which got wedged and another came down, the chap dodged the first but kept rolling down the hill to get away from the second which sandwiched him lol.

EDIT: Just to add - in the Final Showdown, the contestants all get into things resembling dodgem cars and either have lasers to hit the sensors on the enemy dodgems (like laser tag) or a water cannon, where every dodgem has a paper ring on the front - if the ring is pierced, you're eliminated.

And as a sweet little touch, nobody has actually ever won the final showdown yet. Pure genius.

Awesomeness, they made a Takeshi game for the NES, may need to check into this.

Haven't watched Takeshi's Castle in quite a while, but it is really good. Takeshi Mania started couple years ago in the UK when they first started to air it on Challenge.

Since Takeshi though, Challenge decided that Japan stuff brings in viewers, so now they started to bring a load of Japanese shows onto Challenge like Sushi TV... unfortunatly they don't measure up to the goldness of Takeshi.

Anyone seen the episode where Craig Charles is raving about one guy all the way through, who he names 'Mr Technique'? He had to be the best contestant EVER!

Count Takeshi is played by Takeshi Kitano who is a huge comic actor in Japan. He's also a major film director and actor and directed Hanai-Bi, Brother, Zatoichi, Sonatine and other films. He starred in each of those and was also the big bad teacher in Battle Royale.

So now you know.