Boro open talks with Patrick Kluivert

FLiam

BORO OPEN TALKS WITH KLUIVERT

Middlesbrough have opened talks with Dutch striker Patrick Kluivert after he was released by Barcelona.

Boro's chief executive Keith Lamb has admitted the Teessiders are in the early stages of negotiations, saying: "We do have interest in him but any potential deal is at an early stage.

"We've made it well known that we are in the hunt for quality strikers and Kluivert falls into that bracket."

If he is on a free, Wenger better rush in and take him. Kluivert and Boro?!?!??!?!

Edited by Gooner4Life

Kluivert is VERY over-rated, one of the most over-rated players in the world today. I watch all the Spanish games I can on Sky Sports and whenever I see Kluivert I feel sorry for him because he's shite now. His control is poor, his communication is weak, he has no pace to speak of and his finishing is sub-par. If Boro want him, let them have him.

I like the thourght of Kluivert coming to Arsenal, but i honestly think we have enough players up front without adding him to a masssive wage bill.

It would be a great signing for Middlesbrough but i think a team of higher reputation will snap him up before he signs for Borough.

I have always wanted Kluivert to join us, it would be a fantaqstic addition. I doubt he will now since van Persie and Reyes are here now, so we don't really need him anymore.

I woild love to see him in the premiership though, maybe for Bolton.

Kluivert is VERY over-rated, one of the most over-rated players in the world today. I watch all the Spanish games I can on Sky Sports and whenever I see Kluivert I feel sorry for him because he's shite now. His control is poor, his communication is weak, he has no pace to speak of and his finishing is sub-par. If Boro want him, let them have him.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Boro fans better not get their hopes up on Kluivert. I doubt Steve McClaren will be able to get the best out of him.

Guest Blads

Kluivert could go either one of two ways for Boro, he could settle straight into the team and score a bucket load of goals, or like so many foreigners before him, will come over here, complain about the wheather and slowly disappear of to somewhere warmer.

It's a huge gamble on Boro's part, but it's good to see the lesser Prem teams buying the big players, makes for a much better league.

IMO, he'd have been a good signing for a top Premiership club a few seasons ago. Now though, he's a huge gamble, especially with the high wages he is sure to demand.

Plus the fact that he has been going downhill for Barca.

As a Bolton supporter, I am excited about the prospect of Rivaldo @ Bolton, but I am fed up with waiting. Rivaldo shouldn't have taken this long in the first place. If he doesn't join us, I will be pretty angry...unless Bolton then try to go after Kluivert :P

EDIT: Getting back on topic a bit...if Boro can sign Kluivert, it would be one of the biggest steals in awhile. Kluivert is a world class player who makes any team instantly better.

Edited by Magus978

I think Kluivert is highly over-rated, he wasn't bad at Ajax, but as soon as he hit the big leagues in Serie A... he sucked. I guess you can't dispute the goals he scored in Spain though, but it isn't exactly the hardest league to score in. Most matches average around 3 goals there.

I heard Kluivert is demanding around 90k a week.