Guns N' Roses

Guest Wrestling_Man

Will they put out a new album this year?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Will they put out a new album this year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care about them.

It's been rumored for over five years now that the album will come out "this year." And I don't mean it's been rumored since 2000 that it's coming out in 2005, I mean every year they say it's going to come out that year. It never does, and it probably never will. Axl's too busy trying to keep his face from falling off.

I've been a G'n'R fan since I was 9 years old. I fondly remember getting Appetite for Destruction days after it came out.

I followed that up by getting Lies the day it came out, and both Use Your Illusions the day they came out.

Hell, I even bought the Spaghetti Incident!!

I was never lucky enough to see them live though.

I remember first hearing about Chinese Democracy sometime in 98 or 99, and I was excited.

Then it never came...and every damn year since then I've heard of it's imminent release.

If it comes out (which I doubt, thus my vote of NO) I will buy it.

But the fact still remains, Axl needs to get his head out of his ass, aplogize to Slash and Duff....and get the real band back together.

I'm willing to give Axl and new Guns a try....but nothing will ever top the original.

Personally, I don't think we'll see Chinese Democracy in Axl's lifetime. I can only imagine it seeing the light of day as a posthumous release, Axl's too obsessed with it being perfect to even release it. Regardless of what happens, when it comes out, we'll be disappointed. Nothing can possibly live up to the hype.

Hell, we'll probably have Chinese democracy before Chinese Democracy >_>

It won't come out, and even if it did, it wouldn't really be a Guns N' Roses album since Axle is the only original band member left.

I find this logic a little hard to follow....technically the name "Guns & Roses" refers to Tracii Gunns & Axl Rose, not the band that recorded Appetite For Destruction. Also, Use Your Illusion had a different line-up to the one that recorded AFD...does that mean they shouldn't have recorded the album under the "Guns & Roses" name?

Lemmy is the only remaining member of the original line-up of Motörhead...should he stop using the name Motörhead?

At what point do a band stop being "themselves"? If a band splits up and one member goes off and records an album under the old band's name, then fair enough, be angry at them for using it. But in cases like Motörhead and, as far as I recall, Guns 'n' Roses, it was a gradual line-up change, not everyone leaving at once, so should there be a line drawn in the sand, so that when Axl reaches that point he should stop and think "We're not GNR any more"?

I really hope this is true. But I like many many others have been hearing this same thing for over 10 years now. How many freaking "rumored" release dates does this album have? I can remember hearing: Early 95, Summer 96, Fall 97, Middle of 99, Summer 2001, Fall 2002, Nov. 2004, and now 2005.

Somehow the only way I really think we will ever see this album is if Axl dies and they release it posthumous (like they did with all that Jimi Hendrix material)

I couldn't care less if GnR ever releases another album....unless its a REAL GnR album, instead of just Axl with a bunch of musicians whose names I don't even know.

As far as I'm concerned, Velvet Revolver is a good successor to Guns N Roses, while Axl's group might as well be called either The Axl Rose Band or Axl And A Bunch Of Nobodies.

I couldn't care less if GnR ever releases another album....unless its a REAL GnR album, instead of just Axl with a bunch of musicians whose names I don't even know.

As far as I'm concerned, Velvet Revolver is a good successor to Guns N Roses, while Axl's group might as well be called either The Axl Rose Band or Axl And A Bunch Of Nobodies.