Joey Channel 5 8pm

K

"They're right. TV IS dumbing down"

That's a poster I've seen in Birmingham.

I watched both last night and decided that his sister looked very nice for about 3 minutes at one stage.

It had possible promise but didn't really deliver.

The whole stuff about the numbers game with everyone being rated out of 10 and being able to go 2 points up or down in regards to hitting on people was funny and very well realised as it's pretty true to life.

Overall so far, 5.5/10.

Well, I enjoyed that far more than I expected. I always enjoyed Friends (never my favourite, but I always watched it and enjoyed it), but I felt that died off a LOT during its last series. I was expecting Joey to continue in the same vein, but it didn't, I found it to be very funny, if nothing mind-blowing. I do think it could be a bit limited in how funny it can get, and it may well tail off (possibly horribly), but I found those two episodes to be very enjoyable, and I'll certainly tune in next week. If it continues like that for the series, it should become a funny, very enjoyable comedy, that will be a certain 'Well above average, always try and see' comedy but probably not an amazing show.

Before watching I was sceptical about how good this show would be but I enjoyed it. I was intruiged at the placement of his TV though for some reason. Just seemed odd that it was placed below eye level. Meh.

Joey is repeated tonight on 5 at some point past 11pm for all those who might have missed it or want to see it again.

Who plays his nephew? I know who he is but I can't put a name to him. What else has been in, it's pissing me off. I too liked the Cubing and Speed Cubing bits, this is pretty good. Better than some of the Friends episodes i've seen.

His sister is Adriana from The Sopranos

Paulo Costanzo plays his nephew. He was Rubin in Road Trip.

And Ax in the Animorphs TV series...

What? :shifty: