Mondesi Joins Angels

MSC

I just saw on Baseball Tonight that Raul Mondesi has joined the Anaheim Angels. They didn't say how he got there, but did mention the situation with the Pirates from earlier in the year.

Anyway, this gives the Angels quite possibly the best fielding outfield in the majors with Vlad, Mondesi, and Guillen. Thoughts?

Guest Xecution

Wait....wasn't he the one that said he had major personal issues and wanted to take the season off?

If so very very very sneaky and clever on his part.

Bullshit that he can just leave the Pirates and go to another team.  But, whatever works I guess.  I don't care for him anymore.

Actually the Pirates terminated his contract not too long ago, so he can sign with anothet team. personally though, I always thought Raul was over rated.

I just saw on Baseball Tonight that Raul Mondesi has joined the Anaheim Angels.  They didn't say how he got there, but did mention the situation with the Pirates from earlier in the year.

Anyway, this gives the Angels quite possibly the best fielding outfield in the majors with Vlad, Mondesi, and Guillen.  Thoughts?

Yeah, I have a thought ... why didn't you mention Anderson ? :P

Mondesi is good. This move helps them quite a bit.

Damn, Vlad AND Mondesi's arms in the OF .....

When I first heard about this, on Monday I think... I was ticked off... he said he needed/wanted to take a year off, and then Pittsburgh released him and now he is signing and probably will play for Anaheim this season. Either way, I hope he somehow breaks his legs, and maybe Vlad's to just to screw the Angels over.

I don't hate the Angels, I just hate bastards.

As an Angels fan I'd be more then happy if the Angels hadn't signed him. I've always hated him. The only reason they got him was so they could move Figgins in to 3B. Once the big boys are back......Mondesi will be nothing more then a pinch hitter......or heck even traded by the deadline.

As an Angels fan I'd be more then happy if the Angels hadn't signed him. I've always hated him. The only reason they got him was so they could move Figgins in to 3B. Once the big boys are back......Mondesi will be nothing more then a pinch hitter......or heck even traded by the deadline.

and for an ironic twist, to the Pirates.