NHL Season may be saved

TGO

We all agree, (well most of us anyway) that some hockey is better than no hockey. If it's 28 games then that is like half of a half of season. I would understand that if like it was 10 games because that would just be ridcolus but atleast with 28 games you can lose a couple but your still in it. Unless you go to whole season "0-28".

but first lets get the deal done. I'm really hoping that this lockout will end.

Guest Mike Dude

We all agree, (well most of us anyway) that some hockey is better than no hockey. If it's 28 games then that is like half of a half of season. I would understand that if like it was 10 games because that would just be ridcolus but atleast with 28 games you can lose a couple but your still in it. Unless you go to whole season "0-28".

but first lets get the deal done. I'm really hoping that this lockout will end.

Guest Mike Dude

Hahaaa make sweet sweet love to me honey bear naiwf!!!

I want to thank naiwf and sweet sweet Mary Jane for once again bringing me back with some hope. naiwf clears shit up for silly old me which was MJ's doing. ;) God bless you both. :wub:

Guest Mike Dude

It's sad I kinda new all along since the weekend deadline thing that it's over, specially after the announcement....but everytime any single little sheer of hope or sign showed up I burst which such optimism...I feel I've been screwed by the NHL man....dude this blows.

You guys, if you're Canadian, can watch the SEL and SM-L on Sportsnet, the ECHL on TSN, and the AHL on both of the above, so it's not like you're deprived.

American hockey fans I can feel for, but the rest of you just need to learn some Sweedish for the commentary.

You guys, if you're Canadian, can watch the SEL and SM-L on Sportsnet, the ECHL on TSN, and the AHL on both of the above, so it's not like you're deprived.

American hockey fans I can feel for, but the rest of you just need to learn some Sweedish for the commentary.

Yeah, really, the British fans mostly lose out IMO, as there is no other Hockey on TV apart from the NHL.

Now, if the UK just started showing some British stuff (like they used to) on Grandstand, maybe the UK Hockey scene could be bigger than it is now.

Your TV doesn't cover the BISL? So you are Belak deprived as well?

Damn.

Anyway bug your cable provider to add the NHL network. It seems pointless without an NHL but they cover the EHSL and the AHL, so it's worth it if you really want hockey.

Bitch at someone until they cover the BISL then.

No league has benefited from the lockout like the BISL.

Well, apaprently a lot of people have got at the BBC for not covering it, but what can a small minority do?

You can do lots of things. Petition. Call advertisers. Compare it to football. Build pipe bombs. There are a lot of options.

Guest Mike Dude

No matter what you do don't get the NHL Network, it's a waste of money, sometimes they play good old games, but it's all really old shit,really old stuff, I mean they barely covered anything related to the lockout (I know thats good for some) but I kinda find it unreliable for that hockey fix.

British Eurosport covers the BISL, but they very rarely show it, which sucks.

NASN in the UK is also showing AHL, EHL and college hockey. You need cable/sky digital for NASN though.

I think with the complete lack of decent sports to cover on Grandstand, the BBC should be looking at what is essentially niche stuff like ice hockey. I mean, they occasionally cover British basketball, why not ice hockey?

Edited by dragon27