2005 MLB Thread

Cole

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Braves bull pen is going to to it, Smoltz and Hudson are constantly putting up good games.  Piazza and Beltran might be good hitters but the Braves have a couple of big power hitters, J.Estrada is a big guy and if given the right pitch could slam it out of the park.  They also have A.Jones who can step up and be a great player.  I stand by my opinion that the Braves will take this division.  I see them going to the NLCS before getting knocked out of the playoffs.

Guest Wrestling_Man

I wouldn't be surprised if the final week of the season and all five teams in the NL East were still fighting for the division. It could come down to there hitting, the pitching and the trades made, if any.

The whole AL East is shaky to me at this point. The Braves can't stay healthy. The Mets nor Phillies can be consistent. The Nationals' bullpen will come back down to Earth. And the Marlins just can't score. This is anyone's division but my pick right now would still have to be the team sitting in last right now, the Florida Marlins. Willis, Burnett, Beckett, Moehler, and Leiter are a solid rotation and if the bats can just get themselves back on track this team will be a force to reckoned with. All the teams though have their weaknesses and are battling injuries so it will be a good race for the division crown until the very end.

All I know is that is was on NESN, the local sports station here in New England and shit was that a beatdown. When Todd Hollandsworth and Greg Maddux hit home runs in the same game I think that equals victory. And also the fact that I think everybody 1-9 in the starting lineup got a hit usually is a good recipe for success. And in closing the award for most unindpired performance in a sad attempt to end a blowout game goes to............CLIFF BARTOSH!

Guest Wrestling_Man

I wouldn't be surprised if the final week of the season and all five teams in the NL East were still fighting for the division.  It could come down to there hitting, the pitching and the trades made, if any.[/b[

you really make John Sterling and Charlie Steiner look insightful. Way to state the obvious.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final week of the season and all five teams in the NL East were still fighting for the division.  It could come down to there hitting, the pitching and the trades made, if any.[/b[

you really make John Sterling and Charlie Steiner look insightful. Way to state the obvious.

The Rangers need to get Roger Clemens. I doubt the Astros would trade him, but they are going nowhere this year and Clemens said he would play for Texas. If the Rangers got him, they would have the two best E.R.A. pitchers in the league [Kenny Rogers and Roger Clemens]. Too bad their bullpen would still lose their games for them.

The Rangers need to get Roger Clemens.  I doubt the Astros would trade him, but they are going nowhere this year and Clemens said he would play for Texas.  If the Rangers got him, they would have the two best E.R.A. pitchers in the league [Kenny Rogers and Roger Clemens].  Too bad their bullpen would still lose their games for them.

I never knew that, hopefully his son has some talent...

Be kinda like Griffey and Griffey Jr. except there more connected being Pitcher/Catcher....

Unfortunatley, Clemens will retired well before his son comes to the majors.

The Dodgers just got swept by the Royals. Needless to say that is embarassing but hey the two teams in front of them in the division got swept by the Indians and the Tigers so no ground was lost in the division race. I'd just like to say to Derek Lowe, every time someone commits an error behind you, you don't need to implode and give up a ton of runs. Seriously you've been doing it for about 4 years now. And Jeff Weaver has officially been placed on my shit list.