2005 MLB Thread

Cole

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All I know is that the only bad pitcher I saw from the Royals that entire series was Jeremy Affeldt. I think that given any decent amount of run support Zach Greinke will be a solid #2 starter in the MLB and the kid Burgos in the pen has just nasty stuff. Too bad they're the Royals and those guys will probably be on other teams by 2007.

Wow the Indians are really tearing it up in interleague play and just in general right now. They are 11-2 in interleague play and have now won 8 in a row and looking for the sweep tommorrow against the Diamondbacks. Grady Sizemore has really turned it on lately he is batting atleast over .400 for June and has had alot of big hits. The Bullpen has been unstoppable leading the league in ERA and the Pitching Staff as a whole is 2nd. I wouldnt have believe that the Pitching staff would be doing better then the lineup at the beginning of the year. Now that they are starting to hit things are starting to turn around.

Wow the Indians are really tearing it up in interleague play and just in general right now.  They are 11-2 in interleague play and have now won 8 in a row and looking for the sweep tommorrow against the Diamondbacks.  Grady Sizemore has really turned it on lately he is batting atleast over .400 for June and has had alot of big hits.  The Bullpen has been unstoppable leading the league in ERA and the Pitching Staff as a whole is 2nd.  I wouldnt have believe that the Pitching staff would be doing better then the lineup at the beginning of the year.  Now that they are starting to hit things are starting to turn around.

Well they were able to to win again. And again they gave Westbrook little run support but it was just enough, they won 3-2. Wickman now has 20 saves to lead the AL too. I hope they get atleast 1 guy if not 2 guys from the bullpen to go to the All star game even though I doubt 2 bullpen guys will go. Arthur Rhodes has under a 1.00 ERA so he is doing real well too. Next up is probaly the toughest test they have had recently in the Red Sox, see how it goes though.

This Dodgers team finds new ways to play with my emotions every game. They've all developed Derek Lowe syndrome. And by they I mean the entire pitching staff. Every time a call goes against them or someone makes an error, at least two runs have to come in. It's almost a guarantee at this point. It's sad now that the guy that scares me the least when he comes out of the bullpen is the guy that used to scare me the most, Giovanni Carrara. At least the rest of the division keeps losing for the most part.

And on a second mini-rant, Jeff Weaver sucks. Thank you.

And the "I really don't care anymore" award for this week goes to Lou Piniella:

The Yankees scored a pair of runs in the eighth against Franklin Nunez, sparking the comeback. Tampa Bay brought in Travis Harper, who allowed an RBI double by Hideki Matsui, then intentionally walked Jason Giambi to load the bases for Williams.

With the crowd of 40,241 chanting "Bernie! Bernie!" in unison, Williams roped the first pitch over the head of Hollins in center field, clearing the bases to give New York a 12-11 lead.

That's when the fun really began.

Posada followed with a two-run homer, and after Jeter and Ruben Sierra singled, Sheffield drilled a three-run shot, his second of the game.

A-Rod and Matsui followed with solo shots, giving the Yankees back-to-back-to-back home runs off Harper, who was charged with nine runs in the frame.

The Yankees scored a pair of runs in the eighth against Franklin Nunez, sparking the comeback. Tampa Bay brought in Travis Harper, who allowed an RBI double by Hideki Matsui, then intentionally walked Jason Giambi to load the bases for Williams.

With the crowd of 40,241 chanting "Bernie! Bernie!" in unison, Williams roped the first pitch over the head of Hollins in center field, clearing the bases to give New York a 12-11 lead.

Posada followed with a two-run homer, and after Jeter and Ruben Sierra singled, Sheffield drilled a three-run shot, his second of the game.

A-Rod and Matsui followed with solo shots, giving the Yankees back-to-back-to-back home runs off Harper, who was charged with nine runs in the frame.

You would think after an RBI double, an intentional walk, and a 3-run hit by Bernie, it'd be time for a new pitcher. REALLY might want to go to the bullpen after Posada hits a 2-run shot...but you leave him in even when the next two batters hit singles? If you don't want to manage, fine, but sheesh, don't let the kid get murdered out there.

You would think after an RBI double, an intentional walk, and a 3-run hit by Bernie, it'd be time for a new pitcher. REALLY might want to go to the bullpen after Posada hits a 2-run shot...but you leave him in even when the next two batters hit singles? If you don't want to manage, fine, but sheesh, don't let the kid get murdered out there.

You don't have to use the entire bullpen, but seriously, would it have made the team any worse if they tried somebody else? I'm pretty sure Piniella himself could have gotten out of the inning without allowing 9 runs...