NCAA Tourney Pick'em

sahyder1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tied for 2nd...

5/8 in the Chicago bracket. Alabama losing was un-expected to me...I also took Texas and they didn't fair well and then I had St. Mary's over South. Ill.

6/7 in Albuquerque so far with Geo. Tech and George Washington still having to play. Got the Pitt. game wrong..had them winning in the first and second round...leaving me with 15 of my Sweet 16 teams left.

5/7 in Syracuse with Kansas and Bucknell still to play. got Iowa St. and N.C State winning wrong.

5/6 in Austin with Syracuse losing wrong..I had them going to the Sweet 16 too so that leaves me with 14 Sweet 16 teams left. Stanford and Miss. St. and Mich. St. and Old Dominion are playing right now.

I'm watching whatevers on CBS. I think right now I can come through and take the lead (Only down by 1 right now)

Still kinda surprised Delaware State held up as long as they did against Duke. One of these days...

Sucks to see Da Cuse lose, but they didn't deserve the win. Hell of a game though. (I probably would have had them insofar as the Elite Eight at the bare minimum; good thing I missed the pick-date)

Great day for college basketball all around.

Guest Brady_3for3

Buck*FUCKING*nell is 2.4 seconds away from scoring the biggest upset of the tournament with a 64-63 lead over the ROCK,CHALK,JAYHAWK. Fuck, one of my Elite 8's too.

And...............

Kansas came *this* close to winning. Bill Self is hating it.

The Austin Bracket was VERY kind to me...only game I missed was picking Niagara to pull the upset on OU...and yes, I called Vermont, thank yee.

Damn disappointed that I didn't pull my usual "underrate Kansas" routine, as I got burned so many times picking them for Final Fours and seeing them bomb in the second round...I at least figured they could handle Bucknell. Yeesh.

Only four out of my Sweet 16 are gone thus far...about average for me after one round. Four or five more will probably drop this weekend. :angry:

Fuck, the Cuse lost. Not only did I have them going to the National title game, but they're my team. The only teams I care about now are Duke, GT, and Cincinnati, since those are the teams I cheer for every year anyways (but mainly Syracuse).

That was quite an opening round. Pretty much all the big underdog teams (except for a few) were hanging tough with the tourney heavyweights.

After last night I'm 21 and 11. Meh. 7 and 1 in Albuquerque, 5 and 3 in Chicago, 5 and 3 in Syracuse, and got raped in the Austin region going 4 and 4.

So far in my bracket two Sweet 16 teams are gone (Niagara and LSU), one Elite 8 is gone (Kansas), and one National Championship finalist gone (Syracuse).

In my bracket today...

Albuquerque Region

Gonzaga over Texas Tech

Pacific over Washington

Wake Forest over WV (In my bracket I had Wake over Creighton)

Austin Region

OU vs. Utah - Didn't pick OU or Utah to make it past the first round

Cincinnati over Kentucky (the game I'm anticipating the most)

Chicago Region

BC over UWM (I had BC over Alabama)

Illinois over Nevada

Arizona vs. UAB - I had LSU, who UAB beat, going over Arizona in the second round

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

I wish I had gone with West Virginia..I had a pretty good feeling about them too. But the past two days have shown exactly why March Madness is so great. Here's to more of the same tomorrow (except in the Duke game...GO DUKE...and the Louisville game too because I have them in the final four)

Guest Locutus of Borg

Now that my brackets are royally fucked, I have vowed to never, and I mean NEVER, change my brackets out of the first draft. The revisions I made and henceforth finalized my bracket: changing from Texas Tech over 'Zaga, going from having West Virginia over Wake to Creighton beating WVU and losing to Wake, and changing from Bucknell to Kansas.

I guess it took Cinderella a few days to find the right slipper.

Well, I got raped today. Whatever, tonight was awesome. Amazing double header in BC vs. UMW then Wake Forest vs. West Virginia. One game brought pure intesity like none other I've seen in the tourney thus far, the other had drama and emotion through the roof, both were extremely entertaining. My brackets are fucked, two Final Four teams gone, at least four Elite 8 teams gone. Meh, if the games are as fantastic as they were tonight, I'm not complaining. That was just a great double header of college hoops.

I'm pissed Wake lost, some bad offensive fouls called on them at the end, but that's besides the point because they should've had it won in the first place. But I took Tech over Zaga, and Utah over OU. I hate Bruce Pearl and UWM, but it's good for the Horizion leauge that a team from there does well in the tourney. I'm not sure on how my brackets are doing right now, because I don't have any to compare them to. I'm just hoping that I'm not too fucked.

An observation I'd like to share about two of the bigger upsets so far. When Bucknell took down Kansas and West Virginia finished off Wake, you could easily tell within the last minute to two minutes that the upset was going to happen. Granted, WVA's excellent passing and movement in the later stages (as well as Bucknell's sheer luck...Kansas should have nabbed at least two more steals off errant passes in the last 90 seconds) didn't hurt the matter, but it seems some of the higher seeds are too afraid of losing, so when their opponents get ahead, they immediately seem to throw in the towel.

That said, great night of hoops. And to top it off, the Wreck is still Ramblin'. Booyah!

Edited by The

• 3 weeks later...