Tarentino may direct new Friday the 13th

Pepsi

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Quentin Tarantino is considering writing and directing a new installment in the long-running "Friday the 13th" horror film series.

Tarantino is in early talks with New Line Cinema, where he is scheduled to meet with executives this week.

The original "Friday," released in 1980 and featuring the hockey-masked killer Jason Voorhees, spawned a series of sequels, including the 2003 hit "Freddy vs. Jason," in which Jason squared off against Freddy Krueger from the "Nightmare on Elm Street" series.

New Line tried to make a sequel to "Freddy vs. Jason" involving the "Evil Dead" character Ash, but it couldn't reach a deal with "Dead" rights holder Sam Raimi.

According to those familiar with the discussions, Tarantino is intrigued with the idea of playing with one of the movie's classic horror villains. If the project does develop, it could be the first film Tarantino directs outside Miramax Films.

The filmmaker, whose credits include "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction," recently signed on to direct the season finale of CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation."

link

I wonder how QT tackles the horror genre. If anyone can give me a scare, it has to be QT. No matter what movie he does or a part of, I'll definently be sitting in the theatre.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I generally don't like QT (I actually like some of his movies) or the stir that his name creates and I generally don't enjoy Horror movies, but in this case I think he could do something really good, blood and guts always score high in horror films, I'd like to see if he could offer a unique take on this.

Edited by muddatrucker

Jason X did suck but what saved it from reaching UWE Boll level of suckiness is the cool death scene in the beginning where he smashed a frozen girls head on the table. Ultimate coolness. Too bad the movie as a whole was horrible. But not Uwe Boll horrible :P

Jason X did suck but what saved it from reaching UWE Boll level of suckiness is the cool death scene in the beginning where he smashed a frozen girls head on the table. Ultimate coolness.  Too bad the movie as a whole was horrible. But not Uwe Boll horrible  :P

Guest acacia

Hopefully he can write the movie. Tarantino's magic is mostly in the great dialogue. I love the horror genre at times (Session 9), and I absolutely love almost everything QT's done (yes even Jackie Brown). So maybe... just maybe...

It'll be shit, end of.

They killed the fucking character when the complete idiots went and made Jason X. That was the worst thing they could have ever done. They need to quit making anymore sequels to Jason/Myers/Freddy if you ask me. They all had there great moments, stop making the characters look bad with the crap they try today.

If that made no sense, then maybe this will. No, I don't wany a new movie that even includes Jason. I don't care if Albert Einstein was producing it, it'd still be crap. They have already slowly made both Halloween and Friday the 13th to look a bit shit thanks to Jason X and Ressurection or however it's spelt, don't make it any worst.