Van Bommel to Barcelona?

I heard something like this because Marc van Bommel (PSV Eindhoven) contract will run out at the end of the season and then we heard on tv that possible Barcelona will offer him a contract.

If they do it will be a smart move I think, he a good aggresive midfielder.

van bommer is a nice midfielder but i don't think he's needed in Barcelona. He would end up playing once in a while as a starter and probably regularly as a backup for injured starters, but i think he would be wasted that way. He's good enough to get a starting place on lots of good teams in Europe. He would do better if he decided to go somewhere else in my opinion.

PSV Eindhoven midfielder Mark van Bommel is set to announce which club he intends to join within a fortnight.

The 27-year-old's contract with PSV expires at the end of the season and will be available on a Bosman deal.

"We're hoping to agree a deal within the next 14 days. We're in the middle of discussions with a few clubs," said the player's agent Rob Jansen.

Last year, Van Bommel said he would like to play for Spurs, adding that he knew manager Martin Jol very well.

Jol also said he was monitoring the situation involving the Dutchman.

"We are enchanted with Van Bommel - he is a midfielder that would fit in my team," the Tottenham boss said in January.

German Bundesliga clubs Schalke and Borussia Dortmund, where his father-in-law and former coach Bert van Marwijk is in charge, have also expressed an interest over the past 12 months.