The 2005 Festivals Thread

Guest Booker T & The MG's

More acts have been confirmed for Download Festival, which takes place on 10th, 11th & 12th June, at Donington Park, Leicestershire.

New for the Main Stage on Friday are Wednesday 13, and Queen Adreena, who join the likes of Feeder, Garbage, Megadeth, and JJ72. Saturday - the Ozzfest day with Black Sabbath, Velvet Revolver, Anthrax, and more - has added A, Mad Capsule Markets, and The Mooney Suzuki.

On the Snickers Stage, the Friday has added InMe, Apocalyptica, Underoath, Lordi, Fozzy, and Flogging Molly, while Sunday added Shadows Fall and Finch to line-up with Motorhead, Lacuna Coil and others

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BABYSHAMBLES and THE OTHERS will head up the just-announced LEFT FIELD at GLASTONBURY this year.

One of the festival’s many smaller stages, the Left Field is organised by Battersea and Wandsworth Trades Union Council and is a centre for social and political campaigns at the festival.

The Friday night (June 24) promises Sonic Audio, The Beat, British Sea Power and The Lovegods.

Saturday night sees urban meet indie in the latest in the series of Love Music Hate Racism shows, and features Babyshambles and The Others alongside Lady Sovereign, Skitz and Rodney P.

And Sunday’s Global Solidarity night is headlined by Billy Bragg, joined by Steve Earle and Alison Mourer.

Geoff Martin, from Battersea and Wandsworth TUC said: “This stunning line-up of talent will have the Left Field buzzing this year. We’ve got a bigger tent, a bigger area and we’re cooking up a programme that will pack the place to the rafters. We’ve also got some very special guests in the pipeline along with a film premiere, campaigning initiatives, a Cuban Fiesta and the infamous Left Field happy hour.”

Added, thanks Viper.

I missed out a stage at Glastonbury for this year which I have just added, the "Croissant Neuf" stage, which gets my award for the best stage name at a festival.

I've noticed the Lollapolooza website is up link, no bands announced as of yet but there is a hint that there will be robots this year, it leads me to think Kraftwerk may well be playing. I thought last year's lineup was great so it should be interesting to see who they do get.

More confirmed for Leeds & Reading:

Alkaline Trio

Turbonergro

Bullet For My Valentine

My Chemical Romance

The Others

Hot Hot Heat

The Kills

Fightstar

The Subways

The Cooper Temple Clause

Willy Mason

The Duke Spirit

Maximo Park

British Sea Power

Maximo Park! If a better band has ever emerged from Billingham I'd like to see it! I'm looking at you The Hayze/The Romance! Booya!

Oh, and British Sea Power, Hot Hot Heat and the Cooper Temple Clause. Excellent.

OASIS, KAISER CHIEFS, NICK CAVE and KASABIAN are among those heading to Spanish shores this summer with the announcement of the year’s BENICASSIM FESTIVAL line-up.

The influential festival takes place between August 4-7 at the seaside resort of Benicassim near Valencia

Lollapalooza 2005 (Chicago, July 23-24):

Pixies

Widespread Panic

Weezer

The Killers

Dinosaur Jr.

Cake

Dashboard Confessional

The Arcade Fire

Billy Idol

Death Cab For Cutie

Digable Planets

Liz Phair

G. Love & Special Sauce

Blonde Redhead

Kasabian

Kaiser Chiefs

The Bravery

Louis XIV

Sound Tribe Sector 9

Z-Trip

Los Amigos Invisibles

M83

The Dandy Warhols

Tegan & Sara

VHS or Beta

Brian Jonestown Massacre

Soulive

Ambulance LTD

Shout Out Louds

Blue Merle

The Warlocks

deSol

World Leader Pretend

The Redwalls

The Changes

And many more. 60 bands, 5 stages, 2 days. $85 for a 2-day pass. Tickets went on sale today.

i´ll most likly go to the hurricane ( http://www.hurricane.de/ ) Festivall, i usualy dislike festivalls but my frinds talked me into this one, and parts of the line up arrent even bad (other parts are, Ramstein, uhg...)

3 Doors Down · Amplifier · And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead · Ashton! · Athlete · Audioslave · Beatsteaks · Beck · Boysetsfire · Brendan Benson · Broken Social Scene · Cake · Die Ärzte · Dinosaur Jr. · Eagles of Death Metal · Fantômas · Feist · Flogging Molly · Kettcar · La Vela Puerca · Madrugada · Madsen · Millencolin · Moneybrother · New Order · Nine Inch Nails · Oasis · Olli Schulz und der Hund Marie · Phoenix · Queens of the Stone Age · Rammstein · Sarah Bettens · SKA-P · Slut · Swosh! · System of a Down · Team Sleep · The Dresden Dolls · The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster · The Stands · Turbonegro · Underoath · Wir Sind Helden ·

no timetable yet, they might ad a few smaler artists later on

New acts confirmed for Werchter

Eagles Of Death Metal

Simple Plan

The Game

Zita Swoon

Jimmy Eat World

The Bravery

Kaiser Cheifs

KT Tunstall

Line up is nearly complete and four day tickets are all sold out.

BRIGHT EYES, THE TEARS and SUPER FURRY ANIMALS have been added to this year’s T IN THE PARK bill.

Super Furry Animals top the bill in the X Tent on Saturday July 9, while The Tears play the same slot on the following day.

The Bravery and The Ordinary Boys and the Eagles Of Death Metal have also joined the Stage 2 line-up.

In the King Tut’s Tent Bright Eyes, Futureheads, Suzanne Vega, Rooster, Sons & Daughters and The Black Velvets have been added.

T In The Park takes place at Balado near Kinross between July 9 and 10, and is sold out.

Tony Christie is the latest act confirmed for V Festival, which takes place at both Hylands Park, Chelmsford and Weston Park, Staffordshire over the weekend of Saturday 20th to Sunday 21st August.

He'll be playing to a festival crowd for the first time, and is looking forwards to it. Which day he'll play at which site isn't yet confirmed, nor is the stage, although we think it very likely he'll be on the V Stage.

COACHELLA ROCKS WITH NIN

California’s COACHELLA FESTIVAL came to a rousing climax last night as NINE INCH NAILS played their first festival performance of the year to a 30,000 strong crowd.

Trent Reznor’s band showcased highlights from new album ‘With Teeth’ alongside classic songs including ‘Head Like A Hole’, ‘Closer’ and ‘Hurt’. The band played for over an hour to a packed crowd, who braved soaring daytime temperatures.

Earlier in the day, the main stage saw a thrilling performance by New Order who entertained festivalgoers with 'Blue Monday' and 'Crystal' alongside Joy Division cuts 'Transmission', 'Atmosphere' and 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'.

Many of the latest wave of British bands who were booked for the event commanded large turnouts including The Futureheads, British Sea Power and Kasabian.

In addition to packed crowds, a host of celebrities including Danny Devito, Dangermouse, Vincent Gallo and cast members from CSI all turned up to watch the various groups.

The Bravery made their festival debut to a bulging crowd in the Mojave tent who remained feverish for the New York quintet despite sound problems following their opening number 'Unconditional'.

Speaking about the outage that affected their instruments frontman Sam Endicott quipped, “the heat just melted our equipment”.

After regaining sound levels, they launched into a cover of U2’s 'Electric Co' followed by singles 'An Honest Mistake' and 'Fearless'.

The evening closed with a main stage set by Mos Def’s hip hop supergroup Black Star who replaced the Cocteau Twins, who cancelled their reformation for the event over a month ago.

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Edgefest 2005 in Toronto...

102.1 the Edge presents Edgefest 2005!

The Canada Day tradition … Friday, July 1st at The Molson Amphitheatre.

Join us for three stages of killer live music!

Tickets are $47.50, $38.50 and $25.50 (lawns) and are on-sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets.

Main Stage

Billy Talent

Alexisonfire

Rise Against

Story of the Year

Coheed and Cambria

Jakalope

Boy

Killradio

Next Big Thing Stage

Social Code

The Junction

The Reason

Out of Your Mouth

The Waking Eyes

Underground Operations Side Stage

Closet Monster

Bombs Over Providence

Hostage Life

Dead Letter Department

The Flatliners

Brat Attack

The majority of the lineup are Canadian bands that most people outside of Canada have never heard of, some of which are pretty fucking good too (Closet Monster is fucking amazing). Whatever, Alexisonfire and Rise Against will probably sell the show alone for me, but they're are a few lesser known bands that I want to check out too if I go.

A host of new bands have been confirmed for this year’s THE CARLING WEEKEND: READING AND LEEDS FESTIVALS.

Death From Above 1979, The Dead 60s and Blood Brothers will now play the NME/Radio 1 Stage in Reading on Friday (August 26) and Leeds on Saturday (27).

On Saturday (27) in Reading and Sunday (28) in Leeds, Juliette & The Licks, Nine Black Alps, The Cribs, The Longcut and Editors.

On the final day in Reading (28) and Friday in Leeds (26), HAL, Sons And Daughters, The Rakes and Art Brut will play the NME/Radio 1 Stage.

A host of new bands have been confirmed for this year’s THE CARLING WEEKEND: READING AND LEEDS FESTIVALS.

Death From Above 1979, The Dead 60s and Blood Brothers will now play the NME/Radio 1 Stage in Reading on Friday (August 26) and Leeds on Saturday (27).

On Saturday (27) in Reading and Sunday (28) in Leeds, Juliette & The Licks, Nine Black Alps, The Cribs, The Longcut and Editors.

On the final day in Reading (28) and Friday in Leeds (26), HAL, Sons And Daughters, The Rakes and Art Brut will play the NME/Radio 1 Stage.

Never heard of any of them...

Keep your eyes on the Jersey Live Festival this year, ladies and gents, it should be televised this time round (the first one, last year, wasn't, but after the success of Razorlight and The Subways, and them plugging the festival, chances are this one will be).

There'll be a selection of top-quality local bands playing, with Kasabian headlining, and Snow Patrol, Kaiser Chiefs, Bloc Party and Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster also rumoured to be playing...I'll post any more information when I get it.