NBA Playoffs Thread

ACCBiggz

Detroit better worry. As you said LA was flat and they're only down 3 even with Detroit's hot start.

EDIT: What's up with the zebras only calling fouls on 'Sheed? Prince and Ben have been getting away with worse all quarter long so far.

Edited by naiwf

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hit Man 3120

Detroit better worry. As you said LA was flat and they're only down 3 even with Detroit's hot start.

Now its 6

EDIT: What's up with the zebras only calling fouls on 'Sheed? Prince and Ben have been getting away with worse all quarter long so far.

Cuz he's black. The refs have always hated 'Sheed

Edited by Hit Man 3120

LA is being exposed since Detroit always hustles. Payton looks like he's walking in quicksand and the LA bench is non existent today. Looks more and more like the Eastern Conference will win its first title since Jordan left in '98.

Let's all take a peek back at a few comments made by a certain select.

This one's from me.

Who wins Game 3? For some reason I'm expecting LA to give one of those lackluster performances we are used to seeing from them and lose in Double Digits.

72-52 certainly looks like double digit to me. And wow this is what someone by the name of naiwf had to say.

LA just ripped the heart out of the Pistons and can bury them mentally in game 3, and you think they'll lose by double digits? There's no arguing logic with you then.

It's amazing how people's opinions change in 2 days. Now what's naiwf saying?

Looks more and more like the Eastern Conference will win its first title since Jordan left in '98.

People are so fickle these days when it comes to sports. I wonder what the rest of the Lakers Diehard have to say.

I didn't think LA would play like shit today. I'm not a diehard fan of theirs, I just don't like the way the Pistons play ball.

I didn't think Detroit was that good since NJ almost beat them with an ailing Kidd, Indiana challenged them with an injured Tinsley & O'Neal. I didn't think LA's bench would vanish, and that Gary Payton would be a total liability on court.

The way LA is playing now Houston, San Antonio and Minnesota should all feel bad for getting eliminated by them. Detroit is playing better than LA but I don't think many people outside of Detroit expected that. Having said that, if LA wins the next game, the series is back on, so who can predict what will happen here. The Lakers are VERY lucky not to be down 3-0.

Well I'm not a psychic or anything, it's just through closely following the NBA Playoffs and getting to see every Lakers game, this was inevitable. I actually believed it was LA who played bad, but it's time for the world including myself to realize that the Pistons defense is stellar. They disrupted the Lakers and held them to under 70 points. And yes the Lakers are defintely lucky to not be down in this series 3-0.

Well I'm not a psychic or anything, it's just through closely following the NBA Playoffs and getting to see every Lakers game, this was inevitable. I actually believed it was LA who played bad, but it's time for the world including myself to realize that the Pistons defense is stellar. They disrupted the Lakers and held them to under 70 points. And yes the Lakers are defintely lucky to not be down in this series 3-0.

It's not so much their defense as their slow it down offense and excellent defensive rebounding. They don't give opponents a chance to run or score 2nd chance points. The Pistons offense ranges from woeful to average, but they get just enough to win, or lose by a handful of points.

Guest Hit Man 3120

When are the Lakers realize they are in a series?

The way they played was an embarassment. Nobody showed up for them, not even Kazaam or The Defendant

Meanwhile, is the nation convinced its what the Pistons are doing. Its their great defense that is giving LA fits. Rip & Chauncey were huge. 50 between them compared to the combined 17 for the Laker guards.

The Lakers better decide to show up and are DAMN luck they are not down 3-0 and facing elimination cuz the Pistons have outplayed LA in every game of this series

Great to see the Pistons take game 3, if we win this series I will mark the fuck out. It would be nice as well, because I am so fucking sick of hearing about the Red Wings. Detroit is crazy about Hockey, but I think Basketball has taken over as the top sport in Detroit. Tonight's unsung hero was Lindsey Hunter, that man busted his ass. In fact, Hunter has quietly played an excellent series for us, with his incredible D and great hustle. I think Byron Scott had the quote of the night with "It's time to stop figuring out what's wrong with LA, and what's right about Detroit."

Guest TheFakeShowSux

88-68, HAHAHAHA.....

What a demoralizing, heart-crushing, gut-churning loss for the Lakers. Sucks that they choked this game away, for the entire game.

Much respect for Malone not doing shit.

Kobe shows again why he's overrated. Get compared to MJ, and what do you do? Play like complete SHIT.

Thanks to naiwf & sycodm, for being the most un-knowledgeable mu'phuckas on the subject of basketball, i mean they thought it was series over, obviously they are too far up the Lakers asses to actually see that Detroit is the better team.

Id like to laugh all day at you idiots, who thought you would actually get this one right, fuckin retarded.

88-68, HAHAHAHA.....

What a demoralizing, heart-crushing, gut-churning loss for the Lakers. Sucks that they choked this game away, for the entire game.

Much respect for Malone not doing shit.

Kobe shows again why he's overrated. Get compared to MJ, and what do you do? Play like complete SHIT.

Thanks to naiwf & sycodm, for being the most un-knowledgeable mu'phuckas on the subject of basketball, i mean they thought it was series over, obviously they are too far up the Lakers asses to actually see that Detroit is the better team.

Id like to laugh all day at you idiots, who thought you would actually get this one right, fuckin retarded.

I'd just laugh with the knowledge that you're a poor, pathetic loser who has created like 17 accounts to say the Lakers suck. It seems more like you're the one with the head far up LA's collective ass. Hate someone who actually acknowledges you exist if you're going to hate people. I'm sure Shaq or Kobe are losing sleep that some kid with AOL doesn't like them <_<

I already said I didn't give Detroit credit because I can't get into a team that wins scoring 80-85 a game, much like I hated the Pat Riley Knicks teams. Even though they made the playoffs every year, I couldn't stand to watch them beat up their opponents and barely shoot 40%. If the Pistons win this year it won't effect me since my team is not going to be good for another 5 years thanks to Scott Layden, who incidentally may be the only person I've ever not known personally and disliked more than you. Congrats on that.