Sonic MEGA Collection

TMM

B0007IFQD6.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Yah, it's got about 20 or so games on it.

I know it's been out for a while...but...it's Sonic damn you! And I just ordered it, and bizarely, I'm really excited.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...7163077-2401434

Oh, uh, and to give this thread some meaning...um, why does Sonic rock your socks? :shifty:

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt. Literally. B)

There is one major flaw with the collection, and that's the absence of the Master System/Game Gear version of Sonic 2. Seriously, they have the MS version of Sonic 1, and then games like Sonic Chaos etc. Then there's a bunch of other crap they don't need, like two versions of Mean Bean Machine, or that load of "extra" hidden games that have nothing to do with Sonic whatsoever. Added to the fact that I love the MS Sonic 2 more than any of the other MS Sonic games. They have no excuse.

It might also have been nice to see Sonic CD or Chaotix on there - certainly more than 'Sonic Drift' and other such wastes of time. Unless they're trying to pretend that the Mega CD and 32X never existed that is.

Other than that, Sonic is King. My first computer game *ever* was Sonic 2 with my brand new Mega Drive II, and from there on I've just loved the entire Sonic franchise. In fact, I've played Sonic 2 so much over the past 12 years that I can play parts of it with my eyes closed. As I proved to my friend a few weeks ago on Chemical Plant Zone Act 1...

*Sonic jumping noise*

Friend: "Hah, you missed."

Blind Me: "I was jumping over the blue thing, fool."

*End of Act Spinning Sign noise*

Friend: "...Git."

You know in the Sonic Mega Collection, that in order to unlock the Sonic 3 + S&K combination you have to play BOTH Sonic 3 and S&K 30 times...?! I mean goddamn.

Edited by stokeriño

Water plus metal and mechanical...? There aren't any other water ones on Sonic 1... Well, Scrap Brain Zone is mechanical, and temporarily returns to a Labyrinth-esque environment for Act 3, but I don't think that would be it.

Might you mean Chemical Plant Zone on Sonic 2? It wasn't water per say, more...purple. Other than that, the only other ones with water are:

Aquatic Ruin (Sonic 2) - no metal

Oil Ocean (Sonic 2) - if you count oil as water...

Hydro...something (Sonic 3) - not mechanical really

That's about it really, as far as Mega Drive Sonic games go.

And personally, I didn't mind Labyrinth Zone much at all. The ones that peeved me were Star Light Zone (S1), Metropolis Zone (S2), Marble Garden Zone (S3), and Sandopolis Zone (S&K) - not because they were hard, but because they seemed long and tedious.

Edited by stokeriño

Now all I need is for the bastards at Nintendo to release Super Mario for PS2. Somehow. Ain't gonna happen, but I ain't gonna buy a GameCube just for Mario though. Although I wanna play Mario :(

I'll get this, get bored after a while, then I'll get Star Wars Lego and be addicted to that for ever.

Other than that, Sonic is King. My first computer game *ever* was Sonic 2 with my brand new Mega Drive II, and from there on I've just loved the entire Sonic franchise. In fact, I've played Sonic 2 so much over the past 12 years that I can play parts of it with my eyes closed. As I proved to my friend a few weeks ago on Chemical Plant Zone Act 1...

*Sonic jumping noise*

Friend: "Hah, you missed."

Blind Me: "I was jumping over the blue thing, fool."

*End of Act Spinning Sign noise*

Friend: "...Git."

You know in the Sonic Mega Collection, that in order to unlock the Sonic 3 + S&K combination you have to play BOTH Sonic 3 and S&K 30 times...?! I mean goddamn.