Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

Double post, more than likely, but fuck it, rumours I've heard say that the tickets will be dropped to £8-10 which means you're talking £184 - £230 in regular tickets for kids if you went to every game. So, roughly you're talking £140-£190 for kids season tickets. For adults, if they knock seats down to £15 per game, that's £345 to attend each game, so about £250-280.

That seems about right for a club that charge way too much for what it's worth.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If tickets go quite cheap, I'll probably go most weeks.

My dad pointed something out to me today -- technically, if they wanted, they could make a standing stand. E.g, making the Kop more traditional.

Against F.A. rules, sadly.

Yeah, i dont think a lot of teams can afford to have all seater stadiums in the bottom two leagues, can you imagine Dag & Red or Accrington playing in all-seater stadiums at that level!?

Our new stadium is all-seater, but it was purpose made to double the capacity easily if we ever go up into higher leagues, which hopefully next year, we will

And yes, i do want us to play Leeds at home on the opening day!

EDIT: And i know im going back a bit here, but -Matt-, did you say that Wise did better than Blackwell!? Blackwell very nearly got you promoted! I think Wise & Bates are both poison for Leeds Utd, but more so Bates definitely.

Some of the fans dont help either, when i went to a game with my brother and his mates last season (it was a thoroughly 'exciting' 0-0 draw with Plymouth) the fans were total arseholes around us (not TO us, just around us) and the highlight of the game was a fight that broke out among the Leeds fan :thumbsdown:

EDIT: (Again, i should post AFTER reading through the thread) I happen to give a fuck about Donny! Dunno about anyone else though! :P And hey, how many teams can you say have won a domestic cup in the football league this season!?

Edited by 1PWCorino

Yeah, i dont think a lot of teams can afford to have all seater stadiums in the bottom two leagues, can you imagine Dag & Red or Accrington playing in all-seater stadiums at that level!?

Our new stadium is all-seater, but it was purpose made to double the capacity easily if we ever go up into higher leagues, which hopefully next year, we will

And yes, i do want us to play Leeds at home on the opening day!

EDIT: And i know im going back a bit here, but -Matt-, did you say that Wise did better than Blackwell!? Blackwell very nearly got you promoted! I think Wise & Bates are both poison for Leeds Utd, but more so Bates definitely.

Some of the fans dont help either, when i went to a game with my brother and his mates last season (it was a thoroughly 'exciting' 0-0 draw with Plymouth) the fans were total arseholes around us (not TO us, just around us) and the highlight of the game was a fight that broke out among the Leeds fan :thumbsdown:

EDIT: (Again, i should post AFTER reading through the thread) I happen to give a fuck about Donny! Dunno about anyone else though! :P And hey, how many teams can you say have won a domestic cup in the football league this season!?

But to be fair... I could have got that team to the playoffs. We got very lucky throughout most of the season as it was and we had some top class youngsters on loan. A decent manager would have got us promoted with the team we had that year, his tactics were terrible and he's not cut out to manage above League 1 level (and it remains to be seen if he can do that).

I love your lax attitude towards championships, Ace. :P

Earlier on you're all "lol, I don't care if we win the title or not, we're still promoted".

I can just see Arsene Wenger in his board room now. "Eh, we don't need the Premiership title. We finished third. We're still in the Champions league next season. Who gives a shit about actually winning stuff? Being third is still cool, right?".

I'm sure that'd go over great :P

Cheer up, Alex. So you got mauled in Milan... you finished joint third in the Champions League, it's all good ¬_¬

I know where you're coming from, in practical terms there's no real benefit to winning the league, other than a cool trophy. But cool trophies are what competitive sports are all about :P (as well as money, of course). To say they don't care about winning the league is a bit silly.

I mean, it's not a Liverpool-type situation where they play their reserves in order to rest for a Champions League final because there's nothing left to play for. They were playing for the League Two championship. When it's a choice between League Two Championship and Nothing, obviously League Two Championship is your preffered option.

To be fair, The first time we lost 2 games in a row in over 30 games was the last 2 games of the season.

The players didn't seem too bothered in both games but good luck to you, hope you do well in the play-offs, though I'd like to see any of the sides in their join us, even MK.

The last games was always going to be a struggle without Richie Barker (Top Scorer in the division), Andy Monkhouse (Was in league 2 team of the year) & Michael Nelson (Also in team of the year & our player of the year and captain). So I was quite happy to take a top 7 side all the way with players such as Mackay playing who was making his debut after being signed from a team 7 divisions below us & a couple of 18 year olds.

I don't care now. You can all join us in League One. As long as we go up as well >_>

And as long as City don't go anywhere near the Premeirship. If they get there before us... I think I might just cry a little.

We're ninety minutes from Wembley, booyah. All we have to do is keep a clean sheet...

... oh dear.

Shame about Lewis Powell, too. I thought he was quite good :/ Not exactly shedding many tears over the other two we let go though.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Good to see West Brom get the win at Molineux, Phillips' goal was a cracker. Tight scoreline, though, so there's still work to do on Wednesday.

Does the away goals rule count in the playoffs? I didn't think so, but I'd like to be sure as I haven't heard it discussed.

Why do I have a feeling Billy Davies is going to be the manager in the Premiership - providing they get promoted - who likes to shoot his mouth off despite his team probably lingering in the bottom 5 or so?

West Brom are essentially through to the final with a goal from who else than Kevin Phillips?

Been a fairly entertaining match, but not enough decent attempts, when Camara took his shot before it sort of triggered my memory that I don't think I've seen a save so far.

Edited by IAceI

Ah. West Brom or Derby? No thanks. =/

I wanted Southampton to come up, to see Bale in action and all that. Looks like Kamara and all will stay with WBA if they gain promotion, which sucks.