Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin

FLiam

Her next single is straight up pop punk and its exactly what she should have been doing on every album. If you either market yourself fully one way or not at all.

That being said, Maxx <3 Avril

Are you saying that she can't sing well? Well, neither can most pop-star. At least Avril is putting forth a valiant effort to create good role models, as opposed to Britney Spears.

Not really, if you consider that she did several interviews dissing her own fans. :/

As far as her "singing"...:lol: Have you ever heard her live,by any chance? In all fairness, though, at least she actually tries to sing live, unlike Spears.

If she was that shit, she wouldn't have all the fans she has.

That statement is ridiculous, because the general population is stupid enough to buy/believe/like pretty much anything they're told to. Saying Avril is good because she has fans is like saying DDT wasn't harmful because everyone used it.

Depends on how you classify good. You're thoughts on a good artist may completely differ on someone else's, just like your views on a wrestling match may be completely different to someone elses. That's what annoys me about these threads - art is subjective. You can't say definitively she's not good. She certainly has an appeal, there's no denying that.

I sure as hell hope avril doesn't encourage young girls to pick up a guitar, because the last thing I want to see and hear is more stupid girls acting "punk" and playing avril music.

No she isn't...if anything she is worse. She is getting many girls to conform and group think while actually thinking they are doing the opposite. It's like watching these fools march into places like Hot Topic and blow gobs of cash in a misguided fight for individuality, when in fact they are conforming just the same. Her and her music are just as empty and pointless as Spears and others, and actually worse for the simple fact that  they pretend it's the opposite of Spears and others. It can't help music go "full circle" because it's the same shit only marketed to a different crowd.