The Grand National

WS1

Think I might put a few quid down on just in debt. I've heard good things about that one and its at 25/1. Also might put something down on forest gunner.

Anyone else putting any bets on for tomorrow?

Two years ago when I went to Millenium Stadium to see Carlisle vs. Bristol City in the LDV Vans Trophy Final on the bus we picked a name out of a hat, I got Montys Pass B)

I was sitting watching and all the dads who were smoking and complete pros when it came down to this thing were saying to me "Jus' wait till it's over that last fence, then it's all yours"

I got £20 ¬_¬.

But yeah, I'm too yong to bet :P

I've stuck a tenner on Strong Resolve at 10-1. It's not got that much weight on it and it's a good runner. I don't get much deeper than that when making a pick though.

I also put a fiver on Vijay Singh to win the US Masters at 9-1...he's looking pretty good for it so far.

Edited by Mark Hunter

I dont usually bet, but I normally stick a few quid on the Grand National.

I don't know jack shit about horse racing, so I just pick a horse who's name I like (worked with Red Marauder :) - 2001 I think).

This year, I'm going for Ad Hoc.

It reminds me of a cool lecturer who I had at college, it was one of his favourite terms.

Had Heros Collenges in the office sweepstakes. Looked alright up to the last two fences, shit bastard. Falls were pretty good though, especially the guy who swung left near the end instead of jumping. Whammo!

I woke up this morning and saw on the Ladbrokes website that Hedgehunter was now 10/1 so I put another £10 on. I watched the race with no sound on and I thought that Clan Royal that fell was Hedgehunter so then I started cheering for Strong Resolve only to see Hedgehunter win it to my suprise. I know nothing about horse racing.