Foreign Football Thread

Well how shit were we against Inter? Very. How can we play brilliant against Lecce yet utter shit against Milan? To make it even worst, Zlatan got a three match ban from the game, which means he misses the huge match against AC Milan in which we need him big time. We're appealing against the ban but I cant see us getting anywhere. So that leaves us a little broken going into the Milan game in a few weeks, pretty shit scared now to be honest. Del HAS to be at his best. Fuck all the talks about going to Barcelona or whatever, this is now, so forget all that and perform as your damn best. He's had small moments at times so he still has it in him. Same goes for Trezerguet, apprently there are rumours he could be off to Arsenal within time. Either way, we need him scoring properly come the Milan game. Zalayeta usually does his thing, so he's alright. Nedved has to stop getting pissed off in games too and get back to his usual self. He's rushing things too much and trying to be too much of a hero right now, he needs to just calm down and focus more. Get Zebina back in time for this Milan game too, we need him badly.

I just don't see how we can handle Milan now. They're getting back to there best after winning today 3-0, plus Shev is back and looking good, same for Inzaghi a little. They just have full force leading into this game, and lately we've looked weak in places so much and without Zlatan, we could end up getting slaughtered and ending up taking second place. We've got Lazio in the game today which wont exactly be anything easy, another must win as well. We need a solid win, a clean sheet and a good three goals or so, no pussy footing around.

Oh and when is Mutu's ban over?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Level we go again.

We didn't do it in convincing fashion but we did get the win which is fine by me. The commentators said at the start that someone for Juventus HAD to step up tonight and pull them to victory, because the team was lacking big time once Del got injured and taken off. Who would be the man? Pavel Nedved. Just awesome, so damn awesome. The guy has so much talent and to see him finally looking like his old self, well it's just a joy to see. He worked hard all night and then finally forced us to victory with the late and lovely goal.

They were probably the better team overall, or maybe level, we were certainly poor most of the time to be fair. Which is exactly why I agree with the commentators. They said with this team we stand no chance against Milan and well they're right. So we have to get Del back in time and Trezerguet, and we have to really pray that Zlatan gets the ban reduced to just two games so he can play in the Milan game. I think if we don't get Zlatan back for the Milan game, the title probably goes to Milan. If they beat us, I cant see them slipping up in the last few games.

One thing to be confident about is Nedved looking back on form. That's a great thing and if he's even better by the Milan date, it can only result in good things for us. Zambrotta had possibly the worst game of his life against Lazio, he has to be better come the Milan game. Emerson has to be fit for the Milan game too, Tacchinardi and Blasi are really lacking right now. If it was me, I'd have Emerson, Appiah and Camorenasi all in the midfield area with Nedved just behind the strike force. Our main problem is obviously that strike force though. All we have left is Kapo and Zalayeta, and while I think highly of both, they just cant handle Milan's back force. Del is having scans this week, Zlatan is praying to get that ban reduced and well Trezerguet is apprently not going to be back, which is a bitch and a half. Not to mention we have Bologna this weekend which is a must win. Not as big as the Milan game but still it wont be easy with all these problems.

Oh and Buffon looked in great shape again after that super freekick from Oddo and super save from Buffon.

• 2 weeks later...

The big game was today and I was proven wrong, because we did it...we beat Milan :)

Pretty good game too. First half I feel we were much better than them, but come second half they were by far the better team. Lovely Trezerguet goal, the Del Piero overhead to set it up was lovely stuff and super refereeing to keep the play going. Del Piero for me was the best player on the pitch, a performance that he owed the fans too and I reckon he proved many critics wrong who said he hasn't got it in him anymore.

Just overall such a great performance when we were missing Zlatan and Zebina. Three points clear with three games left, we surely cant slip up now and I'm confident we'll win the title now. Milan have two away games too, so if they slip up at all then it's nearly guranteed.

The trophy is coming home :)

Great goal indeed. Curious, have you seen last weeks highlights? the 6-4 and 5-3 games? The one who ended 6-4 had two players scoring 4 goals each. Insane.

Oh and I really hate Mancini (Inter manager), just too cocky if you ask me by saying how Inter were going to win the title this season, yeah right :P

Edited by Malenko

Great goal indeed. Curious, have you seen last weeks highlights? the 6-4 and 5-3 games? The one who ended 6-4 had two players scoring 4 goals each. Insane.

Oh and I really hate Mancini (Inter manager), just too cocky if you ask me by saying how Inter were going to win the title this season, yeah right :P

Barcelona has said that they will only make one major signing in the summer, despite the media linking them to various players. It cannot be a non-eu player, since they have reached that quota already. My bet is on Mark Van Bommel.

And Marca has reported that Perez will make *SIX* signings in the summer. 4 hard-working players and 2 players to fill the current gaps in Madrid. Robinho is almost certainly one of the six.

yeah, i heard it too. I also think Van Bommel will be the Barcelona signing, and i think they have to sell rustu. It makes no sense to keep him on loan when he'll never ever play for them.

I also heard about Madrid's six signings and i find it funny that one of the 2 players to "fill the gaps" will be Robinho which will play in a position that has enough people and will also take away any chances of solari ever return to play for them again. I heard they were looking to get Joaquin from Betis to fill the place Figo will leave.

Well, Robinho can play a variety of positions: Striker, supporting striker, attacking midfielder, left winger, so he'll be useful on the bench. Some people might think that signing Robinho just to bench him sounds ludicrous, but I think it's best for him. He's still young, and needs time to adapt to La Liga. So, give him a season or 2 on the bench, and then start him when he's ready.

And Joaquin is heading to Chelsea. :D

Nah, actually, I doubt we can land him. His heart is obviously in Madrid, and when Figo leaves, Perez will certainly sign Joaquin to replace him. And I think this could happen as soon as the season ends.

IMHO, Madrid's greatest weakness is their lack of depth in the fullback department. They have 2 superb full backs in Roberto Carlos and Michel Salgado, but there's no one else that is of sufficient quality to replace them. Having Raul Bravo as their second choice left back says it all really.

Well, Robinho can play a variety of positions: Striker, supporting striker, attacking midfielder, left winger, so he'll be useful on the bench. Some people might think that signing Robinho just to bench him sounds ludicrous, but I think it's best for him. He's still young, and needs time to adapt to La Liga. So, give him a season or 2 on the bench, and then start him when he's ready.

Talking of him and Betis, they went to the final tonight after a tough penalty shoot out against Bilbao. Didn't catch the game, only got to see the end which was the penaltys.

Oh and yeah, what the heck has happened to Larrson (sp?)? I aint seen the guy in ages, surely he's not injured for like the 100000th time?

Eto'o looks set for the pinichi award, but at the rate Ronaldo is going, I think he might just snatch it.

And Barcelona's striking power is not only Eto'o, their main attacks, IMO, come from Ronaldinho. And he scored an absolute peach of a goal against Valencia.