Chelsea thread

G-O-D

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...and so Mourinho is World Soccer's Manager of the Year 2004...

how do chelsea fans feel for having him as manager?

now, before everyone starts jumping on how overrated he is, may i remind you he won 2 portuguese leagues, 1 portuguese supercup (league winner vs cup winner), 1 portuguese cup, 1 uefa cup and 1 champions league in 2 years while being the manager of a team that you people are the first to say "it sucks"...Plus he has Chelsea leading the premiership so far while being the manager of a team that you, non-Chelsea fans, are the first to say it's overrated..

I like Mourinho. I know I shouldn't, being an Arsenal fan, but I like him. Maybe it's his arrogant/cockiness, I dunno, but I do like him. He's a good manager who doesn't settle for anything.

I don't want him to win the league or anything, but I also don't want him to be sacked after his first year in charge, because I like reading about what he's said in the papers.

You guys pull a magnificent draw against Arsenal, yet can't beat Porto? I hate you all. You should have been able to destroy those guys. Can't tell you how much I was disappointed when I saw the end result...

EDIT: Just in case someone gets offended, the "I hate you all" part was a joke.

Edited by Y2Johnny

• 2 weeks later...

A good win for us against Pompey, even though we didn't play to our best. I honestly thought that we were heading for a draw until Robben struck that late goal.

The fixtures over the Christmas period had often been problematic for Chelsea, but with maximum points from the last 2 games, I think we'll make it through to the New Year still leading at the top.

I don't really understand why people still bash chelsea. they dominated ALMOST every match i've seen from them and there are only two teams who can match them in terms of football quality, arsenal and man utd. Plus, they are the best as a TEAM from what i've seen. While Arsenal may have better individual quality (and even that is arguable), chelsea are much better as a whole. I admit i didn't enjoy very much the first games Chelsea played in the season, but at least since november they are pure greatness and non-biased people will have to agree, liking it or not.

Now, as in the tottenham thread,.. i thank english football for not stoping in the holiday season unlike the rest. :thumbsup:

Much of the bashing came from their early season "we'll play for a 1-0 win" performance in which it would've been more fun to watch paint dry.

Also, some of it comes from the fact Chelsea (if the win it) would have essentially bought the league.

Anyway, they've been fantastic as of late, and if they win the league, credit where credit's due...although we're still gonna win it :D

Much of the bashing came from their early season "we'll play for a 1-0 win" performance in which it would've been more fun to watch paint dry.

Also, some of it comes from the fact Chelsea (if the win it) would have essentially bought the league.

Anyway, they've been fantastic as of late, and if they win the league, credit where credit's due...although we're still gonna win it :D