Chelsea thread

G-O-D

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly Britney, everyone is telling me at school that Liverpool are favourites and they wont lose at Anfield. But the fact is if they play out a score draw there still going out so the advantage is still with Chelsea in my opinion and they will go attacking from the start next week and once they score they will just play evenly flowing football

I disagree with the stuff about Liverpool being fucked. It's been said so many times. They have nothing what so ever to lose. They're looking like they might not make it into the CL next season, so they have to go for it. At the start everyone tipped Arsenal or Chelsea or United to go all the way, yet Liverpool have been super impressive if you ask me. They've just been a totally different side in Europe. Sure not World Class, but a side that have proven they can pull this off. Sure they might need some luck and well they might just get that.

Agree that Chelsea will be strong at the back and stuff and it wont be easy at all, but this isn't going to be Liverpool fucked at all. For some reason I dislike all this 'Gerrard needs to perform at his best' crap. You do realise that Gerrard isn't a one man team right? Yes he's a great player, but so what. Just because he has a poor game doesn't mean they cant win the game. I personally think everything relies on Baros and Cisse if he goes with that. Well no, not everything as the entire team needs to at least be good, but them two need to be at there best, Baros mainly. He's been poor lately but he's proven he's a good talent, so bloody show it. He's taken so much critism lately too by people so I'd love to see him score a few.

Another thing, why is every English paper biased saying how Cech is the best keeper in Europe when he's not? I can be Chelsea biased sometimes fair enough, but honestly I don't think he's the best. For me he's third, just behind Casillas and Buffon. If they're going by form in Europe this year too, he's still not the best either, I think Buffon was the one who let in the least goals possibly, or I could be wrong there. Nothing against him because I think he's a great keeper most of the time, but I just don't like how much hype the guy gets. Oh and I'm taking a liking to Joe Cole for some reason, I never thought I would because I've always disliked him, but he has improved big time so screw Duff and Robben and play Cole :P

Another thing, why is every English paper biased saying how Cech is the best keeper in Europe when he's not? I can be Chelsea biased sometimes fair enough, but honestly I don't think he's the best. For me he's third, just behind Casillas and Buffon. If they're going by form in Europe this year too, he's still not the best either, I think Buffon was the one who let in the least goals possibly, or I could be wrong there. Nothing against him because I think he's a great keeper most of the time, but I just don't like how much hype the guy gets. Oh and I'm taking a liking to Joe Cole for some reason, I never thought I would because I've always disliked him, but he has improved big time so screw Duff and Robben and play Cole  :P

Disagree SOOOO much. He's been fucking outstanding this season. Chelsea wouldn't be so far ahead without him (they'd probably still be top because of their defence). Buffon isn't even Italy's number 1 is he? I heard he was dropped for someone else. Cassilas is no way as good as Cech (or Buffon for that matter). He's class yes, but not as good as either of them.

Another thing, why is every English paper biased saying how Cech is the best keeper in Europe when he's not? I can be Chelsea biased sometimes fair enough, but honestly I don't think he's the best. For me he's third, just behind Casillas and Buffon. If they're going by form in Europe this year too, he's still not the best either, I think Buffon was the one who let in the least goals possibly, or I could be wrong there. Nothing against him because I think he's a great keeper most of the time, but I just don't like how much hype the guy gets. Oh and I'm taking a liking to Joe Cole for some reason, I never thought I would because I've always disliked him, but he has improved big time so screw Duff and Robben and play Cole  :P

Disagree SOOOO much. He's been fucking outstanding this season. Chelsea wouldn't be so far ahead without him (they'd probably still be top because of their defence). Buffon isn't even Italy's number 1 is he? I heard he was dropped for someone else. Cassilas is no way as good as Cech (or Buffon for that matter). He's class yes, but not as good as either of them.

Iker Casillas is the best keeper in the world right now by a distance. I have lost count of the amount of games that he has saved for Madrid, so many times.

Petr Cech is 2nd in my opinion, and to think, he could be playing for us. :(

And about Drogba. That is what you get when you spend £24m on a £9m striker. ;)

I agree with JP on the goalkeepers issue. Casillas and Buffon are the best goalkeepers in big clubs currently. Cech is very good, but Chelsea also has a great defensive line to back it up. Madrid's defensive line is like a swiss cheese and even worse this season. With the terrible form of offensive players like Raul, Zidane and Ronaldo (although he got better now in the last few games) throughout the season, Casillas is one of the main reasons why Madrid is in the position it is. Buffon is just great. He's one of those goalies that help the defense remain calm cause they know they have a reliable backup behind them. He blends very well with the Juve's defense. I would classify Buffon as the best goalie on the first half of this season, and Casillas as the best of the second.

It's also true that Italy beats everyone in terms of goal keepers. They are one of the few countries (is there any other?) that won't struggle to get 3 great goalkeepers in great shape and form in the euro/world cups and still manage to leave a couple good ones off.

Crap is the wrong word.  We held the will-be Premiership champions to a 0-0 draw, and stopped them playing their game.

But this isn't the Premiership. A 0-0 draw in the Premiership would have been great. This is the Champions League, and you fell into their trap. All Chelsea need is 1 goal or a 1-1 draw, and you are fucked. That is not luring them into a trap - that's walking backwards into your own trap while trying to pull them along.

Chelsea's defence can be absolutely rock solid when they want it to be. Unless Liverpool put on the performance of their lives. And the way Liverpool played yesterday they are not likely to even get a goal, nevermind a draw.

Honestly, people seem to be underestimating Chelsea WAY TOO MUCH. Unless something fucks up, Liverpool are fucked.

I agree with JP on the goalkeepers issue. Casillas and Buffon are the best goalkeepers in big clubs currently. Cech is very good, but Chelsea also has a great defensive line to back it up. Madrid's defensive line is like a swiss cheese and even worse this season. With the terrible form of offensive players like Raul, Zidane and Ronaldo (although he got better now in the last few games) throughout the season, Casillas is one of the main reasons why Madrid is in the position it is. Buffon is just great. He's one of those goalies that help the defense remain calm cause they know they have a reliable backup behind them. He blends very well with the Juve's defense. I would classify Buffon as the best goalie on the first half of this season, and Casillas as the best of the second.

It's also true that Italy beats everyone in terms of goal keepers. They are one of the few countries (is there any other?) that won't struggle to get 3 great goalkeepers in great shape and form in the euro/world cups and still manage to leave a couple good ones off.

We are the champions! :D

Geremi was outstanding. Way better than Huth or Johnson had been.

No superlative can do justice to how brillant Frank Lampard is. We were running out of ideas. Until Lampard popped up.

And Terry played the entire second half with one good eye. What a warrior.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

It'd be a Treble if you won the CL, not the Treble, we've all established that it [League Cup] only matters to the team that wins it.

If you can retain it next season without huge spending, then maybe you'll get some actual praise rather than the vast majority of supporters feeling like you bought yourself 1st place.

This isn't bitter, since I've known it was gonna happen for a while, but its pretty much the truth. Its not really worth bragging about, yet.

Edited by muddatrucker

Congratulations on winning it, but I share the same views as mudda.

While you did 'buy the title', it wouldn't have happened without the teamwork and team-spirit. Mind you, without Terry and Lampard, even with the amount of money you spent you wouldn't have won it :)

But enjoy your moment, because you'll have to wait another 50 years for another one like that :)