Chelsea thread

G-O-D

Guest Ringmaster The Living Legend

Fair enough. I guess Neville's captain too and needs to set a proper example. Gallas has irked me since he punched Joaquin in the back of the neck and got away with it though :shifty:

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn cheating Drogba.

Say what you will about Ronaldo or Pires....but Drogba is far far far far worse than both of them PUT TOGETHER!

I really hope the FA steps in and gives him a ban. It may be the only way to stop him.

I can't believe in the post-match interview that he says handballing is just a part of the game. And ADMITTING to diving, and saying you shouldn't have to stay up everytime, and it's just a part of his game.

My hatred has plunged to new levels.

Edited by TheArsenal

I agree actually, his postmatch interview pretty much buried himself. Perhaps it just came out worse because of his limited English. Someone with a more extensive vocabulary might have been able to prevent themselves from sounding like such pricks.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has withdrawn an admission that he sometimes tries to con referees.

Drogba, speaking to the BBC's Match of the Day after the Blues' 2-0 defeat of Manchester City, initially said: "Sometimes I dive, sometimes I stand."

But he then quickly retracted that statement, saying: "No, I don't dive."

And he has subsequently told his club's website that his comments "came across in the wrong way - I want to be clear, I do not dive".

Drogba had been asked about conning referees following Alan Shearer's accusations that Shaun Wright-Phillips dived in Newcastle's FA Cup defeat to Chelsea last week to get Robbie Elliott sent off.

He got both goals in the champions' win on Saturday, though he did admit to handling the ball in the course of scoring the second.

He said: "Yes, it was handball, but that's part of the game.

"If City had done it, no-one would have mentioned it. But everyone is out to make a big mess about Chelsea."

I think he knows he dives and he knows he admitted it. And I think the turn around has more to do with him realising what he admitted and how the media would turn on him even more, and less about bad use of English.

And the handball comment was also bad enough.

And Chelsea PR would have forced him to put that on the website, but then again, it wouldn't suprise me if Chelsea PR was handled by "Comical Ali" after some of the things that appear on that website....

Chelsea have announced a link-up with AEG, the group that own or operate the franchise for four clubs in the USA's Major Soccer League.

The agreement will come into effect in the summer of 2007 and Chelsea will have a special relationship with MLS champions LA Galaxy.

Chelsea will have first option to sign LA players and loan them youngsters.

"This is a unique, ground-breaking relationship," said Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon.

AEG is also involved with Chicago Fire, DC United and Houston 1836, it owns the Millennium Dome and build and operates sporting venues in America.

Chelsea's agreement with LA Galaxy will also involve an exchange of coaching and medical knowledge and personnel - and could be expanded to other clubs if it is successful.

The Premiership champions will also be involved in a reality television show that will reward the winner with a professional contract at Chelsea.

Kenyon added: "Chelsea is absolutely delighted to be partnering with AEG, the leading backer of soccer in the US.

"It will help Chelsea work towards its aim of becoming the most popular European club in the US, one of our key target markets."

The partnership will stage a tournament every two years involving Chelsea and a host MLS club, starting next year.

They want to expand into this SUPER MASSIVE GLOBAL BRAND, and yet shit like this is only going to cause people to get sick and tired of seeing them.

Reality TV hasn't really been that big of a craze for a couple of years anyway, most people (the ones that aren't idiots) are getting sick and tired of it.

Edited by BOXzy

It's not exactly ground breaking news. We've already done it once before when we done that thing on Sky One. It was exactly the same as what was described in the article.

I don't see the big deal personally :ohwell:

I liked football icon. That one who looked like Scott Parker should have one.

Maybe its just my Scott Parker love, why the fuck would Chelsea ever sell him - as it said on 5 Live last night, is Essien any better? On form this year, Parker has pissed on him. Last year Essien was a machine, while Mourinho seems to have mouled him into Lampard's defensive foil - a role perfect for Parker.

They want to expand into this SUPER MASSIVE GLOBAL BRAND, and yet shit like this is only going to cause people to get sick and tired of seeing them.

Reality TV hasn't really been that big of a craze for a couple of years anyway, most people (the ones that aren't idiots) are getting sick and tired of it.