G-O-D

Guest It's 999

On players that would play for Chelsea every game if we bought them would be:

Beckham

Carlos

Zidane

Henry

Nistelrooy

And the only realistic one that we might get is Beckham, as i see he has 2 choices: join Chelsea, or risk a divorce.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Money talks, my friend.  :D

True....but half way through the season Joe Cole wanted to leave because they didn't play him. All of a sudden he was a first team regular.

Hasslebaink (sp?) has also said during this season that he would like a move because of lack of football.

Not everyone wants to be Winston Bogarde!! Most players will want to play and get less money.

True....but half way through the season Joe Cole wanted to leave because they didn't play him. All of a sudden he was a first team regular.

Hasslebaink (sp?) has also said during this season that he would like a move because of lack of football.

Not everyone wants to be Winston Bogarde!! Most players will want to play and get less money.

That's the problem with too many big names at the club. All the big names will want to play first team football, thus, the manager has to have a rotation policy. And with rotation, you can hardly get any sort of consistency with the players. Look at what rotation did to Mutu and Crespo. And look at what regular first team action did to Lampard.

Abramovich should stop buying big names now and buy players who are relatively unknown, but have potential.

But the fact is, players are willing to join Chelsea because of money, but, they will start to resent the move when they realise that they are unable to get first team football.

Ranieri doubts on successor

Claudio Ranieri has questioned the credentials of Jose Mourinho, the man expected to replace him after Chelsea's last game of the season against Leeds.

"It is important to see him in another league," said Ranieri. "Portugal is very different to other leagues. The Portuguese league isn't the best.

"In Italy, Spain and England there are four or six teams who are very strong and the rest are strong.

"In Portugal, you see Porto, Benfica and Sporting Lisbon, then - finish."

(bbc.co.uk/football)

Well, that seemed a little cold :lol: but he has a fair point.

From what I've read about Mourinho, the main things people praise him about are:

- Getting so far in the Champions League (which IMO is kind of hit and miss anyway)

- Working well in Porto with a low budget (erm...)

- Communicating well with the players (which, if I'm not mistaken, is something people praise Ranieri about too)

I'm not saying that Mourinho is a worse coach than Ranieri, but I certainly wouldn't place him as a significant improvement.

Opinions?

Well, you have to remember one thing. Porto was a mid-table club before Mourinho came in. Once he came in, he said that he will win silverware with Porto in his second season, and true enough, Porto won the league.

And he has gotten Porto to win the UEFA Cup last year, and got Porto to the finals of the CL this year, beating teams with a much higher budget, like Man Utd. So he has achieved European success.

But I think Ranieri will be able to win something with Chelsea next season, if given the chance.

Well Tottenham are buying players and releasing players.

What I wanna know is.....who's making those decisions

Most probally the board of directors of the chairman, i could maybe see Ranieri at Liverpool if Houlier got the chop, if not them then Tottenham.

Most probally the board of directors of the chairman, i could maybe see Ranieri at Liverpool if Houlier got the chop, if not them then Tottenham.

Remember their chairman is David Levy. And they wouldn't risk buying players that a new manager wouldn't want. It's like just before Arsene Wenger arrived at Arsenal, he told the club to buy Vieira. I think the new manager is already pulling some strings.

Guest I Bleed Red

Ranieri claims that he's had a lot of offers since his job position has become under threat.

I wouldn't be suprised if he wound up at Tottenham. But the smart money would be on him going to Spain or Italy.

I don't think he's go to Spain or Italy. Hasn't he stated that he's going to stay in England as he quite likes the English lifestyle?

Guest I Bleed Red

Yes. Yes he has.

that was more of a rhetorical question..

didn't need an answer, but thanks anyways.

So I don't see why he'd leave for Spain or Italy after saying that.

Especially with the Spurs job..

Leeds are still managerless aren't they? can't see him going to division one, but hey, McCarthy went from Ireland boss to Sunderland in Div 1.

Remember their chairman is David Levy. And they wouldn't risk buying players that a new manager wouldn't want. It's like just before Arsene Wenger arrived at Arsenal, he told the club to buy Vieira. I think the new manager is already pulling some strings.

Oh i see what you mean, you could be right about the mamanger already pulling strings,what will happen to Pleat will he stay at Tottenham in some sort of capacity or has he been released fully.