Chelsea thread

G-O-D

Frank Lampard could be set for a sensational exit from Chelsea if they fail to offer him a new deal to put him on parity with the top earners at Stamford Bridge.

The England international has been an ever-present for The Blues in The Premiership this season as manager Claudio Ranieri has refused to tinker with his midfield talisman.

However it now appears the former West Ham player could be on the move in the summer as talks between the club and his agent continue to stall over a long-term contract.

"The way things stand, Frank doesn't feel that he will be able to stay," explained his agent Steve Kutner to the SP.

"All he wants is parity with the club's best paid players but Chelsea aren't prepared to give him that.

"After the kind of season he has had, you wouldn't think that would be a problem."

Lampard's form in domestic and European action has already attracted interest from several Serie A sides and Kutner is quick to add that he will not be short of offers should the goalscoring midfielder look to move on.

He said: "Now they (Chelsea) risk losing one of their best players because everyone knows that Juventus and Internazionale want him - and they clearly want him more than Chelsea do."

Source

I hope this isn't true. We need Lampard if we are to challenge for the title next season.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two things I think are stupid here:

1) If Chelsea want Lampard to stay, why not offer what he wants

2) If Lampard loves the club as much as he says he does, why not stick with 40k a week, I mean yeh, lots are more paid. But what the FUCK is wrong with 40K A WEEK!!!! I would be happy with 2K a week.

And from what I saw in the paaper yesterday confirms the theory, the foreigners don't give a shit about the club, they are just there for the money. Look at Veron and Crespo. Ronaldo would be the same.

Edited by Gooner4Life

Why don't Chelsea just offer what he wants? I mean, he's there best and most influential player at the moment. Without him, their team will fall apart. B

But I agree with Gooner4Life, £40k a week is still damn good. Why not just stick with that? Lampard is acting like the little kid that wants a toy because his friend has it. If other players weren't earning that much, or if Chelsea weren't owned by a billionaire, he wouldn't THINK of asking for a pay increase.

Juan Sebastian Veron is convinced his Premiership career is over but acknowledges Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich may block a coveted return to Serie A.

The Argentine midfielder has endured a torrid debut season at Stamford Bridge and has failed to justify his £15 million price tag since his switch from Manchester United.

1213707.jpg

Veron: wants move.

Veron was sidelined for a lengthy spell with a back injury while his performances have also drawn stinging criticism.

The 29-year-old is now chasing an exit from Chelsea after his inability to live up to expectations, with Internazionale favourites to take Veron back to Italy.

The former Lazio and Parma schemer is aware of Inter's interest in his services and is keen to return to the familiar stamping ground of Serie A.

But Veron fears Russian billionaire Abramovich may not want to sell although he hopes any Inter offer will be accepted by The Blues.

"There is interest from Inter but I know that the owner of Chelsea does not want me to go," Veron told Buenos Aires newspaper Ole.

"But if the offer is good, it would please me if it was analysed."

Veron left Serie A for Old Trafford three years ago and admits he has enjoyed his stint in England but believes it is time to close that chapter in his career.

He added: "It has been good on a personal level although not so good on the sport side of things.

"I believe that my cycle in England is finished."

Source

If Veron wants to move, Abramovich should sell him. Why keep a player who isn't committed to the team's cause?

Edited by G-O-D

Guest _sTe_

Considering Veron is being paid £90k a week for bench warming, I think it's only fair that Lampard, who has played in almost every game for Chelsea this season, gets a pay hike.

MOURINHO AND CHELSEA SIGN FOR 4 YEARS

José Mourinho will sign contract with Chelsea until the end of next week and will stay connected to the english club for the next 4 years, as A BOLA found out in London.

Mourinho is obligated, for respect to the team he manages and FC Porto's sporting objectives, to "freeze" any approach to the matter until the Champion's League finals, scheduled for Wednesday in Gelsenkirchen, against Monaco.

It's certain, however, that days later the manager will go to London, where a contract whose clauses are established and links the parties to a four year project awaits him.

In a time where the amount of news about the alledged interest of Chelsea in Didier Deschamps, Mourinho's opponent come Wednesday, A BOLA is already in conditions to guarantee that Roman Abramovich, the russian millionaire that presides the London club, has already picked. And the future passes by Mourinho.

source: www.abola.pt

Dunno if this is true or not, just read it in a portuguese newspaper which is usually accurate, and tried to translate it the best I could. Well, just let me say, if this is true, you've got stuck with the most arrogant piece of shit I've seen. But that's just me... Wait, it's not just me, pretty much everybody I talk to think he's like that. But still, despite being an arrogant piece of shit he did wonders for Porto, let's see what he can do for Chelsea.

Fernando Morientes has revealed he is close to joining a new club with French sources claiming the Real Madrid striker is on the brink of signing for Chelsea.

1207812.jpg

Morientes: Chelsea move in pipeline

The experienced hit-man was the West Londoners' chief tormentor in the UEFA Champions League semi-final but had been expected to return to Real when his loan spell with Monaco expired.

However, the Spanish forward has since hinted at a possible move to London and, despite rumours that his destination could be champions Arsenal, it is believed Chelsea are in pole position to snap up the 28-year-old.

"We are close to a solution," Morientes told L'Equipe. "We can say it is settled at 90 percent.

"I like the project a lot, but the finalisation of the contract can need a little more time.

"So it is possible, meanwhile, from the end of the season, that I will go back to Real Madrid."

Roman Abramovich has reportedly offered a five-year contract to somebody who impressed the Russian owner with his appearances in Europe with a ¿12 million offer winging its way to El Santiago Bernabeu.

Valencia are potential rivals for Morientes's signature and they could have an Ace up their sleeve if they offer combative captain Roberto Ayala in exchange, but Chelsea appear to be clear favourites.

Source

Morientes sounds like a good replacement for Hasselbaink, but I would take Forssell over him any time.

Edited by G-O-D

Did you think Arsenal had the financial means to get Reyes before you did? :P

If Chelsea had gone for Reyes before Arsenal, you guys would never have gotten him. :P

And furthermore, after getting Reyes, I'll be very surprised if you guys can come up with 17+ million for a player.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

We don't need him, I'm not particularly bothered if Chelsea do either, whoever he goes to, someone will end up over spending for him.

Guest Blads

Morientes is one of the most hated men at The Bridge right now, cant see the fans taking him to him, and as far as the speculation goes; it's says 'unnamed club' not Chelsea :P

Posted this at the Chelsea forum.......

Goalkeepers

Out

Jurgen Macho

Neil Sullivan

In

Petr Cech

No question about Carlo's ability and with Cech on the way I see no room for Sullivan and Macho, especially after Ambrosio's run in the team. I also see no point in keeping Macho for the future, not when Cech is 21 and Pidgely is progressing well.

Goalkeepers for next season: Carlo Cudicini, Petr Cech, Marco Ambrosio and Lenny Pidgely (On-Loan)

Defenders

Out

Marcel Desailly

Mario Melchiot

Celestine Babayaro

In

Christian Chivu

I don't believe that Marcel Desailly, Mario Melchiot or Celestine Babayaro have much more to offer Chelsea, they've served the club well, but it's time for a change. At right back I would have Glen Johnson as first choice with Geremi as cover. On the left Wayne Bridge would be first choice with Christian Chivu able to fill in the role if need be, William Gallas can also play on both sides. Along with Gallas, John Terry would be first choice for central defence with Christian Chivu and Robert Huth providing competetion.

Defenders For Next Season: Glen Johnson, Geremi, Wayne Bridge, Christian Chivu, William Gallas, John Terry and Robert Huth

Midfielders

Out

Manu Petit

Mario Stanic

Jesper Gronkjaer

Juan Veron

In

David Beckham

Joaquin

Manu Petit and Mario Stanic can no longer compete at the level required, a late flurry of goals doesn't hide what has been an abysmul season from Gronks and although I am a huge fan of his, Juan Veron's heart has never been at Chelsea and he has never adapted to the English game. Our weak position for some time has been the right flank, not since Dan Petrescu have we had a decent right winger. My solution is similar to most; Joaquin and Beckham. Beckham is versatil enough to play in the middle should Frank need a rest and also provides good balance to the midfield and some superb service to the forwards. Joaquin sounds abit special and if he's as good as they say he is, then I'd take him. Duffers and Robben down the left, Lamps and Maka in the center with Parker competiting with Makelele and providing cover for Frank. Geremi and Joe Cole can also be called upon to the in the midfield.

Midfielders For Next Season: David Beckham, Joaquin, Damien Duff, Ajren Robben, Frank Lampard, Claude Makelele and Scott Parker

Forwards

Out

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Adrian Mutu

In

Fernando Torres

Adrian Mutu, like Veron, simply hasn't settled in the Prem, he's ran his heart out for the club, but I can't see him being the player Chelsea need him to be. Jimmy has been superb for Chelsea, and again I am a huge fan of his but sadly I feel it is time to move on, his best days are past him and he lacks the hunger and drive that he once possesed, it would take someone special to replace him, but I've got that someone; Fernanado Torres. Young, deadly in front of goals and full of enthusiasm, coming from the same team as Jimmy, he's capable of scoring as many as JFH has in his Chelsea career. I've always said a settled and fully fit Hernan Crespo would be the complete article up front, he'd be the player Van Nistelrooy wishes he could be. Eidur Gudjohnsen had probably his best season for the club last year, more of the same would be nice. Finally, Joe Cole had his best game for Chelsea against Leeds, playing just off of the main striker, making him hard to mark and hard to control for the opposition, he's not a goalscorer, but is he another Zola?

Forwards for next season: Hernan Crespo, Fernando Torres, Eidur Gudjohnsen and Joe Cole

Manager

Out

NONE!

In

NONE!

Ranners will do just fine thanks

So no Ronaldinho, no Schevchenko, no Walter Samuel and no new manager! Obviously it would be extremly hard bringing in Chivu, Beckham, Joaquin and Torres, but if anyone's got the money....it's us!

In Spain they say Arsenal are the clun he is joining, in France they are saying Chelsea

I would love for it not to be Chelsea however, because I know a Chelsea fan and he is always talking about Beckham joining, Scevhenko and Morientes. And if none go, then BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EGG ----------------------- FACE

According to reports circulating in the Italian press, Chelsea supremo Roman Abramovich is to meet with Milan officials this week with a view to the transfer of Manuel Rui Costa.

Abramovich has already been thwarted by Milan this season in his bid to land the prolific Ukrainian Andrei Shevchenko but could fare better in his attempts to snare the talented Portuguese playmaker.

Although both general manager Adriano Galliani and coach Carlo Ancelotti have expressed a desire to keep Rui Costa at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, the emergence of the brilliant Brazilian Kaka has reduced the player's influence in Milan.

With the Chelsea managerial hotseat likely to see Jose Mourinho installed at the expense of Claudio Ranieri in the summer, it has not gone unnoticed that the former Porto coach is a known admirer of Rui Costa.

Milan have been linked with a swoop for Stamford Bridge misfit Hernan Crespo in the summer, with a possible swap deal being mooted in some quarters.

However, it does now seems likely that Lazio's Bernardo Corradi is a more realistic target.

Source

I think this move could be beneficial to all parties. Milan gets the cash, Chelsea gets the player, and Rui Costa will not play second fiddle to Kaka.

I've given up trying to figure out who'd be a good buy for Chelsea any more. In the end I'll just sit back and see what happens...unless they let Lampard go, and then I'll be pissed.

Announcement of Claudio's sacking this Thursday, you know it's coming.