Ash vs Feeder

Liam

Simple question, which band is bigger in the UK, Feeder or Ash? This isn't a "which band is good or not?", but who the general lay-public in UK would know more off, or who is a bigger band with regards to airplay, CD sales, etc etc.

Just interested, as it stems from an argument I had on another forum.

Feeder seem to be bigger than Ash in the UK. I personally like Ash better, but that wasn't the question so I'll just shut up now.

At the moment they may be, as they just released an album. But, I'm talking in general.....

I just generally think not as many people have heard of Feeder, as Ash have been bigger for ages, sold more, and had a couple of Number 1 albums.

Having looked further, and done my research, Ash have had 2 number 1 albums (1977 and Free All Angels), whilst Feeder have had none. Neither have had a number 1, although I'm pretty sure they've both been close.

I just think that considering 1996 and 2001 were the years of Ash's Number 1's, and they are still selling strong, whilst Feeder only got big the last 2 albums, I just think more people would have heard of Ash, and they probably would have sold more all in all.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

In addition here is a list of the singles each band has released from everyhit.com.

Feeder

24 Feeder High Oct 1997

37 Feeder Suffocate Feb 1998  

31 Feeder Day In Day Out Apr 1999

22 Feeder Insomnia Jun 1999  

20 Feeder Yesterday Went Too Soon Aug 1999  

5 Feeder Buck Rogers Jan 2001  

14 Feeder Seven Days In The Sun Apr 2001  

27 Feeder Turn Jul 2001  

14 Feeder Come Back Around Oct 2002  

10 Feeder Just The Way I'm Feeling Jan 2003  

12 Feeder Forget About Tomorrow May 2003  

24 Feeder Find The Colour Oct 2003  

5 Feeder Tumble And Fall Jan 2005  

13 Feeder Feeling A Moment Apr 2005

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Personally, I haven't listened to either.

But considering I've heard of both, I'll say Feeder, just because.

But meh, I think that you should know that a chart position doesn't really equate to being a known band. Bands could never be on the top of the list and still be just as, if not more popular than a band who's had a #1 hit, etc.

Personally, I haven't listened to either.

But considering I've heard of both, I'll say Feeder, just because.

But meh, I think that you should know that a chart position doesn't really equate to being a known band. Bands could never be on the top of the list and still be just as, if not more popular than a band who's had a #1 hit, etc.

Considering I was asking about what the public, Joe Nobody type person thinks of the bands, generally album and chart position give a decent indication on how big the band is in the commercial sense.

Heard of both, not a fan of either, but I could sing a feeder song if that means anything.

Yeah, that was the girls argument, as she said more people could place a Feeder song.

Maybe its a case of Feeder being more recognisable, but Ash selling more for a longer period of time.

Ash are probably bigger I believe. They have the regular support and the 'rocker' support whereas Feeder are pretty much half and half in both from what i've come across. I hate Feeder and don't own an album or anything by them, however like Mudda I could sing one of their songs. Come on, everbody knows Buck Rogers (But then again everybody knows Burn Baby Burn).

Just got a brand new car.

Looks like a Jaguar.

It's got leather seats.

It's gotta CD player player player player player player.

That, Common People, Park Life and Champagne Supernova are my karaoke favourites (Just because Buck Rogers is piss as fuck and you're more than likely going to get people joining in).

Edited by Funk Odyssey

Burn Baby Burn > Buck Rogers....:P

Ash are also pretty good live, if a little uninspiring (they are good, and thats it......nothing over the top, nothing overly special)

EDIT: Oh, and I did Common People at Karaoke once.....I owned it!

Edited by rvdwannabe

Ash are also pretty good live, if a little uninspiring (they are good, and thats it......nothing over the top, nothing overly special)

Damn right. Burn Baby Burn is awesome.

I saw Ash at Leeds (I'm sure I saw them, I can't remember that far back. All I can remember is Dillinger Escape Plan, Bloc Party (for some strange reason) and Funeral for a Friend) and they weren't bad, I think.

And another Ash question. Can anybody recommend me an Ash CD to buy? I have Intergalactic Sonic 7s (The double CD). What other album would you recommend getting?

1977 and Free All Angeles both went to Number 1, so they could be worth checking out, but obviously they have songs on the Singles CD. If you want something fresh, get Meltdown, as it was released after the Singles CD, so it is all new stuff to you, and a good album.

Edited by rvdwannabe

1977 is my favourite Ash Album so i would definitely recommend that one. Everything else but Nu-clear sounds is pretty good in my opinion. I also have nu-clear sounds but it's nothing special. If you want names, there's Meltdown and Free All Angels as rvdwannabe said (and should have put it outside of the end of the quote :shifty: ), and there's also their first album trailer that would also get a B grade from me. It has ultra-catchy Jack names the planets, and since we're in a wrestling board it also has a song called Hulk Hogan bubblebath. :P

oh, and Burn Baby Burn > * ... well, not really but Burn Baby Burn > lots of stuff :shifty:

Edited by Malenko

1977 is my favourite Ash Album so i would definitely recommend that one. Everything else but Nu-clear sounds is pretty good in my opinion. I also have nu-clear sounds but it's nothing special. If you want names, there's Meltdown and Free All Angels as rvdwannabe said (and should have put it outside of the end of the quote  :shifty: ), and there's also their first album trailer that would also get a B grade from me. It has ultra-catchy Jack names the planets, and since we're in a wrestling board it also has a song called Hulk Hogan bubblebath. :P

oh, and Burn Baby Burn > *  ... well, not really but Burn Baby Burn > lots of stuff  :shifty:

Outside the quote...what are you on about :shifty: