So with all the next gen consoles out in the open

Docpepper

Dreamcast production was stopped completely since they had more of those things in the warehouses then what were selling.

I was referring more to software production, but I can see how that could be misinterpreted. I'm sure Sony isn't making PS1s anymore just like Nintendo isn't making NES machines anymore, but there are still developers out there making games, you just never hear about them.

Had my PS2 since very soon after it came out. Paid £330 for it and have a choice of about five games (Dead Or Alive, SSX etc).

For the last year and a half it's stopped playing some of my DVDs.

It also Disc Read Errors every now and again.

If I leave it in the same place for days on end and play it quite a lot it gets into some kind of routine and works a lot better but if I keep moving it around it busts up again.

I've opened it up numerous times to clean it out and sort out the laser which always improves it for a while....

Cos I'm married and therefore skint the wifehas suggested one of the new PS2s towards the end of the year and then a PS3 at a later date (not at launch).

Who am I to argue wth her....She has plenty of positive 'uses' :perv: