So with all the next gen consoles out in the open

Docpepper

Didn't Sony learn the lesson when it was proven that putting the console on it's side causes the discs to get scratched because it doesn't hold them in place or some shit?

I won't be putting the PS3 on it's side, even if they do mention about correcting it. :\

Oh, and I only care about the PS3 because XBox is Bill Gates and we all know about Windows and Revolution is Nintendo and while I don't have a problem with them, I haven't been pro-Ninentendo since the SNES.

yeah and the ps3 isn't coming out until next year right ? , I've heard several dates but not sure which one is the release date

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The only reason they'll release PS3 titles for the PS2 (in a lower form obviously) is so that people don't make out that they've been forced to upgrade, eventually (after about 6-12 months) thats stops, as you'd expect.

They don't make PS1 games anymore because no-one would actually buy them.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Same with me, I bought mine a few months after release, its still working, I even use the ever so harsh 'fliptop' which isn't exactly caring to the hardware aswell.

Anyway, im one of those people who thinks that the PS2 sold so well because the console itself is so poorly made that you have to buy a new one every few years because they fuck up so often. Disc Read Errors are a very common problem (Which Sony now charge $75 to correct, those lovely people) and your PS2 will eventually get them regardless of how well you treated it.

I only had to replace my PS2 once, and thats because of my pwn damn fault. I tripped over one of the wires, and pulled the entire setup (PS2, TV and CD Player) off the table.

:(

Disc Read Errors are a very common problem (Which Sony now charge $75 to correct, those lovely people) and your PS2 will eventually get them regardless of how well you treated it.

Wrong. Sony realized there was a problem with the disc read errors, and fix your system free of charge as long as you haven't done anything that would nullify a warranty. And they do it for free even if your 90 warranty has expired. Furthermore, as dragon mentioned, you only have to pay shipping, but Sony ships you an entirely refurbished system with a brand new Dual Shock 2 which covers the cost of shipping and handling.

cool I thought they stopped production of of ps1 games thats why I was asking

Production never really gets stopped on any system. In fact, there are people out there still making new games for the SNES, NES, and even Atari 2600. Of course, they're limited runs and rarely released commercially, but it's still being done by many independent developers. And as for the PS1, Sony was incredibly kind to that system for many years after the PS2's release, they churned out tons of games for the console. The last game reviewed on psx.ign.com was Final Fantasy Origins, which was released in April of 2003, three years after the launch of the PS2 in Japan. I think three extra years after a new console is released is pretty fucking impressive.