Official Roland Garros 2005 Thread

FLiam

I read about Agassi at school and it seemed really bad with his back and - I don't like him but I've been beginning to like him recently and he's gained respect from myself for how he refused to lose by forfeit and instead carried on desptie the pain - maybe that was stupid but he's never going to get back to his best now, so I'm sure he isn't as entirely bothered.

My Coria stuff is at the post office - one day after ordering - sexy :D.

As for Henman, well, everyone calls him crap but most of them just say it and have no idea about tennis and just like to be cynical and negative about anything - I keep forgiving Henman to myself, he loses but I regain my hope for him expecting him to do something good - much like his Roland Garros run last year where he lost to the deserved champion! Either way I'll probably get my hopes up for him at Wimbledon but he won't win.

Dayum. Up with the Coria!

EDIT: Also Hamstah, you really shouldn't put it off grunting because it isn't a way to put off the opponent, except for some who sort of grunt but either keep it going for ages, or slightly grunt but grunt again later on. Either way it's the player breathing out as they hit the ball, my coach makes a noise that goes "Eee-orr" so there you go, when I grunt is more just a "UH". I feel so terrible that I don't have a good grunt ¬_¬.

Edited by IAceI

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop gaying up the official thread with your man grunting <_<

Seriously though, Sharapova needs a fucking muzzle again. She had cut that nonsense out for the most part until recently. I think the pressure of possibly being world # 1 is getting to her. If Clijsters' knee holds up, I expect her to lift the trophy at the end.

On the men's side, Federer and Nadal looked great from what I saw, Henman sucks as always, Agassi needs to hang 'em up and lastly both Coria and Roddick will find ways to choke despite having dream draws here.

Only partly - Coria is still in.

Don't sprout shite such as "he was going to lose" because he wasn't - K? :P

And Acasuso is fast becoming one of my favourites, I used to like him when I heard of him playing in Satelitte events but seeing him against Roddick was just great. That backhand is like watching sex.

Don't you worry, Coria will fail to get it done before the tourney is over. Canas has a cakewalk of a draw now, and unless he Coria's it he'll be the freshest player left in the Semis, where he WILL knock your boy out . . . unless of course Coria chokes before then :shifty:

Death to naiwf - I vote public flaying.

Um - anyways, Moya is through - obviously his shoulder still isn't right but it sort of annoys me to see him plays the way he does which is usually very good but end up being taken the distance or in a tight match, I know you expect close, long matches on clay but this is Mota, his talent is awesome.

I was quite pleased to see Venus get dumped by an unknown 15 year old, thus ensuring that a Williams sister will not win the tournament. I haven't really been too impressed with what I've seen so far, but the second week looks like it could be pretty solid especially with Kimmy taking on Davenport in a winnable match for her.

One thing that has annoyed me about Eurosports coverage, is there insistance of avoiding showing the mens draw at all costs. Everytime I turn on, its the women. I have nothing against women's tennis, but forgive me for wanting to see Federer, Nadal, Coria, Grosjean (an old favourite of mine) etc)

Like yesterday, they show the shambles of a Davenport/Razzano (?) match, then go 'Oh, by the way, Federer and Gonzalez are having this amazing, must see match, (insert 2 mins of hype) lets show you the tiebreak.......' When they could have been showing the whole match, instead of the boring womens match.

Edited by timmayy

I'm the only one who thinks Nadal is becoming a complete pain in the ass?

I used to really like him, but when he suddenly started hanging with the big ones - so when he lost that 5 set match to Federer pretty much, he just turned into a bit of a pain because every game he wins he runs off doing stupid celebrations and when he wins a match he lies on the ground for like 3 days before getting up and shaking the opponents hand.

It's just urking me a bit.

I echo timmay's point.

I think it might be because Eurosport have the rights to the WTA tour so they show those matches more often and their commentators know more about that side.

It would be better if it were on BBC all the time and interactive really so we could choose our own game to watch. I hate Eurosport with a vengeance.

I'm ashamed to admit, I didn't know there were no fifth set tie-breaks until I started watching Canas/Mathieu.

Looking forward to the nest two matches, invloving Federer/Moya and Nadal/Grosjean.

Gotta love the bit of BBC coverage now, instead of bloody Eurosport!

Everyone else should just go home because this is Federer's title.

Except Coria, he should stay.

EDIT: "If Nadal was a stick of rock he'd have winner written all the way through him." :blink:

Edited by IAceI

That's because theres no strength and depth in Women's tennis :P

*Waits patiently for kaya to wander his way into the topic and give a 50 page essay as to why I was wrong*

Oooh, Nadal has lost a set, have to think the crowd has gotten to him slightly after what happened.

***EARLY MONDAY SPOILERS***

Finalists tumble; Gaudio, Coria ousted in Paris

May 30, 2005

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

PARIS -- Both 2004 men's finalists were eliminated Monday at the French Open.

Defending champion Gaston Gaudio blew a 4-0 lead in the last set and lost in four hours to No. 20 David Ferrer 2-6, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5), 5-7, 6-4.

"I got too nervous, I guess, and after that I couldn't do anything," Gaudio said. "Always to lose is disappointing. Losing like this is even worse."

No. 8 Guillermo Coria, beaten by Gaudio in last year's final, lost to No. 12 Nikolay Davydenko 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (7-1), 6-2.

On the men's side, both Coria and Roddick will find ways to choke despite having dream draws here.

Davydenko defeating Coria surprised me. I'm sad about it :(

David Ferrer vs Gaudio was a GREAT game. One of the best i've seen so far this year. I think Gaudio was viewed as a favourite for this game but i knew Ferrer could give him a hell of a challenge, and he did. Ferrer goes through.

Canas also went through without needing to play, but he would have won anyway :P

Nadal was great in his match against Grosjean. Grosjean wasn't that bad but Nadal is just amazing on Clay.

Puerta won and it also didn't surprise me.

Robredo vs Safin is currently 1-1 in Sets and 3-1 Robredo in the third. I hope Robredo wins it. If only Coria hadn't died (in his head) in the end of the third set it would have been a perfect day for me. I would have liked Gaudio to go through but i also like Ferrer so it's all good.