Nintendo to bring out 'NES classics' series

Timmoru Suzuki

Sorry if this is up, did a quick search and found nothing, so here goes:

On July 9th, Nintendo are re-releasing a series of NES classics for the GBA. The series will be called 'NES Classics GBA', and will retail for around £19.99 (not sure about an American release, they may already be out over there?). The games include:

* Legend of Zelda

* Ice Climber

* Pac-Man

* Bomberman

* Excitebike

* Super Mario Bro's

* Xevious

I presume more titles wil be added to the range. They will also release a version of the GBA that is modelled to look like the NES console. This will retain for around £90.

So, any thoughts?

I never had a NES, so are these games worth getting? Any games that should be included? Your general thoughts?

Again, sorry if this is old news, I just found out.

This series isn't too logical.

That may be true in some cases, there are some games (like I've said, never played them, I'm presuming here) in the series that are great like Super Mario Bro's and Zelda. Plus, with online retailers like Amazon, the games will be closer to £15 then £20, adding to the good value. For the price of a normal GBA game, you could have two good/great games like Super Mario Bro's and Zelda.

And whilst Pac-Man might not be the greatest of games, the series nees padding out a little (might seem a bit daft with just 2/3 games), and Pac-man is one of the more well known older game characters.

I do see your point though.

Anyway, are these games (or some of these games) good/worth getting?

Edited by timmayy

They are out in N. America already and have been out in Japan since January(series 2 is already out there)

This is for the nostalgia players who played these games growing up, but about Excitebike & Ice Climber who would pay that much for them when you can get an ereader and there packs for cheaper and the only difference is Ice Climber has a 2-player mode which don't matter that much too me

the system looks pretty cool

The system is a limited Edition and I don't know if it would come out in UK or not, but I agree it's a kick ass GBASP

classicnes_042304_001.jpg

Edited by Corizzle

Yeah, SMB3 has been available for GBA over here for quite some time now, and it's still my favourite game of all time.

Oh. They might be re-re releasing it then! Or maybe just sticking the 'NES Classics GBA' tag on it.

And yes, the NES style GBA console will be available in England.

Might get Zelda and Super Mario Bros. Is that a good/bad/indifferent idea?

Oh. They might be re-re releasing it then! Or maybe just sticking the 'NES Classics GBA' tag on it.

And yes, the NES style GBA console will be available in England.

Might get Zelda and Super Mario Bros. Is that a good/bad/indifferent idea?

Maybe they might stick the 'NES Classics' name on it, seeing as it's actually known as Super Mario Advance 4 (Or 3, not sure) at the moment.

NES-style GBA looks great, I might buy one seeing as I appear to have mislaid my GBA.

And I would love to play SMB1 on GBA that game rocks. Zelda too.