Help for my band at school

cram

yeah we're all bored of our songs that we're doing in my music class at school so we need some new material...we're open to pretty much anything style wise...the line-up is bass (me), drums, keyboard, 2 female vocalists, 2 guitarists andif we need there's a sax/clarinet player that we can use. our guitarists are not too into solos so if it's anything that's got massive solos all throughout then they'll probably not play it. any help is appreciated

cheers

With that lineup, how can you not cover Nightwish? :P Just don't fuck it up, or I'll piledrive you through something hard :shifty:

Some songs don't have long solos though. Some meaning most. You could always cut them out I guess, it's not like I'm ever going to hear it, so I won't cry :P

Edited by TheReilDeal

keep the ideas coming guys...we're definately not writing any songs because we don't need to...this is for our year 12 music class and we were specifically told to do some covers because the examiners at the end of the year only judge covers for some reason...well here's our current lineup

- The Fugees - 'Killing me Softly'

- No Doubt - 'Sunday Morning'

- The Beatles - 'Across the universe' (those bars of 5 beats...fucks me up every time)

- Blondie - 'call me'

- The Killers - 'indie rock 'n' roll'

- Lash - 'Take me away'

so we've got a mix of safe songs, slow songs and a few more power chord songs for our other guitarist...it's fucked up cuz our whole music class is the band. there's 8 in the class, 7 in the band and one sax player doing solo for his assessment so we can get him in if we need.

RAINING BLOOD

ON A LACERATED SKY

BLEEDING ITS HORROR

I

SHALL

REIGN

IN

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Doooooooooooooo it. You know you wanna!!

oh how i would love to see our singers do that...the rest of the band (minus the keyboard player obviously) are more than capable of learning that...meybie i could sing.........

*ponders*

.........Nah

Nightwish, damnit, Nightwish! You have two FEMALE vocalists, two guitarists, a bassist, a keyboard and a drummer. How can you NOT cover Nightwish? :(

Songs that shouldn't be too hard:

Over The Hills And Far Away (as long as your vocalists can actually sing)

Know Why The Nightingale Sings is fairly straightforward.

The Kinslayer has a nice riff, and there's nothing too difficult in it, but the vocal parts might be a bit annoying for the singers if they're not actually into opera :P

If you want something more "modern", and have someone who can do simple male vocals, Once is a great album to pick up for a taster of what I mean. Wish I Had An Angel in particular rocks. You could even have one of the females do Marco's lines I guess, so you won't need the male. Nemo is also a more "modern" song, and is ok.

If you don't like Nightwish, then the fact you have two vocalists screams Sonata Arctica. No band does dual-vocals better. Tallulah is one of my favourite songs ever. There's not much for anyone other than the keyboardist to do though, and it only has one vocalist, so not a good example :P

Victoria's Secret is awesome, and would work well.

Peacemaker too. Got a shotgun? :P

But there are loads of others, I just can't be arsed to list any more. I just realised I managed to only list one song that shows off the dual-vocalists :(

Edited by TheReilDeal

Hacksaw Decapitation. Its a song by Cannibal Corpse. <_<

Seriously, though, I'd suggest trying to do some stuff by Chicago. But stay the hell away from any of the stuff they did during the era where Peter Cetera was the lead singer, because the majority of that stuff was shit.

Or I Ran - the old A Flock Of Seagulls song (Bowling For Soup did a pretty good cover of it).

Or the Soft Cell classic, Tainted Love. That might work.