Matthew Vaughn Leaves X-3

Ananas

AICN EXCLUSIVE!! Major News On X-MEN 3! It’s Gonna Be A Bumpy Ride At Fox This Week!!

Hi, everyone. "Moriarty" here with some Rumblings From The Lab...

Did you hear that sound just now? I think that was the other shoe finally dropping...

In talking to people in and around the X-MEN camp over the last month or so, it became obvious that Matthew Vaughn was really excited about making an X-MEN movie, but that he was also feeling a lot of pressure regarding this particular X-MEN movie’s production schedule. As with any film of this size, there were a lot of people exerting control over the film, and Matthew dug in for a series of important fights. He managed to convince the studio to cast Kelsey Grammer as The Beast, something that he was very proud of, and together with Zak Penn and Simon Kinsberg, he worked on the script that has evidently had the actors all excited about what they’re going to get to do. It looked like Matthew had finally reached a point where he was confident that the film could be made the right way in the time they had to make it, and he sounded ready to go. Now, nine weeks out, we’ve got word that Vaughn is off the film and on his way back to England. As soon as I heard this, I called Marvel Studios to get their reaction, and I ended up talking with Avi Arad, who confirmed that Vaughn has indeed left the film.

”This is not a case of creative differences,” Avi said. “This is a personal decision by Matthew, and I can tell you that he is heartbroken. He loved this material, and he wanted to make this film.” Vaughn has evidently already left to deal with whatever personal issue requires his attention, and Marvel and Fox are expected to make an announcement in the next few days regarding both the casting of Angel (who plays “a major role” in the film, according to Avi) and the new director, who may actually be someone who had circled the film earlier but who wasn’t available at that point.

Hey... didn’t Joss Whedon just finish SERENITY?

Excuse me. Just thinking out loud. Whoever steps in, they’re going to have to hit the ground running. Avi says that they’re still committed to starting work on the film in nine weeks in Vancouver, and they’re still planning to have the film in release on Memorial Day 2006. “We think this is better than either part 1 or 2,” Avi said. “This is the most controversial, classic X-MEN story we may ever tell, and I can’t wait until people hear the big idea that holds this all together.” At the rate these guys are moving, we’re not going to have to wait long at all. More as the story develops...

"Moriarty" out.

Well, since were on the subject of X-3... Does anyone know why James Marsden isn't coming back as Cyclops? I mean, there's still a chance for him to sign up, but why hasn't he already?

Kelsey Grammer as Beast?

Hmm, maybe if ol' Hank's sticking to the lab setting, but Kelsey doesn't exactly seem action movie material, even if he is under pounds and pounds of makeup.

Man, this X3 has gone through hell....but I am excited about what they're saying about the potential of this film, lets just hope they deliver.

Ain't-It-Cool-News has learned that 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios have narrowed the position for X-Men 3 director down to two names. Matthew Vaughn left the production earlier this week due to personal reasons.

The site says that the director's chair will either go to John Moore, who helmed both Behind Enemy Lines and Flight of the Phoenix for Fox, or to Brett Ratner, best known for the "Rush Hour" films and who has also directed such films as After the Sunset and Red Dragon.

Stay tuned for when one of these names will be confirmed.

Kelsey Grammer as Beast?

Hmm, maybe if ol' Hank's sticking to the lab setting, but Kelsey doesn't exactly seem action movie material, even if he is under pounds and pounds of makeup.

Well, they could just do Beast without the fur. I think it'd piss off a lot of fans, but it's an option. I'm just happy that Beast AND Angel are going to be in the film. Now all we need is Gambit.

Ain't-It-Cool-News has learned that 20th Century Fox and Marvel Studios have narrowed the position for X-Men 3 director down to two names. Matthew Vaughn left the production earlier this week due to personal reasons.

The site says that the director's chair will either go to John Moore, who helmed both Behind Enemy Lines and Flight of the Phoenix for Fox, or to Brett Ratner, best known for the "Rush Hour" films and who has also directed such films as After the Sunset and Red Dragon.

And all your dreams have just been officially crushed..

20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment set Brett Ratner on Friday night to replace Matthew Vaughn as the director of X-Men 3, reports Variety. Shooting will start in August for a Memorial Day weekend 2006 opening date.

A comic book enthusiast, Ratner was among the helmers considered to direct the first X-Men. The job went to Bryan Singer instead. Ratner then spent a full year developing Superman Returns, the film that ultimately prompted Singer to drop out of directing "X3."

The trade adds that the "X3" budget is locked, and Fox and Marvel brass consider the script by Zak Penn and Simon Kinberg to be at least as strong as that of the first two installments. The original returning stars have been signed, and the cast is bolstered by Kelsey Grammer as Beast, Vinnie Jones as Juggernaut and Lost star Maggie Grace as Kitty Pryde (aka Shadowcat).

Fox's hiring of Ratner also means that Rush Hour 3 will most certainly miss New Line's projected fall start and summer 2006 release dates. Ratner directed the first two films in that series and seemed certain to make the third, but Chris Tucker's unwillingness to sign his $20 million deal in timely fashion scotched those plans.

VINNE JONES?

Bwahahaha.

My sentiments exactly...and fuck you for getting here before I did to say so!

Oh, and who the hell is Maggie Grace?

maggiegrace.jpg

Sorry, that is NOT Kitty Pryde. Please, re-cast. How about the give the role to the girl who actually played her in the first one? She looks more "Kitty Prydey" if that makes sense.

The fact Vinnie Jones even gets roles makes me wanna cry, and the casting of Kitty Pryde just looks wrong to me. Kitty needs to look at least a little bit vulnerable, not like a super model.

The first girl looked like she could be Kitty, however, she probably didn't have the acting skill, so they had to get someone else. I don't think Maggie's the best choice, but she might wow us. But as for Vinne Jones.. why? Mean Machine was brilliant, but Vinne Jones in X3.. he better be ready to set the world on fire.

The first girl looked like she could be Kitty, however, she probably didn't have the acting skill, so they had to get someone else. I don't think Maggie's the best choice, but she might wow us. But as for Vinne Jones.. why? Mean Machine was brilliant, but Vinne Jones in X3.. he better be ready to set the world on fire.

Juggernaut SCREAMS for a big muscular guy to play him. Vinnie Jones isn't exactly muscular. Juggernaut is suppose to be a massive guy, if the film Juggernaut doesn't stay faithful to the comic Juggernaut, I'm gonna kill someone.

I know that. That's why the only thing that will save it, is if Vinnie hits out an amazing performance. <_< It's unsaveable.

Yup, the Earth is doomed. Uh, I mean the role.

So, is Cyclops even going to be in the film? I mean, he HAS to be. I know James Marsden is doing Superman so probably won't be in. I've heard he would accept a small role, but if you ask me Cyclops NEEDS to be a a major character in X-Men 3, especially if they're going to route of the Phoenix saga, which it clearly seems to be, Cyclops in a 'minor role' would be ridiculous. The whole story would be ruined. They need to make an announcement about James Marsden/Cyclops soon.

Cyclops will die.

Wolverine will step in as Jean's/Phoenix's new lover.

¬.¬

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

¬_¬

Marsden Would Do X-Men 3 for Free

Source: The Advocate May 11, 2005

The Advocate talked to James Marsden, who played Cyclops in the first two X-Men films, about the third installment:

Will you play Cyclops in X-Men 3?

"It's very complicated. I want nothing more than to be a part of X-Men 3, especially since they're probably going into the Dark Phoenix saga, which would include my character a lot, but the schedule might conflict. I hope it all works out. I told them I'd do it for free."

Found that on the IMDB message board. Like I said, he should have a major part or James Marsden shouldn't be in it.