June Contest

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's really no need for that at the minute, perhaps in the later contests. As it stands both myself and IWC have volunteered to judge, that along with AJ's scores would be enough.

I've already sent my scores via PM and I hope AJ can find some-one else rather than IWC to cast the final votes, unlike myself he has a rather good chance of winning the contest if he keeps his entry instead of judging.

Good contest this month, plenty of competition. Keep it up! Here's your results:

post-2-1121940551.gif

Also comments on (most of) the entries by muddatrucker:

IWC - 8.5/10, obviously I don't truely believe the fox is actually riding the horse, but thats not the point, its comical, its creative, its the donkeys danglers.

Jules - 7/10, to me, this was an obvious song to choose, infact a very simplistic topic to pick, not much is going on, but it looks nice and I like the text, so it gets a decent score.

Alldawson - 7/10, im always a big fan of his effects on borders and text, the major let down is the cut of the girl, it could look more real, but I suppose it doesn't need to be, because it still works, I love the border.

Viper - 5/10, no border, hurts my eyes, not a fan of the flow on the text or the box its in, I don't like the lyrics either, ermmm, sorry.

Infinite Fire - 5.5/10. it was a decent enough concept, but it hasn't been pulled off especially well, I know there isn't much space for their heads, but it makes some of them look disabled, I like the last inch of it though.

public enemy - 6/10, it doesn't look like you've done much, which is fair enough if it looks good, but I'm not overly keen, you seem to use the same font too often too, it doesn't work well here.

dochappy - 8/10, I think doc is extremely limited when not making graphics in this style and whilst I'm not a massive fan of these type of pieces, I can't fault that it looks good, I don't like the text though.

flowzen king - 6.5/10, I won't lie, I absolutely despise the size, especially since I've had to go back to AOL dialup, I'm not particularly keen on the actual eye or blood, but you score points for making the text look part of the graphic, rather than some generic clapped on cockrubble.

Ol' Spanktooth - 404 Not found.

Pepsi Punk - 3/10, good job at creating a graphical epileptic fit, you can pay the bill for my new set of eyes too. Too much text,just slapped on.

Norris Scott - 7.5/10, I like the contrasting text and how it fits with the colour scheme, I wish the couple were more noticable but at the same time not out of place though.

HFD - 5.5/10, doesn't look like blood, far too dull, don't think the text fits either, looks like a portrait a girl would have on her bedroom wall.

AWitts - 6/10, the border doesn't work when enlarged, would of looked better set on a different coloured webpage or something, the blurry bg and the cut is an alright effect, shame the girls not beautiful and the text is atrocious though.

Jimmy the Exploder - 8/10, clicking the link was a shock, can't say much about it, I don't enjoy looking at it, but I know its good. Strangely the grid works.

Johnny Perfect - 6.5/10, very simple, I'm sure the jacko picture is available on just a white background and all though the bg is subtle but nice, its still a little plain. It looks good, but yeah a bit bland.

Paidy - 6.5/10, I'm not overly keen, haven't got much else to say.

Morcello - 6/10, its alright, not much going on, but its not so shit that I can't stand to look at it.

theonemankliq - 5/10, I won't lie, I think its rubbish.

DBD - 7/10, looks nice enough, don't like the text though.

Livid

Living Legend - 6/10, surprisingly I don't hate it, but I don't like it either, the text especially annoys me.

Edited by muddatrucker

9th for me, lowest I've gotten yet. Wish Benji left reasons too though, I got a 4 from him o.o

Damn, Benji was a harsh judge on everyone looking over that, too.

9th for me, lowest I've gotten yet. Wish Benji left reasons too though, I got a 4 from him o.o

Damn, Benji was a harsh judge on everyone looking over that, too.

I would've left reasons but I was trying to get them to AJ so he could post results, I'm harsh, it's true, but only because I love you all and love to see you better yourselves :shifty: