Man United Thread

Jook

I can't beleive Man Utd drew 0-0 with Everton, every season they seem to get worse and worse.

Here's an interesting stat, Last time they had a bad start like this was in 1992/1993, and they won the title that year...

And we all know how....

EDIT:- **wonders just how many Manure fans don't know how.......damn glory hunters**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was a good decision to sign Rooney. At the start I didn't really want him top come because I thought we might have had a goalscorer in Bellion and Saha but after the Everton I realised we needed someone with that little bit of firepower like Rooney.

I can't beleive Man Utd drew 0-0 with Everton, every season they seem to get worse and worse.

Here's an interesting stat, Last time they had a bad start like this was in 1992/1993, and they won the title that year...

And we all know how....

EDIT:- **wonders just how many Manure fans don't know how.......damn glory hunters**

You do know that all the kids nowadays support Arsenal? You're the glory hunters of the new generation :P

• 2 weeks later...

United are done this season, simple as.

There is NO way back at all. Arsenal are awesome, simple as. There is no way Arsenal are losing more than three games this season, which basically means United don't really stand any chance of coming back. In my opinion Arsenal will go undefeated again. United could have challenged for the title, but Ferguson has fucked up the whole team big time, plus Ruud has been out so long that it's such a huge blow. Champions League is there last chance of real glory for this season.

Also I heard Bellion cheated to score in the game yesterday, is it true? If so, how the heck can anyone say United deserved to win?

Guest Red Devil

I i've counted it right we're only 9 points behind Arsenal who still have to face us twice, face Chelsea twice and IIRC still have to face Liverpool/Newcastle twice. They haven't had any of the big teams yet so saying they're great this season isn't really founded. Last season they were great and this season they're on form against the lesser teams but i want to see Arsenal go up against one of the big teams.

We've still got Rio to come back, Rooney will be back and then Ruud will have to get back to full fitness. Add in Saha and our team should be back fully fit. This isn't going to be our month so all the points we can scrape together this month will be good enough. From next month we have to go out and play like we can and IMO we will give Arsenal a run for their money and get our title back.

Neville out for a month

Gary Neville has been ruled out for four weeks with a hairline fracture of the kneecap.

Neville picked up the injury during England's 2-1 win over Poland last Wednesday and Sir Alex Ferguson had hoped the 29-year-old would be fit for this week's Champions League opener with Lyon.

However, not only has that hope been dashed, Ferguson has also learned his veteran full-back must sit out Premiership games against Liverpool, Tottenham and Middlesbrough, the Champions League encounter with Fenerbahce on September 27 and almost certainly England's World Cup double-header with Wales and Azerbaijan next month.

'Gary has a hairline fracture in his left knee cap and we expect him to be out for between three and four weeks,' said a United spokeswoman.

It is yet another shattering blow to a season that has begun amid a catalogue of injuries, suspensions and Olympic absences.

Ruud van Nistelrooy, Wes Brown and Roy Keane have all sat out Premiership games through injury this season, Louis Saha and Wayne Rooney are currently sidelined, while Rio Ferdinand is not free to return until next Monday following his eight-month ban.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Gabriel Heinze were in Greece with Portugal and Argentina when the new season began and the collective absences have been keenly felt.

Saturday's 2-2 draw at Bolton means United have mustered just one win from their opening five Premiership games and Ferguson's side have already fallen nine points behind champions Arsenal.

The Red Devils boss at least knows he has a ready-made replacement for Neville in brother Phil, who took over the role at the Reebok Stadium.

Well 2-2 out of what looked like a 2-0 loss was an ok result.

Howard, Djemba and O'Shea should all be dropped for the game against Liverpool.

Heinze, Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy were the only United players that played at the proper level you would expect from united players.

Team I would like to see for the Liverpool game:

Caroll

Brown Ferdinand Silvestre Heinze

Ronaldo Keane Scholes Giggs

Van Nistelrooy Smith

United really should have picked up the win last night, they were clearly the better team throughout. Allthough a draw isn't the best of results, you gotta bare in mind that they were 2 - 0 down at half time and that this was an away game. That said, two away goals and a draw isn't a bad start...Hopefully a sign of good things to come.

Didn't see all of the game, but it seemed like a kind of close game even though United did seem to be playing better. The pitch looked fucking awful too and I hopefully in the rematch the condition and weather is better.

United still didn't impress me though, and they still need to improve.

Good performance by Man Utd last night. Looked solid at the back and down the wings were a threat. Ronaldo had yet another great match last night. We could have scored more than just the 2 we did and deserved to win the match. We out played Liverpool and during the first half looked like the Manchester United that took apart teams of old. First 10 of 2nd half was a little wobbly but from then on we looked comfortable. Just shows the difference Rio makes as the team seemed a lot more confident going forward knowing he was back there to deal with any problems. All that needs to be done now is to drop O'Shea and we'll be very strong indeed.

Also I dont see why people say Liverpool played well and that it was an even contest. Manchester United had most of the possesion and Liverpool lacked any attacking ideas other than a 10 minute spell at the beginning of the second half.

Shouldhave been more last night, Liverpool hardly threatened and we created countless chances, especially first half. Also caught twopoint up on both Arsenal and Chelsea. Not a bad weekend considering we're already "out of it".

Ronaldo, Rio and Keano were awesome last night, Heinze played well too. I just don't understand why Smith is on the bench when John O'Shea starts in centre mid. I mean, what the fuck is with fergie and that crap one up front system? We play way better with a straight 4-4-2 and the sooner we go back to that, the better.

Manchester United 1 - Tottenham Hotspur 0

Scrappy game from any perspective, not the same United that dominated Liverpool that's for sure. Nonetheless it was a decent victory but should have been from a much wider margin. Spurs never threatened and defended horribly with the Penalty decision being a clear example of this. A lot of dispute came over the Penalty as it was little the foul itself but what came before it that led to the decision. The offside goal was another questionable aspect as to whether or not he was offside when the ball was played. To me it didn't look like it but I guess the linesman had as good as view as anybody. All in all it was a poor enough match but a decent victory given the circumstances...