Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest muddatrucker

I think you'd be very lucky to get that much for him, you paid over the odds for him in the first place and you'd get more than you paid and not much. In this instance I don't think the long contract counts for much, he's hated in this country even more than before and I think he could use that in his favour, saying how he's being forced out of the club and what not.

But its Real Madrid, they'd pay £30million for a bag of soggy old prunes.

Considering how much he's improved as a player under us, I think it'd only be right we'd get around double what we paid for him. (Whether that was over the odds or not.)

Playing in England's done more for him than somewhere like Spain would ever do. He's toughened up and even looks a lot bulkier than he did in seasons gone by, though you wouldn't think it from his performances with Portugal where he's practically encouraged to cheat. :ohwell:

We should be holding out for as much as possible, given the circumstances. It's been made clear that he's one of the young player's the club wants to build around and that should be no different until we get the right price. Like you said, it is Real Madrid we're dealing with here...

I think the fact that he's said he wants to leave will reduce his fee a bit. Also the fact that as a player, his reputation has been damaged by his "performaces" at the World Cup. As a footballer, he is good. As a complete player, his diving and cheating will work against him, and also quite probably, against Man Utd.

I think £24M is way out of your reach. However, I think £16M - £20M is more accurate.

Its always bad to see top players go but I'd rather Ronaldo went and Rooney and Ruud stayed at Old Trafford. Plus a decent fee for him means we could find a decent replacement for him. perhaps Camoranesi if Juve get relegated, or maybe Joaquin though he would probably cost as much as we would get for Ronaldo.

Can't really see us being able to hold onto him. It's not like the Beckham situation where the Man United fans got behind him, I really dont think anyone is so keen on him now especially when you consider how he is completely unpredictable. Would rather have a consistent player that hasn't got such a big name but actually makes the team play better than a galatico that does a few step overs and then falls over.

I think the fact that he's said he wants to leave will reduce his fee a bit. Also the fact that as a player, his reputation has been damaged by his "performaces" at the World Cup. As a footballer, he is good. As a complete player, his diving and cheating will work against him, and also quite probably, against Man Utd.

I think £24M is way out of your reach. However, I think £16M - £20M is more accurate.

Like I said elsewhere, I don't think I want to see him go, despite the hatred that he's going to have to endure. We've put up with stepovers and tricks for the last few years and now he owes Man Utd a good season in my view.

However, if him leaving to Madrid meant maybe Utd could have Beckham back in return, that'd be awesome. >_>

Update on the Ronaldo situation;

United: Ronaldo not for sale

Manchester United insist there is 'no possibility' of Cristiano Ronaldo being sold to Real Madrid.

Ronaldo has been heavily tipped to leave Old Trafford before the start of the season after being put up as a hate figure for his World Cup contribution.

The Portuguese winger was criticised for his supposed role in Wayne Rooney's sending off during England's quarter final exit.

He has suggested that the press campaign against him will make it difficult to continue his career in The Premiership.

The 21-year-old has targeted a move to Spain, with Real understood to be his preferred destination, although an interest from Barcelona has been alluded to.

New Real president Ramon Calderon would be prepared to back a bid for Ronaldo, who cost United £12 million three years ago, if coach Fabio Capello wants the exciting wide man.

But The Red Devils have issued a hands-off warning to any suitors of the former Sporting Lisbon starlet after confirming he is not for sale.

"Manchester United has noted the increasing media speculation over the future of Cristiano Ronaldo," read a statement on the club's official website.

"The club can confirm there is no possibility of Cristiano being sold. Cristiano recently signed a new contract until 2010 and the cub fully expects him to honour that contract.

"The club will not listen to any offers for Cristiano.

"Cristiano is one of the brightest young stars in world football as demonstrated by his performances at the World Cup and Manchester United is not in the business of selling their best young players."