Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean when Ronaldo's ankles got clipped by himself?

I just really am fucking tired of Mancs, I really am, they are so blatant cheaters it is ridiculous. They fuckin go on about Porto, they wear fucking blinkers

I just really am fucking tired of Arsenal fans, I really am, they are so blatant cheaters it is ridiculous. They fuckin go on about diving when they do it themselves, they wear fucking blinkers.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson feels Liverpool's Steven Gerrard is ready to take over from Roy Keane as the finest midfielder in The Premiership.

The Scottish tactician, who is looking to reshape his squad over the summer, feels Gerrard is probably out of reach in terms of prising him away from Anfield but has made no secret of his admiration for the England international.

Ferguson was also quick to praise Arsenal titan Patrick Vieira, but he feels Gerrard does more for the team than the French superstar.

"If you were looking for the player you would replace Keane with, it's Gerrard, without question," Ferguson told The Sunday Times. "He has become the most influential player in England, bar none.

"Not that Vieira lacks anything, but I think that Gerrard does more for his team than Vieira does.

"To me, Gerrard is Keane; he is now where Keane was when Roy came to us in 1994. I've watched him quite a lot, and everywhere the ball is, he seems to be there.

"He's got that unbelievable engine, desire, determination. Anyone would take Gerrard.

"Vieira has done that job for Arsenal for two or three years. But you can see Gerrard rising and rising."

Keane is still the driving force at Old Trafford but he is very much in the autumn of his career.

Ferguson is sure to be making plans for life without Keane, but he would face a huge battle to lure Kop favourite Gerrard away from Liverpool

Source

Unlikely that Sir Alex will be able to prise Gerrard to OT, but it's possible, albeit it being slim.

Nah, it won't happen, it is more likely that you get Beckham back than you signing him, I just don't see him leaving to join you.

You seem to assume me being a Man Utd fan.

Actually, I'm a Chelsea fan. :D

Abramovich should sell Makelele and bring in Stevie to replace him. That'll please a lot of Chelsea fans. :P

Leeds have revealed that they have rejected two bids from Manchester United for star striker Alan Smith.

United are keen on signing the England international following Leeds' relegation from The Premiership.

The Old Trafford outfit had their first offer of £3.5 million rejected by Leeds and they have also snubbed their improved second bid of £5.5 million.

"The offers by Manchester United substantially undervalue Alan Smith's position as a Premiership player," said a Leeds spokesman.

"He is worth far more than what Manchester United are prepared to pay for him both offers were rejected immediately."

Smith seems certain to leave Elland Road and United appear to be favourites for his signature although Liverpool are believed to have made discreet enquiries for the hit-man.

With Emile Heskey leaving Anfield for Birmingham, Reds boss Gerard Houllier has funds available to bolster his squad and he is a big fan of Smith.

Leeds fans would be prefer to see Smith go to Liverpool as it would cause much outrage among supporters if he was to make the switch to Manchester United.

Leeds value Smith in a the £10 million bracket, but United will be hoping to agree a deal with the Yorkshire club to see Smith join former team-mate Rio Ferdinand at Old Trafford.

Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Valencia and Juventus have also been linked with Smith and Leeds will be hoping that United's offers will now spark a bidding war for the player.

Source

How is Man Utd going to fit Saha, RVD and Smith into the starting lineup? Does this mean Saha or Smith is going to be benched? Or is Van Nistelrooy going to be sold?

I think they know RVN is on the way out.

But for me the best thing is that Leeds are willing to reject bids. They sold Robinson for far too little and I think that they should seel Smith for as much as possible. I think with the love Smith has for the club he would want to see himself go for a high price tag to help Leeds.

How is Man Utd going to fit Saha, RVD and Smith into the starting lineup? Does this mean Saha or Smith is going to be benched? Or is Van Nistelrooy going to be sold?

Ha...you said RVD when you meant RVN :D!

That's only three strikers. Seen as Fergie has lost all hope with Forlan seemingly, and the fact that Ole Solskjaer is probably off, you won't really have enough. Three strikers is an ok ammount, but if one of them get's injured or suspended, you're fucked.

Smith would probably be the one who sits on the bench, as he isn't as talented as Saha, and isn't as good at marking the 'keeper...um, scoring as Van Nistelrooy.

Ha...you said RVD when you meant RVN :D!

That's only three strikers. Seen as Fergie has lost all hope with Forlan seemingly, and the fact that Ole Solskjaer is probably off, you won't really have enough. Three strikers is an ok ammount, but if one of them get's injured or suspended, you're fucked.

Smith would probably be the one who sits on the bench, as he isn't as talented as Saha, and isn't as good at marking the 'keeper...um, scoring as Van Nistelrooy.

*clicks 'EDIT' to make Monkey Molester look stupid :P *

Anyways, would Smith or Saha be content with a role on the bench? Smith said he wanted to move from Leeds for his international good. But if he ain't playing regular first team football, how the hell is he going to be picked by Sven? (Unless your name begins with 'Nicky' and ends with 'Butt')

Edited by G-O-D

Guest Red Devil

I think he would easily fit in, Fergie likes to rotate the squad and with RVN as the main striker and Smith and Saha rotating and Diego as the fourth choice we have a great strike force and I'll be a very happy man if Smith comes to us.

I think he would easily fit in, Fergie likes to rotate the squad and with RVN as the main striker and Smith and Saha rotating and Diego as the fourth choice we have a great strike force and I'll be a very happy man if Smith comes to us.

I don't know if he will following the reaction Rio Ferdinand got. One of the most important things to Smith is how Leeds and the Leeds fans percieve him. He has already says he wants to rejoin Leeds when they make it back to the Premiership.

Its all well saying that you want to go back but whatever club signs him - whether its Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle whoever - aren't going to want to let go of him so soon after. Presumably Leeds won't have that much money to spend either.

When Jermaine Defoe said he was leaving when West Ham went down there was unneeded outrage, Smith is still respected. I think that shows Leeds fans and board, to some extent, in a positive light.

Sounding incredibly cliche, I'd say Man Utd desperately need a new midfielder though, having seen them this year they (obviously) miss the service Mr. Beckham gave them.

Guest Red Devil

I don't know if he will following the reaction Rio Ferdinand got. One of the most important things to Smith is how Leeds and the Leeds fans percieve him. He has already says he wants to rejoin Leeds when they make it back to the Premiership.

I can't remember where he said it but Smith said that even though he loves Leeds he will now do whats best for himself and if that means joing a rival club then so be it.

MANCHESTER UNITED boss Sir Alex Ferguson has clinched a £6million deal for Argentina defender Gabriel Heinze.

The Paris St Germain centre-back is a no-nonsense hard-man in the style of Jaap Stam and is the surprise solution to United's problems in defence. The 26-year-old, who has just broken into his national team but also has a German passport, is expected to complete the move within days.

He is likely to find Alan Smith among his new team-mates at Old Trafford, despite a £7m bid from Everton for the Leeds striker.

United have struggled to find a replacement for Stam since he was dramatically sold after his claims in The Mirror that he was "tapped up" by Ferguson before he signed.

Heinze, who plays on the left side of central defence, is seen as an ideal partner for Rio Ferdinand, with Mikael Silvestre returning to left back.

United fans may be surprised at the capture, but Heinze - who has also played for Valladolid in Spain and Portugal's Sporting Lisbon - is highly-rated. He has been chased before by English clubs, but was rated too expensive.

However, his price is dropping as his contract runs out in two years' time. He could arrive at the same time as Smith.

Despite Everton's interest, Leeds had further talks with United yesterday and their board meets today to discuss bids for the forward.

Chairman Gerald Krasner said: "There are offers from all around the place for Alan Smith, and not just from Manchester United."

--------------------------------

Just found that at some othr forums, no proper source. Hopefully it's true though.

Sky Sports has it written like this:

Manchester United are reportedly lining up a swoop for Paris Saint Germain's Argentine defender Gabriel Heinze.

The 26-year-old central defender has two years left on his deal at Parc des Princes but is widely expected to leave this summer.

He had been strongly linked with a move to Spanish - and Uefa Cup - champions Valencia, but United have now emerged as shock rivals for his signature.

The stopper, who joined PSG in the summer of 2001 from Real Valladolid, came close to leaving the French capital last summer when Barcelona expressed an interest in buying him.

However, PSG placed a massive price-tag on his head to keep him, leading Barca to move instead for Monaco's Rafael Marquez.

The player admitted at the time, though, that he was ultimately keen to leave the Parisien outfit to join a bigger club.

"Every player has the dream of playing for a big club. I was lucky enough to get an offer but because of different reasons the transfer failed," he stated.

"This is something that is really sad and although I can't really believe it I now have to accept the situation."

The chance to clinch a move to Old Trafford would surely appeal to the ambitious South American, and reports claim Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to spend £6 million to land his man.

A naturally left-sided player, Heinze would compliment Rio Ferdinand in the heart of the Manchester United rearguard, allowing Mikael Silvestre to switch back to left-back.

Looks like he may well be coming here. But more importantly.......FA Cup final tommorrow :D

Guest Red Devil

If we can sign him and Smith we have a really good chance of getting back the Premiership trophy next season but i think United still need to sign a big name to bolster their team, a midfielder would be ideal so hopefully Fergie keeps on spending.