Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beckhams overated but without him this season United have been in the shit. Ruud aint getting the service, hopefully United get Van Der Vaart in the summer and a good defender. Also if Ruud leaves maybe United could get Christian Vieri :-\

We'll see.

I can see United blowing it against Millwall for the FA Cup :( I hate to say it but it could happen.

If Arsenal are in debt, they have a very funny way of showing it. Splashing out 25m half-way through the season isn't exactly Leeds United-like.

Try 9 million up front. Increasing to 17million when various things occur (playing a certain number of games and scoring a certain number of goals).

By paying different amounts at diffeent times we are managing our finances - which are under control now.

I don't get why people are bashing ALL of Uniteds signings this season, since Ronaldo and Howard have probablly been thier best players throughout the season, and Saha has not peformed badly at all since he signed. And as for Djemba x2, Kleberson and Bellion, they just haven't played anough games to show us if they were worthy signings or not.

But i do agree that Fergie should have focused on securing one or two big names before even looking at younger, unknown talent.

Beckhams overated but without him this season United have been in the shit. Ruud aint getting the service, hopefully United get Van Der Vaart in the summer and a good defender. Also if Ruud leaves maybe United could get Christian Vieri :-\

We'll see.

I can see United blowing it against Millwall for the FA Cup :( I hate to say it but it could happen.

Take them words back now. Beckham is far from over rated you fool. I don't care on anyones opinion here because at the end of the day he is without a doubt one of the best in the world. I can't name a single better right midfielded player, I can't hardly name any better midfielders to that point. Yeah there are a few, but to call Beckham over rated is like saying Pele was never that good.

Oh and Man United are no longer the richest club in the world or whatever :P We, Juventus, are :P

Guest I Bleed Red

Take them words back now. Beckham is far from over rated you fool. I don't care on anyones opinion here because at the end of the day he is without a doubt one of the best in the world. I can't name a single better right midfielded player, I can't hardly name any better midfielders to that point. Yeah there are a few, but to call Beckham over rated is like saying Pele was never that good.

Well, I can give you already a better right midfielder than Beckham. He happens to play on the same team as him too, goes by the name of Figo. You can't argue that either, because if Beckham were better at right mid, then he would be playing there instead of Figo. But instead, Beckham is playing central mid, in a defensive role, which is just a joke.

The only thing Beckham is good at is crossing and free kicks. other then that he's pretty bad.

and here's a list of players better then he at midfield.

ZIDANE

Figo

Davids

Vieiria (spelled that wrong, oh well)

Keane

Nedved

Giggs

Lampard

Gerrard

Pires

Ronaldhino

Scholes

then there's a ton of players from holland and spain that aren't in there as well...

Well, I can give you already a better right midfielder than Beckham.  He happens to play on the same team as him too, goes by the name of Figo.  You can't argue that either, because if Beckham were better at right mid, then he would be playing there instead of Figo.  But instead, Beckham is playing central mid, in a defensive role, which is just a joke.

The only thing Beckham is good at is crossing and free kicks.  other then that he's pretty bad.

and here's a list of players better then he at midfield.

ZIDANE

Figo

Davids

Vieiria (spelled that wrong, oh well)

Keane

Nedved

Giggs

Lampard

Gerrard

Pires

Ronaldhino

Scholes

then there's a ton of players from holland and spain that aren't in there as well...

All great midfielders, but for a start I can't class any off them as a better midfielder than Becks. Answer me one thing, is that list there a fact or an opinion? Because for a start you have Davids on it. Now yeah Davids is brilliant, heck he played for us, but why the heck is he on the list? He is like retiring at the end of the season and has gone from very good to very bad too be honest. He rarely does much for Barcalona either. Then the rest of the players on the list don't even play in his posistion, apart from Figo like you said and still he is close to retirement, while Becks has many years left in him. You forget that without him that so called famous 99 treble wouldn't have been happening my friend.

ARE you kidding me? Davids rarely does much for Barca?

Do you even watch the La Liga when you made the statement.

Barca was on a 16 match unbeaten streak in the second half of the season due to one man: Edgar Davids. If they had secured his services at the beginning of the season, they could well be the La Liga winners.

And did you see Barca vs Madrid? Beckham had to resort to tough tackling to negate Davids, and even then, Madrid lost!

Beckham is just a one trick pony. And he ain't scoring much from free kicks this season with Madrid. In fact, I think Roberto Carlos is way better at taking free kicks than Beckham.

Beckham is a good footballer, but he ain't on the level of Figo, Zidane, Davids and Nedved.

Beckham is only bought by Madrid due to his marketing appeal.

OLE SOLSKJAER is set to say an emotional farewell to Manchester United at this month’s FA Cup final.

The Norwegian forward looks likely to leave Old Trafford this summer for around £3million, with Celtic his likeliest destination.

A knee operation has forced him to miss most of this season. He has started only 10 games, scoring just one goal.

In the meantime, boss Alex Ferguson has bought Louis Saha, Cup-tied for the Millwall date on May 22, to partner Ruud van Nistelrooy up front.

Ferguson also sees Darren Fletcher as the long-term fixture on the right flank, where Solskjaer played at the end of last season. The Scot has been preferred in two of United’s last three games.

Crdit:- The Sun website

Edited by TheArsenal

OLE SOLSKJAER is set to say an emotional farewell to Manchester United at this month’s FA Cup final.

The Norwegian forward looks likely to leave Old Trafford this summer for around £3million, with Celtic his likeliest destination.

A knee operation has forced him to miss most of this season. He has started only 10 games, scoring just one goal.

In the meantime, boss Alex Ferguson has bought Louis Saha, Cup-tied for the Millwall date on May 22, to partner Ruud van Nistelrooy up front.

Ferguson also sees Darren Fletcher as the long-term fixture on the right flank, where Solskjaer played at the end of last season. The Scot has been preferred in two of United’s last three games.

Crdit:- The Sun website

I don't think Solskjaer will leave Man Utd just yet. He still has a few good years in him, and Fletcher has already said that his preferred position is in the central of midfield.

And this report is not very credible, as it's source is The Sun.

Johnny Perfect.....Dont fucking ever call me a fool when you obviously dont have a clue, your one of those people who probably bought a Real Madrid top with Beckham on the back becuase you use to own a Man Utd top with him on the back. Get your dick out the overated cunts ass you twat. You have pissed me off grrr.

Better midfielders....England have 2 maybe 3

1)Gerrard - Pure Quality

2)Scholes - ^^

3)Lampard - Hes had a good couple of seasons, we'll see

Jaoqin is a better right midfielder than him and i could go on all day naming better players but i dont wanna.

Beckham may not be the most 'technically sound' midfielder in the world, but he somethings the majority of players in that list do not; influence, and commitment.

Remember the England vs. Greece game? Beckham chased everything. Beckham does that all the time, he was the only player even trying that day.

For England, he's always the most influential player on the pitch, and half of the time at Real Madrid he is as well. Of the players on IBR's list, only Vieira and 'maybe' Keane have those things.

Guest I Bleed Red

I can tell you from watching United play with and without Keane, that he IS the most influential person on the pitch. There's no maybe about it. United are two different sides with him, and without him.

We're complete shit when he's not on the pitch, and that's a shame. No offense to him, but we shouldn't rely on one player to determine how much we want to win the games out there..

I can tell you from watching United play with and without Keane, that he IS the most influential person on the pitch.  There's no maybe about it.  United are two different sides with him, and without him.

We're complete shit when he's not on the pitch, and that's a shame.  No offense to him, but we shouldn't rely on one player to determine how much we want to win the games out there..

And you guys will be in for a headache when Keane retires or decides to go to Celtic.

IMHO, there is currently noone able to replace Keane at Utd. Djemba has only shown glimps of promise, Kleberson has yet to find his niche, and Butt is just..... Butt

Guest I Bleed Red

Oh of course TheArsenal, Keane's still a good player, but he's nowhere near as good as he used to be. Looks like his hip surgery from last season really took it away from him, well, that and getting old.

And I agree that we're up shit creek when he leaves if we can't find a replacement. I think Djemba could potentially end up being the replacement, if he plays like how I've seen him play this season. Kleberson isn't the same position as Keane though, so you can't put him in there. Agree with Butt, he's on his way down the pecking order, plus, he's too old to be a replacement.

Johnny Perfect.....Dont fucking ever call me a fool when you obviously dont have a clue, your one of those people who probably bought a Real Madrid top with Beckham on the back becuase you use to own a Man Utd top with him on the back. Get your dick out the overated cunts ass you twat. You have pissed me off grrr.

Better midfielders....England have 2 maybe 3

1)Gerrard - Pure Quality

2)Scholes - ^^

3)Lampard - Hes had a good couple of seasons, we'll see

Jaoqin is a better right midfielder than him and i could go on all day naming better players but i dont wanna.

Just go away, please do. It's called a fucking opinion you idiot, not a fact. Can't you allow other people to have one off them? If you want to at least argue your point, why not at least back your stuff up? because from what I'm reading, theres no proof what so ever that Beckham is over rated.