Man United Thread

Jook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what's been wrong with United this season in Europe. Seriously, they should have breezed through this group with the team they have. I'm honestly shocked that they didn't make it through. Cant say much more, big let down and now I expect them to fully focus on the Premiership and do something there. Not sure what the radio is on about claiming this could be Fergusons final CL match. Can anyone explain why? Hopefully he's not off anytime soon and gets another chance next season. Still, the season isn't over, but personally I felt they've been a huge let down in Europe this season.

That was one disgraceful performance. Villareal even did Utd a huge favour by scoring so that they only needed one goal. Did ManU even get a shot on target? Benfica were playing some dirty fucking games though. I haven't seen more blatant time-wasting and play-acting than that. I'd be ashamed of my team if they cheated their way through the last half hour like that.

That was one disgraceful performance. Villareal even did Utd a huge favour by scoring so that they only needed one goal. Did ManU even get a shot on target? Benfica were playing some dirty fucking games though. I haven't seen more blatant time-wasting and play-acting than that. I'd be ashamed of my team if they cheated their way through the last half hour like that.

Can't say I'm suprised all the signs were there that we wouldn't make it through.

6 awful Champions League games from Man Utd this season. Got to improve next season. Get some players in with the heart and passion to play here and players with the ability to feed Ruud Van Nistelrooy not the nice little tricks we get from Ronaldo.

Bet there will a big sack Fergie thing now but I think that would be stupid as its no way to treat someone that has given us so much especially as there is no viable replacment for him. Who would want to go to a Man Utd team without European football when they could take on a Real Madrid team that has a chance of winning the champions league.

That result shocked me, I'm not a Man U fan, but an English fan, and I want to see all of our teams doing well in Europe, one of the biggest going out in the group stages in THAT group is poor for Man U, and England. Luckily Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea showed everyone what English sides can truly do, (excluding the two chelsea vs liverpool games ZZZZ.)

To be honest, I'm not exactly surprised with the result.

Afterall, last night held the exact same situation as the Villareal game a week or two before, that simply being; win or we're out. And even though results elsewhere kept us in with a fighting chance that night, we never once looked like a team that deserved to progress to the latter stages. Its a sad sight to see. We've got the talent and potential to do well in competitions like this but somethings just not right somewhere along the line...Something thats been a long time in the making.

Surprised with that one. They really cant afford to be dropping points at home and against a team like Everton, who while are picking up some form, still aren't half the team they were last year. United SHOULD have won today, cant believe they didn't to be honest. How come RVN didn't play? Injured?

United weren't really bad today, pretty damn good actually. Exciting throughout the game but they just couldn't find that second goal. Ronaldo looked poor from when he came on, I still think he's lacking confidence and really does need to find form again. Scholes was brilliant as was most of the team really. Still, should have won today, cant afford to be dropping points in these games anymore.

Guest Small Red

I think it's quality that Man Utd are out - since it seems every season after we do shit, the next one is genius. This will tip Glazer the wink that signings have to be made - and with Nigel De Jong rumoured to be coming in during January, it's quality.

Apparently they also want Guss Hiddink after the World Cup.

(Y)

I can't remember the last time we won 4-0, home or away.

With that in mind, its a great result and just the kind needed to get us back on track after the Champions League exit. With a busy Christmas period coming up again, lets hope we can put together a good run of results like last year and maybe narrow the gap with Chelsea.