NWA:Total Nonstop Logic

Okay, I had written some very detailed feedback and before I could finish my AOL went and shit the bed so I'm very pissed because I wrote everything for nothing :angry: [Although I could have done the smart thing and wrote it all in notepad and just C&P'ed it, but I'm a dumbass..] So I'm not going to do all that typing again and just get right to the Super 8 Predictions. Cause I'm a lazy bastard.

Predictions:

Sabin over Kruel

Although it's painfully obvious who will this match, I don't think Kruel will get squashed I think he'll have a strong showing despite losing.

Walters over Cunningham

Although I'm not a big fan of Walters and like Cunningham, Walters has been on a hot streak.

Dutt over Rave

Sonjay Dutt is the shit plain and simple. Jimmy Rave is great and the match could go either way really, the only match really, but Dutt looks ready for the big time.

Shelley over Siaki

I agree with Conniption at least on Freelancer has to win, and Alex Shelley will get the "Upset" over Sonny Siaki since Siaki is a failed experiment.

Pending upon the bracketing, it'll either be Sonjay Dutt vs. John Walters [With Walters beating Sabin for the belt in the semi's, only to lose the belt to Sonjay in the infamous Double Switch!] or Chris Sabin vs. John Walters [With John Walters winning the X Division title or the opposite with Sabin winning from interence from Vince Russo] or Chris Sabin vs. Sonjay Dutt [With either Dutt winning the belt or Sabin retaining and winning the Super 8 with interence from Ron Killings]

So it's between three guys really: Dutt, Sabin, or Walters.

Or it could just be the obvious with Sabin winning but that just wouldn't be fun now would it? :P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Future Shock

Yea Sean, Sabin winning the Super X WOULD Make me happy. But I'll settle for a semi final work.

Now does Kruel wrestle X-Division style at all? I've never seen him wrestle.

I'm picking either Dutt, Sabin, or Shelley to take it, Sabin, you know why, Dutt, because this would make him be a big breakout star, and Shelley because it'd be a huge upset.

I don't normally like posting without something substancial, but there seems to be some confusion, so here are the brackets:

user posted image

I dislike putting Kruel up against Sabin, because with the whole "fighting for the pride of ECWA" stuff it's going to feel like a diappointment to have him job in round one, and Sabin isn't dropping the belt to him.

Remember, a title cannot change hands on a disqualification or count out. Anything is possible.

EDIT - Brackets replaced with Adgray's snazzy ones.

Edited by lafunkenstein

Guest Future Shock

After I've seen the brackets

I see Shelley vs Dutt, and Walters vs Sabin. I see Sabin going to the finals, and Dutt winning it all, as Shelley really isn't over enough yet.

Remember, a title cannot change hands on a disqualification or count out. Anything is possible.

True... but a DQ in a workrate-based tourney like this one would kinda suck.

I'm picking Dutt over Shelley in one semi (Shelley ain't over enough to go over Dutt, I don't think), Walters over Sabin in the other, and Dutt over Walters in the final. That is two title changes in one night, which some might not like, but it'd put over a new champ while keeping Walters and Sabin strongly in the hunt, which is a pretty good result from a tourney.

• 9 months later...

Well, since Lafunk gave me permission ( :wub: ), and since this IS pinned, I just wanted to throw my thoughts in here.

First off: I've never seen an episode or PPV or ANYTHING from TNA, EVER.

Second: If TNA (from what I read about it) had been more like THIS, then I would have been TRYING to find a way to watch it.

The whole thing is a very solidly done piece of work. From the booking, which manages to include some of the "older" workers as well as the up-and-comers, to the unique characters or quirks ( I mean, I know I've heard that you hate it Funky, but the B-Jizzle Intervizzle was truly classic), to the always top-notch writing, everything about this is of excellent quality.

One thing I admire is, as I touched on above, you weren't afraid to use some of the lesser used characters, like Disco or Watts, and that further you were able to give them their own personality. This was even to the point where I was sad when Disco lost and had to retire. *Sniff* And unlike others apparently, I actually liked the pairings in the tournament, and wish that I coudl see how you planned on working around some of the supposed "sure thing" matches.

There was very little I didn't like, and what was (mostly a few booking decisions and some feuds that really DID drag out too long) wasn't a MAJOR turnoff from the diary as a whole. I guess in conclusion, the hgihest praise I can give this is that I wish it HAD continued, or WOULD continue now.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...