23. NOFX - Stickin In My Eye

24. AFI - Days of The Phoenix

25. Capdown - Ska Wars

26. The Clash - White Man in Hammersmith

27. The Damned - New Rose

28. The Offspring - Come Out and Play

29. Pennywise - Bro Hymn

30. Fugazi - Waiting Room

It was for the Lock Up, which is usually a decent punk music show on Radio 1 and voted for by their listeners. Blitzkrieg Bop should have been in the top ten. I'm not even going to comment on Smells like Teen Spirit and Firestarter (the only upside for Prodigy being on there is that DJ Mike Davies refused to play it)

The fuck? Some of those band don't even have a punky side. From the good bands they did choose, they took a lot of crappier songs. I declare this list void, due to complete incompetance.

AND Radio 1 can suck my cock.

Yeah, that list is absolutely horrid. Since when is Prodigy a punk band?

Where are bands like Bad Brains, Husker Du, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, Richard Hell and Voidoids, The Cramps, or the Dead Boys? I could come up with a nicer list than that, and it would cover alot more areas of punk rock as opposed to this list.

Although, I am shocked that the Undertones managed to take the number two spot.

Green Day 3 times in the top ten... Now that's the list shat on. I don't like Green Day so it might influence my decision but calling the piece of shit Basket Case the greatest punk song of all time is horrible. I love Alkaline Trio but there's no reason at all they should even be on the list, let alone in the top 10. Nirvana and The Prodigy can fuck off. No Operation Ivy makes me a sad panda. Pennywise being 29 is a kick to the balls to me. Pennywise were one of the bands which steamed the transition to the 'new punk' sound. Without them (And others, don't get me wrong), there would be none of the 'skate punk" / "New Punk" bands. And "Bro Hymn" is the shit, it's a fucking classic for a sing-along. I can't be bothered to comment on the full list (I normally hate people bitching at lists, and now i'm doing it :( Pot...Kettle...Black to me.) however the lack of Strung Out is a like a dagger to the heart...... :shifty: I'm only kidding. As much as i'm fucking obsessed by them (Not in a trecking around the globe, huntng them with knives kind of way) they have no place in the Top 30 punk songs ever.

BASKET CASE!!!! FUCKING, BASKET CASE!!!! I understand it's a catchy song, but eugh.

Anyone who thought that there would be anything other than

a)punk rock

or b)old UK punk

at the top of this list obviously don't know what the Radio 1 listener is like.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

a)punk rock

or b)old UK punk

They have Green Day 3 times in the top 10. I don't want to know what a Radio 1 listener is like. :shifty: I could bear with Green Day being in the list, even in the top ten. Hell even winning. But 3 times. And top with Basket Case as well. It's one of those songs I can't bear to listen too all the way through.

Well, my basic point was that it isn't as if the poll was from Punk Lovers magazine, or something like that. The people voting are generally people who like middle of the road music or commerical stuff, and to be honest, I'm surprised about some of the bands that made the final 30, as I didn't even think they would make it.

Oh yeah, and Kraigy, this is voted for by the listeners, so you can't really blame Radio 1 in the end, I guess.

a)punk rock

or b)old UK punk

They have Green Day 3 times in the top 10. I don't want to know what a Radio 1 listener is like. :shifty: I could bear with Green Day being in the list, even in the top ten. Hell even winning. But 3 times. And top with Basket Case as well. It's one of those songs I can't bear to listen too all the way through.

Edited by Funk Odyssey

a)punk rock

or b)old UK punk

Well, my basic point was that it isn't as if the poll was from Punk Lovers magazine, or something like that. The people voting are generally people who like middle of the road music or commerical stuff, and to be honest, I'm surprised about some of the bands that made the final 30, as I didn't even think they would make it.

Oh yeah, and Kraigy, this is voted for by the listeners, so you can't really blame Radio 1 in the end, I guess.

I was joking with that comment. Other than the stuff about Green Day. I used to ignore them, but now wherever I turn they're there. :( And Mudda has the idea.

I knew you were joking, but I know some people wouldn't know what kinda music Radio 1 played, so just thought I'd be more obvious, I guess.

For some reason every other week I seem to be saying "this is the dumbest list I have ever seen in my life."

And yeah. This is one of the dumbest lists I have ever seen in my life. "Basket Case" is a good song but no way does it deserve to be anywhere near the top spot. Jimmy Eat World, the Prodigy and At the Drive-In are not punk rock in any way, shape, or form (I mean, Nirvana is at least heavily inspired by punk, even if they shouldn't be here either). And "American Idiot" is an awful, awful song. Christ.