MVP Baseball 2005 Trade Help

Your Mom

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, need some finance help. PUsing The Cubs 31 games in and as it looks at the moment I'm going to come up about -17 million at the end of the year. So I'm looking to cut some costs and what not. Right now I'm looking at trading Derek Lee as that would free up 7.50 mil, any suggestions as I know fuck all about this stuff, heh

You're way too early to worry about that estimate. As the season goes on you'll make more and more money. The early games don't draw nearly as well because they have so little importance. Just use your promotional days, and win games and you should make some money.

If you get closer to the trade deadline of July 31st, and you're still in the red, then consider a trade.

I can't hit, like, ever. Occasionally I'll cane one home (usually with Hideki Matusi, who has been fucking smokin' in my NYY Dynasty), but generally I pop it fly or barely get enough power to hit it out of the infield. I think my problem is I'm too sure what the best pitches to hit are, and when to lay off them (I'm fairly new to baseball). Any pointers?

Don't use the left stick when swinging; that's what causes a lot of my hitting problems. Just swing on time and you should be fine; but if you still hit a lot of balls badly, use SELECT to analyze your swing, that will tell you if you're early or late.

Sometimes it is detrimental, but many swing problems are because you're trying to push/pull the ball. If you try that and succeed, you have a good hit; but if you fail you 99% of the time have a god-awful hit, and that's where the problems ensue. Just let the bat do the work; you won't have as many spectacular hits, but you also will avoid those barely-hit groundouts and lazy floaters to the infielders.

I'm sure trading them helps even more :shifty:

If they don't like it and your playing them everyday, I have a feeling this is the way the game's way of telling you they want to be traded. I'm starting to think thats what it is. If they're playing everyday and they complain it's their way of telling you they no longer want to be on your team.