Official NHL Pre-Strike Thread

Lowerdeck

Guest PacaVeli777

i dont really watch (or like) Hockey, but i caught myself atching games 5,6,& 7.

The 5 minute penalty against Calgary, called in game 5 with like 2 minutes to go was not needed.

In game 6, we all know that was a goal, but NHL didnt want Calgary to get it.

Game 7 was actually pretty good, and was pretty entertaining, especially when Calgary got off like 3 shots in a row and Khabibulin blocked all of them, then St. Louis vs. Kiprusoff, when Kip blocked it with his toe was nice. Then the other penalty that was called when Iginla blew a gasket, at 1st i didnt agree with the call, but then in replay i saw the stick get him in the face, plus the blood.

All in all, if there is an NHL next year, i may actually watch a regular season game.

Pittsburgh runs out of money and closes shop

Actually, out of all the teams losing money, Pittsburgh is losing the LEAST.

They've put themselves in a position to wait for collective bargaining/salary cap, then use the extra revenue to buy a star player or two.

Add to that some of the awesome young talent they have, and mark my words, the Pens will be a team to reckon with in the future.

Shortnened season next letting all the Leaf veterens be fully rested for the Cup winning run. Oh ya. B)

Hell yeah.

I'm gonna put my money down on a CBA agreement going through and the NHL playing a 70-72 game schedule for next year. Both sides are smart enough to realize that a stoppage will hurt a lot.

Shortnened season next letting all the Leaf veterens be fully rested for the Cup winning run. Oh ya. B)

:lol: ......Oh you were being serious. Poor Clawson he'll never learn. Anyway, i predict they'll be a lockout until December or January and they there will be a shortened season where the amazing team known as "The New Jersey Devils" win there 4th Stanley Cup since 1995 over the lowly Pittsburgh Penugins...who defeated the Leafs 3-2 in OT of the 7th Game (Eastern Final) after a bad call by Kerry Frasier leads to a goal.....bwahahaha.

I think there will be a strike until November, not very long. Then shortend season to about 50-60 games. I see a salary cap but more like 60-70 million not the 30-40 million the league wants. I also see every player making over 5 million taking a pay cut of around a million to help the teams out, really does Jagr deserve 11 mil?

Gone- Pittsburgh, Florida, Carolina, and Phoenix. Buffalo and Ottawa are ifs, but I think they'll get financial assistance since they are both strong markets.

What will happen- If season happens, it'll be a 50 game season with a 60 million dollar salary cap. If there is no season expect there to be an 80 million dollar salary cap when a 2005-2006 season happens.

What I want to happen- Kerry Fraser to lose his job.

Gone- Pittsburgh, Florida, Carolina, and Phoenix.  Buffalo and Ottawa are ifs, but I think they'll get financial assistance since they are both strong markets.

I repeat...Pittsburgh WILL NOT be gone. They are losing the LEAST amount of money out of every team in the NHL, and they have a payroll low enough to stay afloat during the lockout.

The Pittsburgh Penguins will remain. And they'll become top contenders once the new collective bargaining and salary cap is implemented. They have all the young talent, all they need is 1 or 2 stars, and with the extra revenue they'll be getting...they should be able to afford it.

I'd like to see them be "amazing" without the trap. :thumbs-up:

<_< bastard

btw, Damshow. Why exactaly would Buffalo and/or Ottawa need financial assistance if they just got new owners who are willing to spill out money. Isn't Eugine Melnuk (Sens Owner) a billioniare?

Just which teams are losing money in the NHL?

19 of the 30 teams are, all the major markets (Toronto, Montreal etc.) are obviously making money. Don't know who would be losing. I'd guess Boston & Colorado are making but don't know for sureAlso ottawa won't go out, one of the richest men in Canada bought the team, he also owns the St. Mikes Majors in the OHL.

Edited by Corizzle

Its gonna be a lockout my PWA friend.

And Columbus and Atlanta need to go

Why would Atlanta and Columbus go? They both have promising young players and a couple stars or stars in the making (Heater, Kovy, ATL and Nash, CBS), and they haven't been in the league long. And the way the Thrashers played the first half of the year is showing things are looking bright. Plus Atlanta still has a couple of pretty good prospects coming in going by the names of Lehtonen and Colburn. And Columbus has Zherdev who could also turn out to be a very good player.