Yes, it's the rematch!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A practical set, from myself:

Size: 600 x 600

A friend of yours has decided to set up a fansite for his/her favourite celebrity, and you've agreed to design the website for them. Unfortunately, the celebrity in question is someone you absolutely despise. You must design the basic layout for the website as well as a banner or logo with the name of the website (your choice). You don't have to worry about HTML or anything like that, just what the site will look like.

Limitations: Must be a highly annoying celebrity, must include a logo or banner with the website name.

And a more thematic set, from The Doctor:

Size: 500 x 500

You have been  put  upon a firing squad  and each person has a last wish . your last wish was to  open up your favorite  graphic editing software one last time and make a graphic. The guard decide to play along and say that if you can make a graphic that depicts your emotions at said time , that he may let you live.

Limitations: must  include a border

Here's mine. I'm iffy about the text, but overall I'm quite proud of it.

timeisrunningout8og.jpg

Not sure why I'm giving a decription, but I was trying to give the impression that she's trying to think of a plan on escaping. But meh.

Okay well here is my entry. I went for something more simpleish, although it felt like some hard work anyway. I didn't want to create grunge stuff anymore, I just wanted to create a more realistic look. Not sure I fully pulled it off, but I gave it a shot with my ideas. Firstly I found the picture of a woman laid out on stepping, faded round her and faded it into the picture, changed some of the lighting and so on. Did the same for the guy with the blood and the soldier. Did my best to posistion them properly with the other stuff around them. It's basically the inside of me at the time asking what the world has come to, and whether I'm next in the firing line or not. Meh (Y)

whathastheworldcopy6pp.th.jpg

With it uploaded it looks quite bad to me from what it did in PS. I'm scared I cant create anything all that good anymore :blush:

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

JP: Poor font choice, EXCELLENT blending on the soldier though his color looks a bit out of place (He's completely orange o.o), the blending ont he girl is strange as she's glowing orange, and the guy looks out of place as the only non-orange person...or perhaps you meant the orange on the two as a symbol between them? Could be something deep and meaningful there...

HFD: Again, poor font choice...but I do love what you've done. The brightness you've used with the girl to offset the duller parts of the graphic really comes off well, though I'm iffy on some of the brushes you've used, as they cross over from floor to wall and make parts look fused together in a slant rather then an L form.

This is fucking close though, the both of you did overall very good jobs...ugh, fuck the both of you for making this hard to choose, lol.

I'll have to go for HFD though...JP's was great, but HFD's had a better feel to it with more symbolism. There were some awkward parts to both graphics, but I think HFD's juuuuust edges JP's out by a hair.

Great work from the both of you though :)

Totally agree about the text. I'm quite shit at text actually and just cant seem to improve on it. Cheers though Tom :wub:

Oh and yeah, HFD said he wants this to be first to three over MSN as he wants to fully humiliate me. He's 2-0 up and to save posting yet another topic, let's just do the third in here. Someone give us some good rules if you could mateys :)

Totally agree about the text. I'm quite shit at text actually and just cant seem to improve on it. Cheers though Tom  :wub:

Oh and yeah, HFD said he wants this to be first to three over MSN as he wants to fully humiliate me. He's 2-0 up and to save posting yet another topic, let's just do the third in here. Someone give us some good rules if you could mateys  :)

THEME: Cooooongratulations! You are one of the very few astronauts chosen by NASA to be flown out to a completely new planet found just outside the reaches of the solar system! During your trip out there, NASA finds that your camera systems have been damaged slightly, and will take a bit of repair. However, NASA decides that one astronaut should stay behind and, using their laptop and Photoshop, depict what they see out of their side window.

RULES: So yes, depict whatever it is you 'see'. You might see the planet, you might see the stars...you might see many things. Make it happen. If you DO see the planet though, here's where it gets tricky...it can't be a pre-existing planet: YOU have to make this planet. You can make it by combining planets, or using textures over a planet, something...but it has to be different. Also needs a border, no text is required but you can use some if you want.

SIZE: None, go wild

Edited by Norris Scott

To be honest, I don't really like what I've done with this. I think the text(s) are iffy, and shouldn't really be in the same graphic together. I would work on this more, but Round 2 of AT4 is up and I really need to work on that.

Either way, I think JP has definetly(sp?) won this round.

journey9pp.th.jpg