Yes, it's the rematch!

HFD...that's brilliant.

Seriously, I'm loving what you've done with that planet. JP's gonna have to really impress me to win this one, because that one's just DAMN good.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HFD...that's brilliant.

Seriously, I'm loving what you've done with that planet. JP's gonna have to really impress me to win this one, because that one's just DAMN good.

I agree with Norris, that's just fucking awesome man.

Lovely work like I said over MSN, some top stuff there. Loving the text on that thing.

Anyway's, this was pretty hard to beat. Worked on it at different times today, on and off. Used about four different tutorials from good-tutorials, one which helped out brilliantly actually. Then I got the idea from War Of The Worlds and decided to use part of their poster for my graphic too, which was a bit of a bitch to cut. As you know, text is my worst thing, I did what I could.

Was tough to pull off, but here's my entry. First to three votes, if HFD win's he wins the entire thing 3-0, so I badly need this one. Goodluck mate (Y)

WhenWorldsCollide2.jpg

This was a bitch to judge guys . both are equally great.

HFD:

1. I love the planet and starfield and the slight color variations within the star field.

2. I really don't like the big border and the text used at the bottom , imo the graphic as a whole would look better without it and a simple border

3. On the right edge a little below the planet is an orange vertical line , looks like maybe a small comet travelling up . Could be me but as soon as I look at the graphic it catches my eye and just looks out of place .

4. The area where the main text is , you chose to use a blurred blackish area for the text background. imo you should have let the starfield continue and just place the text as it.

---

Overall a great piece and probably one of the ebst I've seen from you

JP:

1. again you too made some nice planets and the starfield is good even though it doesn't consist of color variations like HFD's

2. the text is ok but a simpler font might have worked better

3. the alien hand really doesn't look as if its a part of the graphic , i don't know what could be changed to make it but as is it jsut sticks out.

overall a good graphic , but I've seen better from you

I'm votin for HFD both were great graphics

Don't take offense guys, but I'm not going to choose. This are both excellent entries, and I'd have a hell of a time trying to compare them. I can't do it, you two both rule.

I agree, they are both EXCELLENT! Good show boys, but my vote goes to HFD. For one reason only.

The battle was to depict what you'd see as an astronaught. I doubt that you'd see a handholding a planet JP. Other than that, I'd call it a tie.

Verdict: HFD

Rule Set 1 :

Theme : with the upcoming release of Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 , the developers are looking for promotional graphics , so they start up a contest for everyone to design thier best smackdown vs. raw 2006 t-shirt

{if you want heres a site with 3 different t-shirt templates http://www.houseofstirfry.com/chia/templates/tshirt.html}

Rule Set 2 :

Theme : Apollo 13 is being re=released in a limited quanity with special artwork created by yourself. create your best space scene and incorporate apollo 13 in the graphic somehow.

Size: 550 x 550

must include a border