Saddest TV Moment

Guest Wrestling_Man

Guest Wrestling_Man

OK, what is THE ONE TV moment that actually made you cry? And I want you to be fucking honest, because I'm going to say two things that'll be shocking.

The first one is on Full House when Jesse is moving out and Michelle doesn't want him to go, and he gives her the framed rabbit, and she gives him the stuffed pig, and as they say goodbye, Jesse leaves the room and sheds a tear and then Michelle sheds a tear, it's just so damn heartbreaking.

The other one, is from Winnie the Pooh. YES, WINNIE THE FUCKING POOH!! But there is a good reason. It was when Rabbit had the little blue bird Cessy, and he didn't want her to leave him, and the whole episode he didn't want her to fly. One point, he thought he lost her and then he says that he never got the chance to say that he loved her. And then, at the end, when she's about to leave, Rabbit finds the carrot she planted and as she left, Rabbit could never get to it and dropped the carrot over the cliff, but then she comes back to him before she left. What makes it so sad is the music, it's just unbelievable.

OK, now say your moments that made you cry. :crying:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll put **spoilers** for anyone who hasn't gotten around to watching 24 season 1 yet. I just finished the dvd set, so there may be others out there like me, just watching it for the first time now...

Anyways, the finale of 24 season 1 was pretty sad. First, seeing how hearing about his daughter dying messed Jack up, and then at the end when his wife dies. It was all so emotional :'(

Either the final Dawson episode of Family Feud, when he made the most heart wrenching speech since Ric Flair in late 1998 on Nitro, or Johnny Carson's last Tonight Show.

Both very emotional for me, although I was sort of young during the Carson one, and saw the Feud one on tape.

I have several TV moments that made me cry.

- When Wesley died in the series finale of Angel.

- Buffy pleading with Angel to change back his decision to remain a vampire in Season 1 of Angel (I Will Remember You).

- Kevin Arnold's dad in The Wonder Years dying at the end of the series.

- There's a few episodes of Boy Meets World that have made me bawl my eyes out. I can't remember which, but there are a few.

- Sean & Christian's confrontation in Nip/Tuck Season 2 (?), when Sean finds out that Christian fucked Sean's wife Julia. The line that Sean says to Christian after he punches him ("I loved you the most") was just fucking gripping, man.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

OK, what is THE ONE TV moment that actually made you cry?  And I want you to be fucking honest, because I'm going to say two things that'll be shocking.

The first one is on Full House when Jesse is moving out and Michelle doesn't want him to go, and he gives her the framed rabbit, and she gives him the stuffed pig, and as they say goodbye, Jesse leaves the room and sheds a tear and then Michelle sheds a tear, it's just so damn heartbreaking.

The other one, is from Winnie the Pooh.  YES, WINNIE THE FUCKING POOH!!  But there is a good reason.  It was when Rabbit had the little blue bird Cessy, and he didn't want her to leave him, and the whole episode he didn't want her to fly.  One point, he thought he lost her and then he says that he never got the chance to say that he loved her.  And then, at the end, when she's about to leave, Rabbit finds the carrot she planted and as she left, Rabbit could never get to it and dropped the carrot over the cliff, but then she comes back to him before she left.  What makes it so sad is the music, it's just unbelievable.

OK, now say your moments that made you cry. :crying:

Being the hardcore Friends mark that I am, the number one has to be the very last scene in the series finale of the show. Monica and Chandler's apartment is empty and everyone puts their spare keys on the counter as the all leave the room. Then they all walk down the hall one last time and the camera pans around the old apartment before stopping and zooming in on the keyhole in the door. It's bittersweet because I was happy that Rachel and Ross FINALLY get back together after all those years, but at the same time knowing the whole series ends there is just a downer for me. One of only a few shows I've been emotionally attached to, and this show more than any other.

Honorable mentions go to...

On That 70's Show, this past season's finale when Red and Eric share an emotional goodbye before Eric goes off the Africa. I mark for moments when Red acts like a caring father and it was sad to Topher Grace leave the show, to me he was THE character that kept it running smoothly. Without him and Ashton Kutcher, the show just won't be the same.

The final episode of Wonder Years, especially at the very end when grown up Kevin talks about what happened to the characters in the future and how his dad dies a few years later.

And the last episode of Futurama because it was so sad to a show that I thought had tons of mileage left go down so soon.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

The Wonder Years finale for sure, but another Friends episode that got me going was the one where Joey and Rachel were having dinner. And Joey told Rachel how he felt and he walked away because he couldn't take it.

Not sure why that had me feeling a bit sad, perhaps because I was in the midst of a bad break-up.

I never really cry during TV shows but there's a few sad ones

- Futurama's had two great sad episodes, The one with Fry's dog and the one where he's looking for his seven-leaf clover that he thought his brother took.

- The episode of Angel when Cordelia dies and the end of the 5th season when he has to give up Connor are both sad. The stuff with Wesley/Fred is pretty sad as well, Especially when Wesley dies.

- Third Watch, When Bobby dies and the last episode are both sad.

Guest TheTokenWhiteGuy

I might as well say mine. Along with many that were mentioned that I didn't bother to repeat.

Several Parts of Band of Brothers were really sad. The part that I remember the best was the last scene where the German give's his troops their final speech, and the American is traslating, and they realize, they really were just like the Germans that they had been killing. As well as the beginning, that is just such a sorrowfull song.

Edited by TheTokenWhiteGuy

-Spike's reaction to Buffy's death at the end of Season 5. It's hard for me to watch that again.

-Fred's slow, painful death as a result of Illyria infecting her on Angel. It's just torturous to watch.

-And yes, the "I Will Remember You" episode of Angel... goddamn you woulda thought I was a 12 year old girl watching that.

I'm probably one of the few people of the target audience who was affected by this, but the episode of Sesame Street -- yes, Sesame Street -- where they deal with Mr. Hooper's death. It was one of the first times that I had actually had to deal with anyone I even remotely knew dying. I wanted to hold Big Bird and just cry with him.

Stop laughing.

- Friends; Last Ever episode

- Futurama; "Jurassic Bark"

- Nip/Tuck; When that lady Sean had an affair with committed suicide.

- Nip/Tuck; Season 2 Finale