WWE SmackDown! vs RAW 2006

Guest ch1ppy08

I like it, it's a little bit over the top... but that's how it has been and I have no complaints.

Yeah, but it's a bit daft when you fight a 30 minute (Damn there being no 60 minute iron man match :@) iron man and both are in red, you've been fighting for ages and you suddenly get a Rock Bottom. Only for him to kip up and pose, afterwards.

It's the same with the Sweet Chin Music. One on animation the opponent flips backwards in a Rock-esque oversell, and in both Michaels dances afterwards. Whats the point? I'm with Kliq, they should have reanimated the bigger moves, the main event moves rather than a couple of punches and kicks.

GM Mode is going to be really bare bones this year. It'll be a cool feature, but I don't think it's going to be that great because we all know THQ's track record with the first year of a new feature.

Thats almost word-for-word what IGN said about it, it's going to be pretty plain right now. I am interested in seeing what the promo segments are going to be like. It'll probably be a generic animation with some text, but it'd be nice if you could have the same kind of set-pieces you see though season mode.

• Admin

I like it, it's a little bit over the top... but that's how it has been and I have no complaints.

I preferred the Smackdown 1/Smackdown 2 version. I demand it's return.

Yeah, but it's a bit daft when you fight a 30 minute (Damn there being no 60 minute iron man match :@) iron man and both are in red, you've been fighting for ages and you suddenly get a Rock Bottom. Only for him to kip up and pose, afterwards.

It's the same with the Sweet Chin Music. One on animation the opponent flips backwards in a Rock-esque oversell, and in both Michaels dances afterwards. Whats the point? I'm with Kliq, they should have reanimated the bigger moves, the main event moves rather than a couple of punches and kicks.

Don't even get me started on the Sweet Chin Music. The only time The Rock ever taunted after doing a Rock Bottom was when he WASN'T in a match, I just don't get why they couldn't reanimate the move.

You'll also be pleased to hear there's 60-minute matches this year.

GM Mode is going to be really bare bones this year. It'll be a cool feature, but I don't think it's going to be that great because we all know THQ's track record with the first year of a new feature.

Thats almost word-for-word what IGN said about it, it's going to be pretty plain right now. I am interested in seeing what the promo segments are going to be like. It'll probably be a generic animation with some text, but it'd be nice if you could have the same kind of set-pieces you see though season mode.

IGN said it's just text, nothing else

Along with the Smackdown 1 Tombstone. Nothing else works for Kane :@

:w00t: This is why Kliq is my favouritest admin >_>

I know it said that, but I thought they meant it wouldn't be voice-overs. If it is just a screen with some writing then...cool. I guess.

• Admin

Along with the Smackdown 1 Tombstone. Nothing else works for Kane :@

I can't remember what it looks like. :o

That's another problem for me now that you've mentioned it, Kane's chokeslam and powerbomb. In the former he still flicks his hair back, despite having none, and he hasn't used the powerbomb as a finisher in 3 years. How hard is it to update a few fucking moves for fucks sake. Undertaker's tombstone is pretty shitty in itself, I prefer the one with the non-pin and I usually change to it, the only bad thing is that pointing gesture he makes (he only ever did that once, at KoTR 2000 :blink: )

:w00t: This is why Kliq is my favouritest admin >_>

w00t.

I know it said that, but I thought they meant it wouldn't be voice-overs. If it is just a screen with some writing then...cool. I guess.

That's the impression I got, that it was just text on a screen.

That's another problem for me now that you've mentioned it, Kane's chokeslam and powerbomb. In the former he still flicks his hair back, despite having none, and he hasn't used the powerbomb as a finisher in 3 years. How hard is it to update a few fucking moves for fucks sake. Undertaker's tombstone is pretty shitty in itself, I prefer the one with the non-pin and I usually change to it, the only bad thing is that pointing gesture he makes (he only ever did that once, at KoTR 2000 blink.gif )

Well, the hair flick doesn't bother me much, since I'll probably use Masked Kane more than anything, but the powerbomb is fucking awful. I love that chokeslam though, despite the hair flick, it's the best one in the game. Being able to do it into a casket now > *

I had to give him the tombstone pin last time round, the one where the impact happens about three seconds after his head hits the ground <_<

I didn't even realise the American Badass pointing tombstone was in SDvR.

• Admin

That's another problem for me now that you've mentioned it, Kane's chokeslam and powerbomb. In the former he still flicks his hair back, despite having none, and he hasn't used the powerbomb as a finisher in 3 years. How hard is it to update a few fucking moves for fucks sake. Undertaker's tombstone is pretty shitty in itself, I prefer the one with the non-pin and I usually change to it, the only bad thing is that pointing gesture he makes (he only ever did that once, at KoTR 2000 blink.gif )

Well, the hair flick doesn't bother me much, since I'll probably use Masked Kane more than anything, but the powerbomb is fucking awful. I love that chokeslam though, despite the hair flick, it's the best one in the game. Being able to do it into a casket now > *

I had to give him the tombstone pin last time round, the one where the impact happens about three seconds after his head hits the ground <_<

I didn't even realise the American Badass pointing tombstone was in SDvR.

It's Tombstone Piledriver 02, for future reference. (Y)

I think it'd be much better to have the option for a move to go into a pin. Like, while doing the move, if you hit R1 or something, it follows into the pin animation. That way you don't have to pin people in matches where pins don't count, like Royal Rumbles. And like Kliq and Kaney said, I'm not that keen on all the post-move taunt animations either, so a similar system could be incorporated there, because there's always going to be that one instance where you need to take the piss out of your opponent :P

• Admin

I think it'd be much better to have the option for a move to go into a pin. Like, while doing the move, if you hit R1 or something, it follows into the pin animation. That way you don't have to pin people in matches where pins don't count, like Royal Rumbles. And like Kliq and Kaney said, I'm not that keen on all the post-move taunt animations either, so a similar system could be incorporated there, because there's always going to be that one instance where you need to take the piss out of your opponent :P

You've got exactly the right idea. (Y)

on GM mode, how will the free agents be determined. I know you can get a created worker in there and sign him to your brand but what about the others. This really looks like a promising addition to SD games and if they work with it the right way it can become bigger than season mode. It sounds good but I'll probably be getting this game on PSP, 'cause it'll give me somthing to do on road trips then maybe just rent it on PS2 and see how it plays. But this looks like this game could top what i thought was the best SD to date in HCTP.

Im so undecided to ask for this game from christmas or something.

The Pros

The GM section

The Online Gaming

New Matches

Season mode is always fun

Create a PPV

The Cons

I get bored of the actual wrestling part

Need an online adapter which seems pointless because i never play my ps2 bar Smackdown games and GTA

UK not being able to play with the USA

Match Commentary, arg

I think it'd be much better to have the option for a move to go into a pin. Like, while doing the move, if you hit R1 or something, it follows into the pin animation. That way you don't have to pin people in matches where pins don't count, like Royal Rumbles. And like Kliq and Kaney said, I'm not that keen on all the post-move taunt animations either, so a similar system could be incorporated there, because there's always going to be that one instance where you need to take the piss out of your opponent

I sort of agree. SORT OF. It makes sense that you shouldn't have pins incorporated into finishers during something like a Last Man Standing match, since it negates the point of hitting your finisher. But on the other hand, the button for pin/non pin could be a bit silly as well. For example, how many times have you seen RVD hit a Five Star Frog Splash, stand up then walk over and make the pin? He almost always rolls through. I think it'd be a whole lot better if they had the game recognise that pins aren't enabled in a certain match, so they automatically don't follow through. Such as if you try a pin in a submission match, it'll automatically make you do a sleeper, or whatever. Even so, your button idea is better than it is now. You're spot on about the taunt though.

I get bored of the actual wrestling part

Then why does new matches or online play interest you?

Need an online adapter which seems pointless because i never play my ps2 bar Smackdown games and GTA

But it's free once you buy it, so it's not as if you NEED to constantly use it to get the good out of it.

UK not being able to play with the USA

I agree, it sucks badly.

Match Commentary, arg

Volume goes down after a week, so it doesn't really bother me.

In conclusion: buy it.

I think it'd be much better to have the option for a move to go into a pin. Like, while doing the move, if you hit R1 or something, it follows into the pin animation. That way you don't have to pin people in matches where pins don't count, like Royal Rumbles. And like Kliq and Kaney said, I'm not that keen on all the post-move taunt animations either, so a similar system could be incorporated there, because there's always going to be that one instance where you need to take the piss out of your opponent

I sort of agree. SORT OF. It makes sense that you shouldn't have pins incorporated into finishers during something like a Last Man Standing match, since it negates the point of hitting your finisher. But on the other hand, the button for pin/non pin could be a bit silly as well. For example, how many times have you seen RVD hit a Five Star Frog Splash, stand up then walk over and make the pin? He almost always rolls through. I think it'd be a whole lot better if they had the game recognise that pins aren't enabled in a certain match, so they automatically don't follow through. Such as if you try a pin in a submission match, it'll automatically make you do a sleeper, or whatever. Even so, your button idea is better than it is now. You're spot on about the taunt though.